North Mississippis Allstars

Lovett-or-LeavettLovett-or-Leavett Posts: 174
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Anyone ever seen them live? I am going to see them in State College on Wednesday. Just wondering what I am in for?

Thanks,

C
Hey brother.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago probably 5 years ago. They put on a good show.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Great glad to hear. I was hoping it was worth the trip.

Chris
    Hey brother.
  • Lyle Pearce Lovett
  • Lyle Pearce Lovett

huh? I like him as well. My father always told me he was my illegitmate brother from his time in the air force in the 1950s in Texas. My brother and sister actually met him. Sadly, I don't believe my father's story is true.
    Hey brother.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Anyone ever seen them live? I am going to see them in State College on Wednesday. Just wondering what I am in for?

Thanks,

C

real good

saqw them open for the crowes a few times
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Fantastic live band, I became a big fan when Luther Dickinson (lead guitarist, vocalist for NMAS) was recruited to fill Marc Ford's vacancy with The Black Crowes a few years back. Their first wide release, Electric Blue Watermelon is a great place to start.
  • Fantastic live band, I became a big fan when Luther Dickinson (lead guitarist, vocalist for NMAS) was recruited to fill Marc Ford's vacancy with The Black Crowes a few years back. Their first wide release, Electric Blue Watermelon is a great place to start.

Thanks. I have a couple of the CDs. I thought their music would translate well live, but you never know.
    Hey brother.
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539

Thanks. I have a couple of the CDs. I thought their music would translate well live, but you never know.

Their live music doesn't translate well to CD is more like it. Seen 'em 5 times, but not in years. Get ready to get kicked in the ass by some dirty blues.
  • Deebs41 wrote:

Their live music doesn't translate well to CD is more like it. Seen 'em 5 times, but not in years. Get ready to get kicked in the ass by some dirty blues.

I am ready to get kicked in the ass, sounds like I am in for a treat!
    Hey brother.