Pregnant women and dogs

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My girlfriend is about five months pregnant, and my dog has started acting really weird.
My dog is a yellow lab and about four years old. She seems to have gotten really protective around my gf. She follows her around everywhere, and has started barking when anyone comes in the house (she has never barked before).
Anyone have anything similar, or is my dog just crazy?
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    phewww... i have to admit i was 50/50 on clicking on this thread title... i can't imagine how i would explain it to my work if they checked my internet history.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I had a friend who had a similar reaction with her dog. The dog did the same thing- very protective. Even after she had the baby- the dog kinda watches over her and the baby.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    vduboise wrote:
    I had a friend who had a similar reaction with her dog. The dog did the same thing- very protective. Even after she had the baby- the dog kinda watches over her and the baby.

yep. Labs are really protective anyway. My Labs ( black ) are really protective over any woman or child that comes into my house. When the ex wife was preggers, they started really getting that way, she lost the baby, but stayed that way over her for a long time after. They know what is up for sure.

so no, your dog is not crazy, it's just doing it's job.

give her a hug for being a good dog. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    the wolf wrote:

give her a hug for being a good dog. ;)

Hahah- she gets plenty of those. That's why we are kind of apprehensive what to do once the baby comes, and all the attention isn't on her anymore...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."