So I have some news...

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I spoke with an actual person who's connected with the Bryce Jordan Center and is privy to dates who looked at the "not confirmed" Bryce Jordan calendar and said that May 7th is indeed tentative for Pearl Jam. This person would definitely know. They also said that there's a place on their website where you can get "insider" info by clicking on an insider tab and any announcements will come through the insider email, sometimes before it even hits their regular website and you can get deals on tickets and such.

I think it's 90 percent certain that if a tour aint coming, then one certainly was in the works.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Dallas fans won't be too happy to read this thread
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i have a tip

bumping the other thread would have worked too

:)
  • i have a tip

You know, I thought there was another thread on this and didn't mean to reiterate if the other poster said something similar...there have been so many rumors though and the fact that I got this from someone on the inside at the BJC that I figured I'd post my scoop as well. Where there's smoke...
  • its weird that they're going down to the wire with this particular tour announcement, but i guess they can afford to announce shows on the east coast on such short notice...i mean, its by far their strongest market.

they could announce May MSG shows in the middle of april and still sell them out easily.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    it's true!!!!

4383351784_05a340c180.jpg
  • with all the confusion i think it's safe to assume that pearl jam originally had a tour plan, which included holding dates at venues . . . but that plan fell through. and now the possibility of a new tour plan, which may include different dates and venues, is kind of fucking with things a little. there's things you can and can't get away with on the internet, and pearl jam has been kind of sloppy with the thing. there are two universes existing right now in the world, pearl jam's former tour plans and pearl jam's future tour plans. neither one is really all that promising maybe. i am looking forward to seeing if the band remembers to even play the eruopean leg of the backspacer tour. (keep in mind it was the shortest album to date . . . it's perfectly fine to be the shortest tour to date, too, as well, and also). soundgarden has thrown wrench into things, but the climate for someone like chris cornell to make demands disrupt a great band's schedule has existed for some time now . . . say since the avocado b-sides were put into the protection of jack bauer . . . for sure some venues may still think that pearl jam is going to call them back the next morning after seducing them. we are running out of time, people. all i'm saying is that news isn't really news any more . . . we need some problem solving.
    give J Roddy Waslton & the Business a listen, that is all.
    i have a tip

You know, I thought there was another thread on this and didn't mean to reiterate if the other poster said something similar...there have been so many rumors though and the fact that I got this from someone on the inside at the BJC that I figured I'd post my scoop as well. Where there's smoke...

ahh... i'm just cranky ;)

it's all good :)
  • it's true!!!!

Holy fuck. Confirmation!!!! Can't wait.

:lol:
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    JG63592 wrote:
    with all the confusion i think it's safe to assume that pearl jam originally had a tour plan, which included holding dates at venues . . . but that plan fell through. and now the possibility of a new tour plan, which may include different dates and venues, is kind of fucking with things a little. there's things you can and can't get away with on the internet, and pearl jam has been kind of sloppy with the thing. there are two universes existing right now in the world, pearl jam's former tour plans and pearl jam's future tour plans. neither one is really all that promising maybe. i am looking forward to seeing if the band remembers to even play the eruopean leg of the backspacer tour. (keep in mind it was the shortest album to date . . . it's perfectly fine to be the shortest tour to date, too, as well, and also). soundgarden has thrown wrench into things, but the climate for someone like chris cornell to make demands disrupt a great band's schedule has existed for some time now . . . say since the avocado b-sides were put into the protection of jack bauer . . . for sure some venues may still think that pearl jam is going to call them back the next morning after seducing them. we are running out of time, people. all i'm saying is that news isn't really news any more . . . we need some problem solving.

i tried making this point in another thread.
    maybe..just maybe there will be NO TOUR, NO SHOWS, NOTHING.

SNL, Jazz Fest, Euro Tour and thats all she wrote.
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
    jets521 wrote:

i tried making this point in another thread.
    maybe..just maybe there will be NO TOUR, NO SHOWS, NOTHING.

SNL, Jazz Fest, Euro Tour and thats all she wrote.

did you not see the confirmation?? ;)
  • it's true!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    i just got an email...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    LukinFan wrote:
    Dallas fans won't be too happy to read this thread

That's OK. We are used to being completely ignored by this band year in and year out.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    i just got an email...

Me too.. it was about the work Fantasy Football league :shock:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    IE and toolbars, fail!
  • i think that all this was going to happen but when soundgarden got back together that pretty much put all of pj plans for their n american tour but good news is i was at toronto show last august and ed said maybe we will see u next summer so i have a feeling they will play the imagine festival
  • jw185687 wrote:
    i think that all this was going to happen but when soundgarden got back together that pretty much put all of pj plans for their n american tour but good news is i was at toronto show last august and ed said maybe we will see u next summer so i have a feeling they will play the imagine festival
    In 2003 Ed told everyone at the Alpine show...

"See you next year"

7 years later.....

hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Jennytree wrote:
    i just got an email...

Me too.. it was about the work Fantasy Football league :shock:

mine was about me winning money from Bill Gates

Brisk. wrote:
    IE and toolbars, fail!

it's work... so i get what they give me