Options

Lets start a movement for McCready/Gossard SIGNATURE GUITAR

vesurivesuri Posts: 12
Hi

As I stated in the topic, Isn't it about time these guys got some signature guitars out?!

Please correct me if I'm wrong and don't have all the latest information, but at least I'm not aware of any special edition or dedicated models for these GREAT GUITAR PLAYERS!

I mean, even this guy from Staind (who, what?) has signature acoustic model from Gibson.... ;)

Wake up and smell the coffee Fender, Martin, Taylor and Gibson! :D

I'd be first in line to get signature guitar with the specs from Mike or Stone...

Sorry if there's been threads already about this....

Regards

Jussi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Great idea. really is . Bump

now my joke. .. hope they make an air model that i can play . Woot !! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    I think I remember an interview whith Mike in some guitar magazine where this question came up, but for the life of me I can't remember what his answer was...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I think they missed the boat with the big brands they play, Fender and Gibson. Plus, there is virtually nothing that could be added to the guitar to broaden the appeal. They play their stuff stock and fancy cosmetics arent really their style.

Maybe once they get inducted into the HoF they'll get Gibson and Fender to make reproductions of their classic axes.
  • Options
    I'd buy one of each! :-)

Mike McCready Strat

Stone Gossard Les Paul (Goldtop maybe?)
    1991-11-30 St. Paul, MN 1992-08-28 St. Paul, MN 1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN 2000-10-08 East Troy, WI 2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-27 St. Paul, MN 2006-07-07 San Diego, CA 2007-08-05 Chicago, IL 2008-06-24 New York, NY 2009-08-23 Chicago, IL 2009-08-24 Chicago, IL 2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis, MN 2011-09-03 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2011-09-04 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2013-07-19 Wrigley Chicago, IL 2014-10-19 St. Paul, MN
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    I think I remember an interview whith Mike in some guitar magazine where this question came up, but for the life of me I can't remember what his answer was...

woops...what Dewie said
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I'd buy one of each! :-)

Mike McCready Strat

Stone Gossard Les Paul (Goldtop maybe?)

GuitarEnthusiast said it best

Gossard Goldtop would be A KILLER!!! Get me one immediately! Oh, there would so many options to go for...

Maybe a Fender Custom Shop replica Stratocaster. And 2nd, more affordable, Vintage series Stratocaster...

How about Vedder mahogany D-15 Martin acoustic and also Taylor e.g. 410 Stone Gossard edition ...

And also very limited run for selected dealers only - PJ doublecut semihollow air guitar :)

Regards

Jussi
  • Options
    What about Stone's pink strat? As for Eddie, I'm almost positive they'll do a tele with the p-90s and reflective tape sometime in the next 53997979 years. Mike's might as well be an SRV strat without the SRV marking
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    Although I completely and wholeheartedly agree with this thread, it is a pretty good point that their stuff isn't overly different, especially Stone. Mike has his '57 strat, but other than that he has 97 vintage guitars that are pretty much stock and lack any sort of McCready specific identity. Stone's the same way, yeah he has a ton of Les Paul's, but none of them would really be considered his "signature" guitar. As mentioned above, I think Ed's tele with the P90 would be the most marketable and identifiable guitar to reproduce (albeit he's by far the worst guitar player in the group...but hell, I'd buy one).

Another idea would be to just make a totally different guitar (rather than trying to clone their current guitars), built to their favorite specs, and just call it the "Mike McCready Edition"...similar to what Duesenberg did for the Mike Campbell guitar. They didn't just clone one of his axes, they made him a totally new one. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Their guitars are goo similar to the standard 'vintage' models. I certainly wouldn't buy it (though I already have a Sunburst/Rosewood american Strat, and my dad has the most gorgeous Les Paul I've ever seen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    savmansavman Posts: 230
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Although I completely and wholeheartedly agree with this thread, it is a pretty good point that their stuff isn't overly different, especially Stone. Mike has his '57 strat, but other than that he has 97 vintage guitars that are pretty much stock and lack any sort of McCready specific identity. Stone's the same way, yeah he has a ton of Les Paul's, but none of them would really be considered his "signature" guitar. As mentioned above, I think Ed's tele with the P90 would be the most marketable and identifiable guitar to reproduce (albeit he's by far the worst guitar player in the group...but hell, I'd buy one).

Another idea would be to just make a totally different guitar (rather than trying to clone their current guitars), built to their favorite specs, and just call it the "Mike McCready Edition"...similar to what Duesenberg did for the Mike Campbell guitar. They didn't just clone one of his axes, they made him a totally new one. Just a thought.

