Severed Hand Effects

pedalbreakpedalbreak Posts: 138
edited March 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
I love Mike's solo in Severed Hand, and was wondering what pedals he's using. At first I thought it was just wah and his tube screamer, but I thinks there's something else in there I cant put my finger on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• H&K Rotary unit
    Line 6 MM4 Modular unit
    Line 6 DL4 Delay unit

It might be one of those. The opening is a backwards delay
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    :oops: I just thought it was a sample.
  • savman wrote:
    :oops: I just thought it was a sample.
    No, it's a track being played backwards, I'm pretty sure. Eddie plays it though, sometimes (like on SNL) with just chords.
  • Im pretty sure it is the Line 6 DL4 Delay unit

I have one of these and can get a similar sound and I know Mike has one on his board.

They normally play a sample live, but I'm sure I watched/listened to one unofficial gig DVD and they actually played it live. Can't remember which though Im afraid.
    Check out my covers http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd

Amsterdam 26/6/12, Manchester 21/6/12, Manchester 20/6/12, PJ20 4/9/11 PJ20 3/9/11 Hyde Park 25/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, Dublin 22/6/10, Philly 30/10/09, Philly 28/10/09, O2 18/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Shepherds Bush 11/8/09, Goeffert Park 28/6/07, Wembley Arena 18/6/09, Marseille 9/6/06, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Astoria 20/4/06
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    The DL4 is what he uses to replicate that sound when he plays it. In the studio it was actually simply done by playing the tape backwards.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    The DL4 is what he uses to replicate that sound when he plays it. In the studio it was actually simply done by playing the tape backwards.
    Yeah, you can actually hear some of the tape feeds in the original track
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I thought I read somewhere S/T wasn't recorded to tape.
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Really? That would really surprise me. But then again, maybe not.