Pearl jam and Sound Garden! TEMPLE OF THE DOG!

breakingdown0013breakingdown0013 Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Ok, So I love Pearl jam. And Sound Garden has always been bad ass. (By the way), Did any body hear that they are getting back together? Whats going to happen to Matt Cameron? I hope he doesn't go any where. I have really grown used to him being the drummer for PJ. If any body knows anything please let me know. Thanks
He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    He will work with Soundgarden while Pearl Jam is in between shows, recordings, etc.

A member of both.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Ok, So I love Pearl jam. And Sound Garden has always been bad ass. (By the way), Did any body hear that they are getting back together? Whats going to happen to Matt Cameron? I hope he doesn't go any where. I have really grown used to him being the drummer for PJ. If any body knows anything please let me know. Thanks

You must love them so much that you spelt Soundgarden wrong?

Nah none of us heard of this getting back together? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute hold on...

MATT CAMERON DRUMS FOR PEARL JAM??!

HAHA
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Does anybody know when the Spectrum shows will be available? I can't find them in the goods section.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Does anybody know when the Spectrum shows will be available? I can't find them in the goods section.

I think I might be crushing on you right now. :D
    Sarcasm....the only way I make it through the day without going Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".
  • Does anybody know when the Spectrum shows will be available? I can't find them in the goods section.

out of stock

you gotta be faster than that, to get what you really need
  • Brisk. wrote:

Nah none of us heard of this getting back together? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cut a person some slack. Not everyone is as big a fan as you.
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • ok ok...i'm going to be the nice one and help out the the OP...

it's been known for over a month (perhaps longer) on this board SG is reuniting...so sorry, you're a little late, and no worries, it says you only have 2 posts under your avatar so i'll take it you don't read the board much, or you just joined not too long ago (i haven't seen a thread involving the SG reunion for a couple of days so you might not have seen them since you joined)

as for the MC issue, none of us know for sure, but a lot of us are speculating different things...one, and probably the most popular, SG will open for PJ and Matt will pull double shifts every night. another is that they will tour together yet play separate nights... a third is that they will replace MC temporarily (some even jokingly say they will replace him with Dave A, which we all know will never ever happen)

so yeah it's all been addressed...and just a little advice for the future, if you're going to make a thread about something that you think has been addressed before, type your subject in the search box towards the top of the forum and see what comes up, it may answer your question and even if the thread is dead and buried, you could always revive it with a post. but i can tell you are new to the forums so don't feel bad, rookie mistake.

EDIT: P.S. sorry for the long post
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Brisk. wrote:

Leave him alone, he's probably 14. You know like you were, 5 years ago, when you started posting here? :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • ok ok...i'm going to be the nice one and help out the the OP...

it's been known for over a month (perhaps longer) on this board SG is reuniting...so sorry, you're a little late, and no worries, it says you only have 2 posts under your avatar so i'll take it you don't read the board much, or you just joined not too long ago (i haven't seen a thread involving the SG reunion for a couple of days so you might not have seen them since you joined)

as for the MC issue, none of us know for sure, but a lot of us are speculating different things...one, and probably the most popular, SG will open for PJ and Matt will pull double shifts every night. another is that they will tour together yet play separate nights... a third is that they will replace MC temporarily (some even jokingly say they will replace him with Dave A, which we all know will never ever happen)

so yeah it's all been addressed...and just a little advice for the future, if you're going to make a thread about something that you think has been addressed before, type your subject in the search box towards the top of the forum and see what comes up, it may answer your question and even if the thread is dead and buried, you could always revive it with a post. but i can tell you are new to the forums so don't feel bad, rookie mistake.

EDIT: P.S. sorry for the long post

Good on you for the decent response.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• SOLAT319 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Leave him alone, he's probably 14. You know like you were, 5 years ago, when you started posting here? :twisted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry Ed dude.....but that shit was funny!!! :lol::lol:

good one Selin!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I heard a rumor somewhere that PJ will add Jack Irons to fill in for Matt while he's playing with Soundgarden. Let's all hope this is true.