I thought Mike's was actually a '59.
    That would be the one i think they should do for him

And as already mentioned the Goldtop for stone.
  • Options
    savman wrote:

His two main strats are '59s. One with mapleboard and the rosewood one (which I think they should attempt, if any). I even contemplated getting a sunburst body and trying a (in all probablity VERY pathetic) attempt at replicating the wear on that guitar once, just for the fun of it...
  • Options
    savman wrote:

His two main strats are '59s. One with mapleboard and the rosewood one (which I think they should attempt, if any). I even contemplated getting a sunburst body and trying a (in all probablity VERY pathetic) attempt at replicating the wear on that guitar once, just for the fun of it...

Hi

This is getting better and better- we are close to goal and send the open letter to FENDER and GIBSON soon! :)

I agree with the ´59 specs, rosewood fingerboard, maybe tobacco sunburst (I'm not sure if Mike's strat is tobacco sunburst but it's so striking that could be an option...) and little bit worn off / aged! And some nice U shaped thick neck, or some bit more contemporary thick C as in John Mayer signature strat. I vote for U shape neck - it has to be vintage all the way!

And for the Stone Goldtop it's pretty much done deal already! :)

Have a nice day everybody!

Jussi
  • Options
    Both of his '59 strats are 3-tone sunburst if I'm not mistaken. And of course, if someone did a tribute version of this particular guitar, it'd have to be as close as possible. To me that pretty much goes without saying.
  • Options
    savman wrote:

Derfinitely '59, it was a typo.
  • Options
    savmansavman Posts: 230
    ;) hehe - I knew you knew, and were just testing us!
  • Options
    Good people! Ready to make it happen!

If you know the theory about six degrees of separation... someone probably knows somebody at G or F, so tip them off and let them do the magic! =)

Since I have very difficult situation in my personal life ( in the middle of chemotherapy), I truly would hope to see this product be born while I still roam!!!

All the best good people!

Jussi
  • Options
    JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    Fender Custom shop is most likely to make a hand full of 1 off copies...If you contact Fender they can tell you how to get this started, im sure they will only be able to copy the specs on Mikes 59 strat unless he turns it in for Fender to clone it. If someone starts the wheels in motion i would buy 1!
  • Options
    check out these up close pics of mike's famous 59!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=363987
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    JW42505 wrote:
    check out these up close pics of mike's famous 59!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=363987

very nice thx for the link...
  • Options
    no prob.

Im actually working with a great company that relics guitars to create a McCready 59 strat clone for myself.

taking real Fender parts and its going to look almost exactly like his. Cheaper than you think..
  • Options
    JW42505 wrote:
    no prob.

Im actually working with a great company that relics guitars to create a McCready 59 strat clone for myself.

taking real Fender parts and its going to look almost exactly like his. Cheaper than you think..

Wow - sounds really good!

I actually sent some email to G and F with a link to this thread but got no response from either.... Maybe they are already at the drawing board :)

All the best!

Jussi
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks..
    Post edited by JW42505 on
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Sounds like a fun project, but don't you want to use a nitro body? Don't the Am Std have a poly finish?
  • Options
    My mistake...using a nitro usa highway 1 strat body, it already has vintage saddles and is finished in nitro. The mayer neck is rosewood, vintage tuners and very close to a 59. They are even removing his sig on the back of the headstock..thank god.
  • Options
    Love this thread.

I agree with the poster who said they shouldn't try to clone one of their existing guitars, but should instead work with them to create their perfect guitar.

I mean, I am a huge Jimmy Eat World fan, but you can't tell me that Jim Adkins is as popular or as talented a guitar player as either Mike or Stone, and they did it for him:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.p ... 0262350538

If Fender is watching...I'd buy at least one of each, eventhough I am f*cking terrible! :)

On a completely different note, to the poster who is going through chemo: stay strong, my friend, and get better soon.
    "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • Options
    On a completely different note, to the poster who is going through chemo: stay strong, my friend, and get better soon.

Thanks brother.

All the best to you people! Keep on rocking!

Jussi (aka Vesuri)
  • Options
    I think they should be exact clones, and i think Fender should do a Ed Black sparkle tele relic with the target and arrow...bet that would be a big seller.
  • Options
    The mike 59 strat project is underway, will post pics soon showing the process.
  • Options
    That would be the quickest purchase I could make....I hope if it does happen I hope it would be one at a time
    (if not things could get out of control and could result in a divorce :lol: )

I can tell you I own two guitars.....A Black Fender American Tele...and a Les Paul Classic Goldtop......entirely influenced because of Ed and stone (strat on the way).....I am sure there are many more like me that have already purchased because of them....time to give us SIGNATURE MODELS!!!

BTW ..Love the idea for the ed sig tele complete with arrow!
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010