Seatwave

mrmojorisincamrmojorisinca Posts: 174
edited February 2010 in The Porch
anyone one here every use seatwave? just wondering if its smart to buy from them. or just wait until I'm in Europe and buy it then?
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just used Seatwave to get a a Dublin ticket. My fingers are crossed. I just received the ticket I'm hoping it's good. I used TicketLiquidator last October to get a ticket for the philly show and every thing turned out ok. What tickets are you looking for. Maybe someone on the site can help you.
    anyone one here every use seatwave? just wondering if its smart to buy from them. or just wait until I'm in Europe and buy it then?
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    I have both bought and sold on seatwave and found the service to be reliable and trustworthy.

Some of the tickets listed are shown as being "in hand" meaning the seller has given actual proof of the tickets to seatwave, which is worth going for if you can. Seatwave guarantees the tickets anyway by taking the sellers credit card details, so this is extra safety really.

The site can be quite expensive though as they take a margin from both the buyer and seller (approx 15% from each I think) - on top of any above face value price the seller wants.

Hope this helps!
  • Personally I wouldn't encourage anyone to by any tickets from them. If there's one thing that's sure to wind me up it's people profiting over tickets at the expense of genuine fans. It's capitalism gone wrong. Death to all touts, that's what I say.
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Well I'm certainly no tout. I have sold on seatwave a couple of times, both when I had a couple of tickets spare for genuine reasons.

How else are you going to get tickets for sold out shows - ebay? At least with seatwave there are some guarantees that you won't get completely stiffed if you want a ticket for that must see show.

This debate by the way also highlights how amazing 10c is in giving real fans the chance to get great tickets at face value.
  • thanks..
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca