Options

The movie singles

evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Really watching this movie for the first time,near the end when soundgarden is playing in that club that is the croc isnt it it sure looks like can any one confrim this
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Don't know. I was drunk on the phone trying to hook up with Linda. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

:rolleyes:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    :rolleyes:

:p
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336

THIS ISN'T A BATHROOM!!!
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    naaw man. this negative energy just makes me stronger. this band is unstoppable. This weekend, we rock Portland!
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,074

were you anywhere near her neighborhood.... and did you follow that x-man's guidance...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    "A compliment for us is a compliment for you..."
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    it's been a Singles experience the past few day's for me. total mind blowing. soundtrack sounds has been in my head at work/home/theatre/stores; can't get out of my head. watched the film a few nights ago via vhs tape style then last night on dvd. the 2 deleted scenes were pretty cool. i liked the french skit more. ;)

the track from the soundtrack that's been in my head like crazy style the past few day's is paul westerberg's waiting for somebody.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Hey, Cliff, while we're young.
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Supertrain was a shitty idea
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    bazzer wrote:
    Hey, Cliff, while we're young.

haha.

sorry Jeff, but that was the worst acting of all time.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Smellyman wrote:
    haha.

sorry Jeff, but that was the worst acting of all time.

But he sure looked damn good doing it!! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    i don't have the movie handy and i forget where their set was but the crocodile didn't exist in 1991 when the movie was made. i know that rckndy and i think the comet were used as locations though.
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Truthfully - I've never been able to figure out what club that phone closet was in LOL They all looked like that! My guess would be the RKCNDY or the Off Ramp.

Here's a cool link you may want to check out...Cameron Crowe's notes while making the movie. Interesting reading :)
    http://www.cameroncrowe.com/eyes_ears/articles/crowe_jrl_make_scene.html
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    wazzukickwazzukick Posts: 57

Steve Dunne...you oooold goat.
  • Options
    okay, dug the movie out of the drawer and checked out the live scenes and i'm pretty sure aic and soundgarden are both at rkcndy. it was big and had a balcony and from the crowd shots it looks like you can see the balcony. the wooden rail that they put their hands on to get stamped was rkcndy for sure 'inside right wrist' was uttered millions of times in seattle. i did read somewhere that the ok hotel was used for the music scenes, but it just wasn't big enough and the stage was more like a theatre stage with a proscenium, so it wasn't there- just the coffee shop was filmed there. oh, and we're still trying to get our fucking super train. so far no luck.
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    watching thy film right now!:)

here's hoping for a blu-ray release on this film!
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    the guy at circuit city said blu-ray is the way to go, i was like ok, ill get one, and then he showed me the price, no way jose, i'll wait to the prices go down
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    *dawn* wrote:
    Truthfully - I've never been able to figure out what club that phone closet was in LOL They all looked like that! My guess would be the RKCNDY or the Off Ramp.

Here's a cool link you may want to check out...Cameron Crowe's notes while making the movie. Interesting reading :)
    http://www.cameroncrowe.com/eyes_ears/articles/crowe_jrl_make_scene.html

I'm sure it's not the Off Ramp, I've been there and I don' think it's the RKCNDY either. I seem to remember it being at The Vogue but could be remember, it's long since closed now though and was where the Mother Love Bone writing on the wall was, I believe.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    wazzukick wrote:
    Steve Dunne...you oooold goat.

"dude you must be there! *picks up pregnancy test*...of course you may be busy"

LMAO
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    demetrios wrote:
    it's been a Singles experience the past few day's for me. total mind blowing. soundtrack sounds has been in my head at work/home/theatre/stores; can't get out of my head. watched the film a few nights ago via vhs tape style then last night on dvd. the 2 deleted scenes were pretty cool. i liked the french skit more. ;)

the track from the soundtrack that's been in my head like crazy style the past few day's is paul westerberg's waiting for somebody.

yeah that is indeed a catchy song.

i love seasons by chris cornell...i was hoping he'd play it when i saw him solo..but no go :( he made up for it with Hunger Strike, Call Me A Dog, and Sunshower from 'Great Expectations' soundtrack.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    I'm sure it's not the Off Ramp, I've been there and I don' think it's the RKCNDY either. I seem to remember it being at The Vogue but could be remember, it's long since closed now though and was where the Mother Love Bone writing on the wall was, I believe.

my closet is bigger than the vogue so it is not there. if you go back and look you can see that it looks like the same place for both performances with a little set dressing changed but you can see the balcony. the only other place with a balcony is moe and that is also too small. they did use the vogue wall in the movie though.
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    my closet is bigger than the vogue so it is not there. if you go back and look you can see that it looks like the same place for both performances with a little set dressing changed but you can see the balcony. the only other place with a balcony is moe and that is also too small. they did use the vogue wall in the movie though.

Yah, I'm sure it's not the vogue. That place was way to dark and small, and I didn't see any dancing poles in the movie. (Used to be an interesting place LOL)

The phone closet in the movie reminds me of the old phone closet at the Off Ramp near the two bathrooms...but I've never heard that they filmed anything there for Singles. I know they filmed at both the RKCNDY and Desoto - but I've never been to the latter. If you look in the link I posted earlier w/ Crowe's rambilngs, it says "4-28-91: We film Alice in Chains playing live at the underground club Desoto". Anyone been there?
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910

Well you guys in Seattle would know way more than me, I've never seen the Vogue just thought it rung a bell with Singles but obviously not, must've just been the Love Bone wall writing. Someone must know the answer to this surely.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    The outside shots were shot at The Vogue, and the inside was RKCNDY. Click the link and it's towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.fivehorizons.com/feature/seattle/index.shtml
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    the guy at circuit city said blu-ray is the way to go, i was like ok, ill get one, and then he showed me the price, no way jose, i'll wait to the prices go down

the films on blu-ray are getting down to dvd prices these day's (well the tuesday sale). the cheapest blu-ray player on the market, is a ps3. a killer gaming system & great blu-ray player all in one.

i'm hoping for the next pearl jam video release hits blu-ray. even the old releases would be sweet! :)