They're just "Temporarily Out of Stock," probably be back in stock.........NEXT WEEK.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    WE LANDED ON THE MOON????
  • So Obviously its been awhile since I've been on. First I want to thank those who didn't criticize me on my last posts! Second, I want to say that I didn't know I had to be so grammatically correct on this thing. (such as spelling Soundgarden) So Sorry Brisk. I mean i only get on every so often. I don't live on the damn thing. However, Some wish to belittle me for just asking a simple question. And that would be directed toward you pearl jam fan est. 1990. It just surprises me that some pearl jam fans act like that. Whats the point ? We all like the same band... right? I guess what I am trying to say is SORRY FOR ASKING A QUESTION!!! and yes I did just sign up not to long ago, but have been a Pearl jam fan forever. Do you think Eddie would have answered with that kind of reply? Cheesy question but, hopefully you get my point. And no I'm not 14 Solat319. I'm not necessarily mad about that. But how could you even come to that conclusion? I don't wish to piss anybody off, but I thought this would be a place to ask those types of questions . Obviously I was wrong. And some Pearl jam fans are still those type of people who wish to criticize and belittle others. Although, the PJ fans that I know would never be that way. And thank you Sincerely DriftEd and Kevinman.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    OP, please excuse some of the immature, sarcastic, drunken, holier than thou, elitists on this board. Try not to take it so personal, it's a saturday night & they're just playing. Most people here are pretty cool 8-) so enjoy the site ;) .
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • JossBreatheJossBreathe Posts: 57
    cdp1223 said sarcasm was what kept her from acting like this guy........ hahahahaha. Scary thought!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtI9Ey_i ... re=related

Breakingdown: You seem like a cool guy. Let this video be what not to be like..... :lol:
    "Underneath this smile lies everything,...
    All my hopes, anger, pride, and shame,..."
  • However, Some wish to belittle me for just asking a simple question. And that would be directed toward you pearl jam fan est. 1990.

Pearl Jam fan est 1990 was being NICE to you. He was giving you tips on how to navigate the forum, and he answered your questions respectfully. And you have a problem with that? Go back into hiding then.

The least you could do is show your appreciation to the right people.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    yey for PJ Fan est. 1990 for stepping up. good job.

......i mean it. no BS
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    I would love Cameron to play full time in Soundgarden. Get PJ a drummer to better fir their sound and style. Its no coincidence that the 4 worst PJ albums have all featured Cameron on the drums.
  • PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    However, Some wish to belittle me for just asking a simple question. And that would be directed toward you pearl jam fan est. 1990.

Pearl Jam fan est 1990 was being NICE to you. He was giving you tips on how to navigate the forum, and he answered your questions respectfully. And you have a problem with that? Go back into hiding then.

The least you could do is show your appreciation to the right people.

Thanks JS and blondie...appreciate the support...

breaking...i was trying to be helpful, sorry if it didn't come off as so...that's the problem with the internet, it's tough to get context and tone sometimes...you'll find that more often than not, each member of this board has a profound respect for one another and i didn't mean to show you differently by showing any disrespect for you, again if it came off as so, i'm sorry...

however, with the people and respect on this board, there are guidelines that need to be respected as well, as a new member, it is understandable how you've made the mistake, and believe me, i and many others on this board have made many mistakes, even those who have been members of this board for years. If you look at the top of the forum, you'll see a thread with a black emblem entitled "***Posting Guidelines***", it will be helpful to you to read that and in the case pertaining to this thread, read #6...

This forum is the kind of place where you can ask questions and we welcome them with open minds...granted there are some assholes but keep in mine they are only **SOME** and don't let the few out weigh the many.

again i apologize for offending you before, but i promise you, i was trying to be helpful

P.S. probably the reason so many people have given you a hard time, is because at the time you started this thread, there were already a gazillion bajillion threads of other people not following the guidelines and posting the same topic over and over, so sorry you ended up getting the brunt of it...

oh and a little tip, if you are too lazy to do research, start a thread with a disclaimer "sorry if this has already been posted but...[insert topic here]"
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    No need to apologize PJ fan 1990. It is obvious you were being a nice guy and your post was totally respectful.

