Investing Help

LG_PJLG_PJ Posts: 53
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey everybody I need some advice. I found the person i want to marry so I am trying to start saving money. I have some money in some stocks and some left over. I was hoping to find out some good stocks or any ideas on saving money and other things?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    send me $50 and i'll send you my stock tip of the day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    Best free advice you'll get, have her sign a pre-nup. That would help you save the most money. No thanks necessary 8-)
  • when u are going to 10 Europe shows but u still want NA tour for your friends be happy!! :wave:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    invest in china . there taken over the world . !!! ;)
  • when u are going to 10 Europe shows but u still want NA tour for your friends be happy!! :wave:
    You're the best D!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LG_PJLG_PJ Posts: 53
    well Thanks anyways
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ok ok...

when i'm looking for a new stock, i use the screener tool on my brokers website and try to drill down to companies that look good.

i like companies that pay a decent dividend, a good name, and a balance sheet that isn't over loaded with debt. that's more for the long term. one of my favorite picks here is PETS

for short term, i like when a company gets blasted for something or anouther. i bought into CTS after the toyota pedal debacle. they are down 16% on the year due to that mess, yet TM only made up 3% of their revenue.

if i see a company that looks interesting, i'll put on my watch list and keep an eye on it.

your results may vary.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Investing in stocks is not a good way to save up for a wedding/marriage.....especially if you're not confident in it.

The best way to save is to create a budget where you spend every $ of your money each month on paper...including a category for saving.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1 wrote:
    Investing in stocks is not a good way to save up for a wedding/marriage.....especially if you're not confident in it.

The best way to save is to create a budget where you spend every $ of your money each month on paper...including a category for saving.
    What took you so long???

Usually you are the FIRST, to post in these type of threads....hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    LG_PJ wrote:
    Hey everybody I need some advice. I found the person i want to marry so I am trying to start saving money. I have some money in some stocks and some left over. I was hoping to find out some good stocks or any ideas on saving money and other things?

Thanks

Marriage???....hahaha...you BETTER start $$$~SAVING~$$$ :lol::lol::lol:
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 wrote:

What took you so long???

Usually you are the FIRST, to post in these type of threads....hehehehe

;)

This board has become so dead that I only check it periodically when I have nothing else to do (or am stuck on a long conference call that doesn't involve me)!
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.