Pearl Jam on PayPerView 2010?

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Would be something pretty sweet to do. Pearl Jam will be playing many European festivals this June & July '10. Many of those festivals broadcast their complete sets on public television (commercial free). Many will broadcast a few live songs per festival. We don't get that kind of love here in North America.

It would be great to someday see a Pearl Jam live concert on Pay Per View. Watch a live Pearl Jam show in the comfort of our home or bar. Say a Friday, Saturday or Sunday show. Broadcast it live all around the world. Charge 30 to 40 bucks for say 3 hour's of live coverage.

What say's you? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetrios wrote:
    Would be something pretty sweet to do. Pearl Jam will be playing many European festivals this June & July '10. Many of those festivals broadcast their complete sets on public television (commercial free). Many will broadcast a few live songs per festival. We don't get that kind of love here in North America.

It would be great to someday see a Pearl Jam live concert on Pay Per View. Watch a live Pearl Jam show in the comfort of our home or bar. Say a Friday, Saturday or Sunday show. Broadcast it live all around the world. Charge 30 to 40 bucks for say 3 hour's of live coverage.

great idea...i prefer to be in the show..ill wave :D :wave: :wave:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509

Yes, but you can't make each & every show around the world Pearl Jam will be rocking at, can you?
    Just saying it would be great idea for 'those fan's' out there on the planet that can't make the show.
    It would be treat to see a live feed Pearl Jam show.
  • demetrios wrote:

Yes, but you can't make each & every show around the world Pearl Jam will be rocking at, can you?
    Just saying it would be great idea for 'those fan's' out there on the planet that can't make the show.
    It would be treat to see a live feed Pearl Jam show.
    thats im talking about..ill wave to the ones they will be watching the Europe festivals :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    demetrios wrote:

I thought of this a few times myself, I know I would be down for a few shows this way..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    t0mMye wrote:
    I thought of this a few times myself, I know I would be down for a few shows this way..

Same here! I wouldn't mind buying a few live Pearl Jam show's on PPV. Proshot footage, commerical free, live feed, unedited etc.. It would kick ass!

Though I mentioned year's back during The Who's '06-'07 tour releasing each show on CD+DVD Combo. Buy the CD or buy the DVD or buy the combo. They didn't take so long to release & ship out. Vedder probably has the complete collection!

"The Who embarked upon their 2006-2007 tour. Shows were released on CD and DVD as part of Encore Series 2006." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encore_Series_2006
  • That's a really good idea!
    Austin, TX
    Info has been sent to 10club yet again. Let's make this possible! :)
  • I bought a t shirt off ebay, and the dude sent me a bonus dvd of PJ at Reading in 2006. Pro shot from BBC 3. It's awesome!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I'm fine with boots but not crazy about the idea of PPV anything. Unless part of your PPV purchase included a hardcopy dvd/blu-ray version that you could keep after it was mailed to you.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    I'm fine with boots but not crazy about the idea of PPV anything. Unless part of your PPV purchase included a hardcopy dvd/blu-ray version that you could keep after it was mailed to you.

Not everything that get's broadcasted live on Pay Per View get's a DVD / Bluray copy. The beautiful of PPV is it's LIVE. Anything goes. Unedited & raw.

I would love again for Pearl Jam to do live webcast feeds like they did Lolla '07 & Reading '06 & HOB '03. Those were great. And I hope they do it again. But it would be a first for this rock band to host a live show feed to fan's all around the world @ home. Huge entertainment sporting event's go the way of Pay Per View. Woodstock '94 & Woodstock '99 were broadcasted live on PPV.

It would great to see the band try it once in their career. Hundreds of band's have done it in their career. Host a live Pay Per View event for the whole world to see. 2010 would be great to do.

If not, then come on HBO commercial free prime time! :P
  • I bought a t shirt off ebay, and the dude sent me a bonus dvd of PJ at Reading in 2006. Pro shot from BBC 3. It's awesome!

Ya, the headliners from Reading & Glastonbury are always on tv. Most of the set is shown.
    Plus, highlights of the days acts. Really look forward to watching them.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14