Was surprised when I saw that anger towards you.
  • PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    Wilds wrote:
    No need to apologize PJ fan 1990. It is obvious you were being a nice guy and your post was totally respectful.

Was surprised when I saw that anger towards you.

well i wasn't apologizing for the contents of the post, but my failure to ensure that the context of the post can be easily read by everybody as respectful.

i tend to apologize for things i do that disrespect people, even when i don't see the disrespect in my actions. i hate offending people especially when i had no intention of it, so if someone interprets my actions as offensive and disrespectful when i didn't think i was being that way at all, i apologize...just the kind of person i am i guess...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,724
    Man, its kind of embarrassing that some of you are PJ fans, not everyone has the time to sit on a fucking message board and talk about Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

Note to self: This is why I stay away from The Porch.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    Does anybody know when the Spectrum shows will be available? I can't find them in the goods section.

out of stock

you gotta be faster than that, to get what you really need

You ripped my face off!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man, its kind of embarrassing that some of you are PJ fans, not everyone has the time to sit on a fucking message board and talk about Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

Note to self: This is why I stay away from The Porch.
    yea what he said

TM248419 wrote:
    I would love Cameron to play full time in Soundgarden. Get PJ a drummer to better fir their sound and style. Its no coincidence that the 4 worst PJ albums have all featured Cameron on the drums.
    that won't ever happen now that pj and sg share the same headquarters. Matt cameron is an amazing drummer who isn't used to the best of his abilities in pj . His work in soundgarden shits on anything he's done in pearl jam.

The last 4 albums are great and I love the way the band is going. You can't possibly want them to make the same album over and over.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I heard a rumor somewhere that PJ will add Jack Irons to fill in for Matt while he's playing with Soundgarden. Let's all hope this is true.

Nah, I love him on No Code but Matt's a better drummer on stage. Unless Dave A comes back (one can always dream) I hope Matt stays in Pearl Jam.
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • GlassGhostGlassGhost Posts: 29
    TM248419 wrote:

I don't like to be judgmental of other PJ fans... but if you seriously think everything PJ has done since 2000 has been the worst of their career, then you may not actually BE a PJ fan... in which case, why are you here? I know someone else who would agree with you though; he's the overly-macho, peaked-in-high-school kind of guy who doesn't understand why PJ wouldn't want to make 5 consecutive Vs albums...
    Binaural, Riot Act, the avocado album, and Backspacer all fucking kick ass, and Matt's contributions to PJ's sound has been amazing.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    GlassGhost wrote:
    TM248419 wrote:

I don't like to be judgmental of other PJ fans... but if you seriously think everything PJ has done since 2000 has been the worst of their career, then you may not actually BE a PJ fan... in which case, why are you here? I know someone else who would agree with you though; he's the overly-macho, peaked-in-high-school kind of guy who doesn't understand why PJ wouldn't want to make 5 consecutive Vs albums...
    Binaural, Riot Act, the avocado album, and Backspacer all fucking kick ass, and Matt's contributions to PJ's sound has been amazing.
    the "worst of their career" doesnt mean that much when you consider how high they started off... it was all up and up til no code / yield and has steadily gotten worse since IMO... granted, there are a handful of gems amongst the later albums... but i dont see how some people praise S/T and backspacer the way they do

people always say "you just want them to release vs. over and over", but honestly the past 2 albums sound like PJ is trying to make a vs.-like album and coming up short... atleast riot act sounded like an album that 40 y.o. dudes would make... it made sense in the progression from yield > binaural > riot act... i just wanna see PJ age gracefully :D

dont think it has anything to do with any matt shortcomings... the guys a GOD... though i think jack was probably a bigger influence in the studio when it came to the vibe of some fan favorites
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/