Canada vs. Usa - Men's Hockey

Comments

• RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    RoughMix wrote:
    Well Miller outplayed Brodeur.My biggest fear came true. How many early mistakes did Brodeur make handling the puck?
    Germany on Tuesday,and if we win a quarter final showdown with the rested, dreaded Russians.
    The gold medal just got a lot harder for Canada.
    Go Canada!

A lot harder but NOT impossible. I still believe we can pull this off...as crazy as it may seem :D

True.The question is Brodeur or Luongo.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."

• Basketball also invented by a Canadian ;) of course after that we pretty much sucked at it :lol:

Nothing like going to an NHL game :D
    Basketball is for Gang Bangers.....

hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i think that was one of the best empty net goals ever scored.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Congrates to the USA...we out played you by a country mile, but it was not enough. The problem isn't our players, the problem coaching, I watch his NHL team regularly outshoot their opponents by margins and loose, if you ask me it's him and his system, not always great goaltending he has so many people in Detroit believing.

A Stanley Cup and consecutive finals appearances will do that...
    Nice to see a Red Wing owned the game though- Brian Rafalski was outstanding tonight.

Yes but the last 2 seasons he got tremendous goaltending from Ozzy, but by the 7th game last season they were out of gas, and your talking about a team last season that had 4 solid lines. Guarantee you if Bowman was coaching they win last season. Bowman is at 80% responsible for those 4 cups, now that he's gone to Chicago and been consulting with them look at the drafts and players they have. Detroit has no up an coming superstars, they have some 3rd or 4th line players, but you won't win with those.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    That's ok - Ben Franklin invented hockey. Ok, I just made that up. It was actually bifocals.

USA!!!!!! We win the gold medal in any year that ends in 0. 1960, 1980, 2010...

Canada, hope to see you in the gold medal game!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    excuses excuses

You gonna blame the refs next :roll:

CHOKE CANADA CHOKE
    How the fuck have we choke, we played a great game we lost, everytime you loose doesn't mean you've choked.
    I was saying choke canada choke to combat the go canada go chants

This is your sport on your home ice infront of your fans and you aren't saying this is a choke, come on dude. I know were cownoy fans and all and where cool with each other but this was def a choke. This would be like america loosing to canada in basketball or football[/quote]

Ahh Metsfan you're just causing shit.Sitting at home laughing your ass off at who will take the bait(including me).
    Canada dominated this game and Miller saved the day for the U.S. simple as that.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • The NHL gives up 2 weeks of their season...The players dedicate themselves to the OLYMPICS....

And NBC pulls the game off their network...
    And puts it in MSNBC?????

Fucking Ridiculous!!!!

Real smart move.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902

I agree. The sickest empty netter I've ever seen.
    Brian
  • That's ok - Ben Franklin invented hockey. Ok, I just made that up. It was actually bifocals.

USA!!!!!! We win the gold medal in any year that ends in 0. 1960, 1980, 2010...

Canada, hope to see you in the gold medal game!

LOL bifocals-hockey they are almost the same thing. That was awesome!!

Hope to see you there too...only this time we WIN!!!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The NHL gives up 2 weeks of their season...The players dedicate themselves to the OLYMPICS....

Fucking Ridiculous!!!!

Real smart move.....

yeah, the same network that airs the nhl

they've got some serious idiots running that network

no wonder they're losing $200 million
  • RoughMix wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Well Miller outplayed Brodeur.My biggest fear came true. How many early mistakes did Brodeur make handling the puck?
    Germany on Tuesday,and if we win a quarter final showdown with the rested, dreaded Russians.
    Go Canada!

A lot harder but NOT impossible. I still believe we can pull this off...as crazy as it may seem :D

Luongo!!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    The NHL gives up 2 weeks of their season...The players dedicate themselves to the OLYMPICS....

Fucking Ridiculous!!!!

Real smart move.....

yeah speedy that is fucking ridiculous

of course if you said this to Gary Bettman and the knobs that run the US, they will somehow spin that as positive, in that, perhaps the rating on MSNBC grab more 17-34 young white males as compared to CNBC :roll:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    NCBRI wrote:

I agree. The sickest empty netter I've ever seen.

that goal was an appropriate capper, a unsure Canadian looking around for his protection, a hungry American seizing the opportunity
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    RoughMix wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Go Canada!

Luongo

Brodeur was out shined by Hiller and Miller

+ Marty embarassed himself in a big game, he is not solid right now
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • .[/quote]

Luongo

Brodeur was out shined by Hiller and Miller

+ Marty embarassed himself in a big game, he is not solid right now[/quote]

Agreed!!!! We need to get our mojo back.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes but the last 2 seasons he got tremendous goaltending from Ozzy, but by the 7th game last season they were out of gas, and your talking about a team last season that had 4 solid lines. Guarantee you if Bowman was coaching they win last season. Bowman is at 80% responsible for those 4 cups, now that he's gone to Chicago and been consulting with them look at the drafts and players they have. Detroit has no up an coming superstars, they have some 3rd or 4th line players, but you won't win with those.

