Pearl Jam LP Q's

Lukin2Not4YouLukin2Not4You Posts: 94
edited February 2010 in The Porch
So a couple years back i was ready to pick up some sealed LP's (ebay) for what i thought were high but still fair prices...Binaural for around $80, Vs $25, No Code $40 type prices. So then the recession hits, business is slow for all and i put off the LP's. Now i have some disposable cash and thought i could get a few deals due to the tough economy. Checked out ebay today and the prices have gone up! :shock: 50, 100, 200%++! Does any one why the Pearl Jam LP's so recession proof?? Seems my plans are back on hold...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Vinyl in the past 3 years has become very popular amongst the yutes of da world. Growing up with digital sounds, then hearing the warm sound of vinyl convinced many to buy a turntable. Hence, increased demand. If you know how to bid on ebay and are in no rush, you can find good bargains. A Benny Hall just sold for $461, which is at the low end of recent sales. Just do your homework. There are also members here who, from time to time, sell their duplicates, triplicates, etc, etc.
    Good luck in your hunt.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    I can't believe how much vinyl prices have gone up recently. It would be kind of cool if I ever planned on selling my collection, but since I don't it's kind of a bummer. Records that I put off buying for $20 three years ago are now selling for $60-80 (I knew I should've bought the limited Last Kiss five years ago). It seems like the poster obsession has shifted toward vinyl collecting. I've always wondered why people don't just buy the albums when they first come out and are readily available for $25, instead of waiting for them to go OOP and skyrocket in price on eBay. My prediction is that, with the exception of certain limited runs, PJ LPs aren't going to increase in value as much as they have in the past due to the fact that EVERYONE now seems to have caught on. Just like what happened with posters.
  • i can't agree with you about it not increasing as much, i mean we are still neck deep in a recession. What happens when the twice as many collectors have cash to burn...
    i can't agree with you about it not increasing as much, i mean we are still neck deep in a recession. What happens when the twice as many collectors have cash to burn...

True. The older collectable stuff can certainly continue to rise in value after the recession, but as far as new releases (specifically albums), it seems like everyone will start picking them up when they are available and try selling them later, saturating the market and keeping those prices down. I don't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure the Backspacer LP has been available much longer than any of their other albums. I'd like to see the numbers on the amount of BS records sold compared to other albums. I guess we'll see what happens once it goes OOP.

Of course, we are 20 years into this venture, so why would anything change now? It's Sunday morning, I'm a little hung over, and I've had too much coffee. Please don't take anything I say too seriously...

Anyone know what time the U.S./Canada hockey game is on today?
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    KC2917 wrote:
    Anyone know what time the U.S./Canada hockey game is on today?

4:40 pm Pacific.
    Thanks. Now my day has some structure to it.
  • speaking of..i have 30 dollars that will go to a decent quality Vitalogy. Dont care about the artwork but it has to be able to be heard....a lot. pm me if anyone wants an easy 30 dollars.
    Vinyl in the past 3 years has become very popular amongst the yutes of da world. Growing up with digital sounds, then hearing the warm sound of vinyl convinced many to buy a turntable. Hence, increased demand. If you know how to bid on ebay and are in no rush, you can find good bargains. A Benny Hall just sold for $461, which is at the low end of recent sales. Just do your homework. There are also members here who, from time to time, sell their duplicates, triplicates, etc, etc.
    Good luck in your hunt.
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09