Sleight of Hand should be played more often

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited February 2010 in The Porch
This song is so awesome. It's not played that much, only 38 times according to the band's website. This song is so awesome. I love it. Favorite off Binaural. It sounds awesome live. Please play this song more often Pearl Jam! Please!
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Couldn't agree more. In fact, more Binaural should be played period.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Maybe they'll shock us sometime and play that whole album straight through during one of their shows.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • When was the last time it was played?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I think the site said once last year in England.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Newch91 wrote:
    This song is so awesome. It's not played that much, only 38 times according to the band's website. This song is so awesome. I love it. Favorite off Binaural. It sounds awesome live. Please play this song more often Pearl Jam! Please!

Completely agree. The best song off Binaural IMO and severely underrated. Live is so much better than the studio.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • finally!!! someone else is making sense around here besides me!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

fuck yeah! more Binaural and more SOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • agreed.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Couldn't agree more, amazing album, probably the best album front to back except for maybe vs., and all the songs sound amazing live, I always liked rival but now I like it a billion times more since I heard it live the 1st night of the spectrum, SOH is definatly very underated as is of the girl, soon forget, rival, EVACUATION especialy, it seems like a ton of you hate it, and thin air... they should definatly play this album way more live!
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Couldn't agree more. In fact, more Binaural should be played period.
    finally!!! someone else is making sense around here besides me!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

fuck yeah! more Binaural and more SOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RiotZact wrote:
    Couldn't agree more, amazing album, probably the best album front to back except for maybe vs., and all the songs sound amazing live, I always liked rival but now I like it a billion times more since I heard it live the 1st night of the spectrum, SOH is definatly very underated as is of the girl, soon forget, rival, EVACUATION especialy, it seems like a ton of you hate it, and thin air... they should definatly play this album way more live!

yo i almost shit when they busted out Rival in Philly!!(plus we got parting ways with strings on night 3!) i'm still waiting to hear of the girl and thin air live....and gods dice....but SOH is the one i long to hear the most!
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    +38
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Love This Song, however, the few videos i've seen on youtube and the bena- version although very kewl don't seem to hold up to the Studio version, i think this might just be the the ONE SONG the PJ doesn't elevate when played live. How ever maybe thats just because they haven't played it live enough to learn how to elevate it. maybe? ofcourse having said this, i would love to see them play it live the next show i catch. :P
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Completely agree. The best song off Binaural IMO and severely underrated. Live is so much better than the studio.

Def. agree with the better live than on the album.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • KO282453 wrote:
    Love This Song, however, the few videos i've seen on youtube and the bena- version although very kewl don't seem to hold up to the Studio version, i think this might just be the the ONE SONG the PJ doesn't elevate when played live. How ever maybe thats just because they haven't played it live enough to learn how to elevate it. maybe? ofcourse having said this, i would love to see them play it live the next show i catch. :P

heh heh heh....i don't know if i have ever heard a live version where Ed doesn't fuck up the lyrics! :lol::lol:
  • KO282453 wrote:

heh heh heh....i don't know if i have ever heard a live version where Ed doesn't fuck up the lyrics! :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • great song love it :)
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Glad I got to see this live back at the Hartford '06 show.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Newch91 wrote:
    And something else too but I forget something wonderful from lost dogs tonight
    well really most of lost dogs
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    better this than Even Flow or Jeremy, altho great songs, i've heard them both an unhealthy amount 0f time.