Detroit never has up and coming superstars, that's the penalty for getting one of the last first round draft picks year after year.
    But they have strong scouting and pick players that everyone overlooks, that then become good.

Pavel Datsyuk- 171st overall pick
    Johan Franzen- 97th overall
    Tomas Holmstrom- 257th overall
    Henrik Zetterberg- 210th overall
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    I got the final score from the tv as my wallpaper on blackberry :):)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    I got the final score from the tv as my wallpaper on blackberry :):)

well la-di-da ;)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Detroit never has up and coming superstars, that's the penalty for getting one of the last first round draft picks year after year.
    But they have strong scouting and pick players that everyone overlooks, that then become good.

Pavel Datsyuk- 171st overall pick
    Johan Franzen- 97th overall
    Tomas Holmstrom- 257th overall
    Henrik Zetterberg- 210th overall
    They are all in their late 20's and early 30's and were discovered when Bowman was a part of the organization, Detroit has not uncovered any gems as of late. They also traded their picks away at the deadline is another reason why they no first round picks, ask Washington, they drafted Green with Detroits pick.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• great game! and bad news canada, USA has the youngest team in the olympics. You're going to be seeing these pain in the asses for a while.
    Miracle on ice almost 30 years to the day, I gotta feeling USA!
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    excuses excuses

You gonna blame the refs next :roll:

CHOKE CANADA CHOKE
    How the fuck have we choke, we played a great game we lost, everytime you loose doesn't mean you've choked.
    I was saying choke canada choke to combat the go canada go chants

This is your sport on your home ice infront of your fans and you aren't saying this is a choke, come on dude. I know were cownoy fans and all and where cool with each other but this was def a choke. This would be like america loosing to canada in basketball or football[/quote]
    If they had come out and played bad, then I agree it's a choke, we played well, our goaltending was not as solid as yours, I think Ron Wilson out coached Babcock, but a choke I'm not buying it.

You guys got the job done with great goaltending and timely scoring congrates for that. I don't believe for a minute that we can't get to the Gold Medal game, we have what should be an exhibition game against Germany, but you never know.

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    well..you guys always have....well.....i mean...on second thought you need this.
    great game! and bad news canada, USA has the youngest team in the olympics. You're going to be seeing these pain in the asses for a while.
    Yes you are right young team.

• [/quote]
    If they had come out and played bad, then I agree it's a choke, we played well, our goaltending was not as solid as yours, I think Ron Wilson out coached Babcock, but a choke I'm not buying it.

You guys got the job done with great goaltending and timely scoring congrates for that. I don't believe for a minute that we can't get to the Gold Medal game, we have what should be an exhibition game against Germany, but you never know.[/quote]

Disappointing on home ice for sure but it was not a choke. I also agree that we will get to the gold medal game :)

GO CANADA!!
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:
    They are all in their late 20's and early 30's and were discovered when Bowman was a part of the organization, Detroit has not uncovered any gems as of late. They also traded their picks away at the deadline is another reason why they no first round picks, ask Washington, they drafted Green with Detroits pick.

We'll see.
    All I'm saying is that you are blaming your loss on a guy that's been in the league six seasons and been to the Finals three of them and won a cup.
    He took Canada to gold medals in the world junior championships and the IIHF finals and he's got a 282-139-19-54 record in the NHL regular season and a playoff record of 59-30.
    Tonight your problem wasn't behind the bench, it was between the pipes.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Take THAT, ya dirty poutine eaters! I think it's time we make you guys our juniors in everything, even your own sports. :mrgreen:
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Congrates to the USA...we out played you by a country mile, but it was not enough. The problem isn't our players, the problem coaching, I watch his NHL team regularly outshoot their opponents by margins and loose, if you ask me it's him and his system, not always great goaltending he has so many people in Detroit believing.

A Stanley Cup and consecutive finals appearances will do that...
    Nice to see a Red Wing owned the game though- Brian Rafalski was outstanding tonight.

Ken Holland and company know what they're doing without the help of Bowman!

And wait until you meet Tomas Tatar :]
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

We'll see.
    All I'm saying is that you are blaming your loss on a guy that's been in the league six seasons and been to the Finals three of them and won a cup.
    He took Canada to gold medals in the world junior championships and the IIHF finals and he's got a 282-139-19-54 record in the NHL regular season and a playoff record of 59-30.
    Tonight your problem wasn't behind the bench, it was between the pipes.
    And he had the authority to pull Marty after that second goal which he should have, and instead of mixing up Sid's line all the time drop Thorton, he disappears every big game he plays. He's the one who make those decision's and as head coach he has to make those decisions.

great game! and bad news canada, USA has the youngest team in the olympics. You're going to be seeing these pain in the asses for a while.

Probably not for at least 4 years, but the next Olympics is very debatable, I would say 70-30 the NHL is not there in 2014, they would have to shut down for 2 1/2 weeks in 2014, don't see that happening. If the players want to continue participating in the Olympics they'll have to give up salaries and reduced schedule in Olympic years. Not so sure they are that selfless.

• VERY worried about Canada after this game and the Swiss game.

And Miller was a god tonight.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V