How I Met Your Mother

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else a fan of this show? :)
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah, we watch it, very good show.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I've watched it a few times, always makes me laugh. But it's the kind of programme that I have to switch off when hubby comes in the room. :roll:
  • im awesome..!!!! :lol::lol: love it!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Yeah, we watch it, very good show.
    It is, it's really well written :)
    Claireack wrote:
    I've watched it a few times, always makes me laugh. But it's the kind of programme that I have to switch off when hubby comes in the room. :roll:
    Oh no! Why?

Dave got me into it a few months ago... I just love Barney :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    He's just doesn't like anything that's not real :roll: Give him a documentary, or stand up comedian and he loves it but try and get him to sit and watch something with a story and he just can't hack it. He's actually ok with films though which is a relief :D
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! :lol: Although I don't get to watch it as often as I'd like. And yes, Barney cracks me up!

• Dave got me into it a few months ago... I just love Barney :D

Jam wants to be Barney :roll:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! :lol: Although I don't get to watch it as often as I'd like. And yes, Barney cracks me up!

I didn't realise it was shown in Australia! :mrgreen:

We get it every week night at 7:30 on E4 (old series) and then again on a Thursday at 9:00 (new series)

:lol::lol::lol:

I bet he does! ;)

I'm sure Dave would also like to be Barney, but he just reminds me of Marshall soooooooooo much! :mrgreen::lol:

everyone wants to be Barney :roll: :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

everyone wants to be Barney :roll: :roll:
    It's because Barney is the coolest... and he gets all the girls 8-)

• It's because Barney is the coolest... and he gets all the girls 8-)
    mmmmmmmm.............true :lol:
  • I actually enjoy the hell out of this one, Big Bang Theory and especially Two and a Half Men. CBS got it going on Monday night. It has been years and years since I've actually like three shows at the same time. Give me TV Land and I'm set, but these are good shows
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Hilarious show. Barney is hilarious.

The weird part is that the whole show is based on Ted finding his wife, yet Ted is probably my least favorite character.
  • I actually enjoy the hell out of this one, Big Bang Theory and especially Two and a Half Men. CBS got it going on Monday night. It has been years and years since I've actually like three shows at the same time. Give me TV Land and I'm set, but these are good shows

Monday night is a TV night for me - I watch all these shows too
  • peacegirl wrote:
    I actually enjoy the hell out of this one, Big Bang Theory and especially Two and a Half Men. CBS got it going on Monday night. It has been years and years since I've actually like three shows at the same time. Give me TV Land and I'm set, but these are good shows

Monday night is a TV night for me - I watch all these shows too
    Well you'll have to join me one evening
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Probably my most favorite sitcom ever. Loved it since season one, and it's the only show on TV that I watch religiously.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • man, I guess i'm alone on this one, but I CANT STAND Barney!
    That thing that he does... the "wait for it (pause)..." then something stupid.

I guess i just cant stand him though because I cant see how the other folks could be friends with him. He stabs his friends in the back all the time. I'd ditch his sorry ass in a second if he did half the stuff to me. lame character in my opinion.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Haha, yeah Barney's an ass, but he's one of those shit-disturbing characters that everyone loves on TV. Of course he's way too obnoxious to give him the time of day in real life. But Neil Patrick Harris rocks my socks! Especially when singing. He should simply always be singing. :D
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • I didn't realise it was shown in Australia! :mrgreen:

oh we have nothing here, it's all from there ;)

i do love this show.. i have an awesome gland, would suit up if of the male species, and really want to know who the mother is for gods sake already

last ep that aired here was when mustache Marshall and lesbian Robin appear :lol:
    wah
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! :lol: Although I don't get to watch it as often as I'd like. And yes, Barney cracks me up!

I didn't realise it was shown in Australia! :mrgreen:

We get it every week night at 7:30 on E4 (old series) and then again on a Thursday at 9:00 (new series)

Yep surely is!!!
  • ONCE AGAIN..WAIT FOR IT....IM AWESOME!!!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    ONCE AGAIN..WAIT FOR IT....IM AWESOME!!!!

You read my mind D!

This show is AWESOME!!

Marshall is so sexy in his nightshirt!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah it took me a while to warm up to this show but it's pretty funny

pharma-girls :lol::lol:

carrie underwood wasn't bad...also she easy on the eyes ;) :thumbup:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    funny pearl jam - jeremy reference on tonights show.
    I miss igotid88
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Haha, yeah Barney's an ass, but he's one of those shit-disturbing characters that everyone loves on TV. Of course he's way too obnoxious to give him the time of day in real life. But Neil Patrick Harris rocks my socks! Especially when singing. He should simply always be singing. :D

i heard him singing on GLEE and just thought holyfuckballs!! doogie can sing. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Haha, yeah Barney's an ass, but he's one of those shit-disturbing characters that everyone loves on TV. Of course he's way too obnoxious to give him the time of day in real life. But Neil Patrick Harris rocks my socks! Especially when singing. He should simply always be singing. :D

i heard him singing on GLEE and just thought holyfuckballs!! doogie can sing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I feel like we seem to have a lot in common! :D Although not Glee, I'm afraid. I'm too much of a "hard-core" theatre nerd to really get into it. BUT, consider this an official plug for Joss Whedon's "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" if you want more of my weird web shit...it's a 45-minute musical web series starring Mr. Doogie Howser himself. :D It's on YouTube, iTunes and you can buy the DVD on amazon. If you haven't seen it, you MUST. You will appreciate it...because I don't think anyone could possibly resist!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I feel like we seem to have a lot in common! Although not Glee, I'm afraid. I'm too much of a "hard-core" theatre nerd to really get into it. BUT, consider this an official plug for Joss Whedon's "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" if you want more of my weird web shit...it's a 45-minute musical web series starring Mr. Doogie Howser himself. It's on YouTube, iTunes and you can buy the DVD on amazon. If you haven't seen it, you MUST. You will appreciate it...because I don't think anyone could possibly resist!

well im not that into musical theatre.. but i did see WICKED recently. i wasnt sure going in cause id not read the book( but have since read the sequel) and cause wizard of oz is my fave film. BUT i thought it was just fabulous. i regret not seeing it sooner in its run cause as soon as it finished i wanted to see it again. im not ashamed to say that i was reduced to tears more than once but most notably at the end of the first act during elphabas climax of defying gravity.

oh i love joss whedon. toy story and buffy the vampire slayer. :thumbup:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I feel like we seem to have a lot in common! Although not Glee, I'm afraid. I'm too much of a "hard-core" theatre nerd to really get into it. BUT, consider this an official plug for Joss Whedon's "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" if you want more of my weird web shit...it's a 45-minute musical web series starring Mr. Doogie Howser himself. It's on YouTube, iTunes and you can buy the DVD on amazon. If you haven't seen it, you MUST. You will appreciate it...because I don't think anyone could possibly resist!

well im not that into musical theatre.. but i did see WICKED recently. i wasnt sure going in cause id not read the book( but have since read the sequel) and cause wizard of oz is my fave film. BUT i thought it was just fabulous. i regret not seeing it sooner in its run cause as soon as it finished i wanted to see it again. im not ashamed to say that i was reduced to tears more than once but most notably at the end of the first act during elphabas climax of defying gravity.

oh i love joss whedon. toy story and buffy the vampire slayer. :thumbup:

Wicked's fantastic! I think RENT is still my all-time favourite musical. I got the chance to see a Toronto production back in '98 and then two different Broadway casts in NYC. But now I have the DVD of the show filmed live and pretend that the Rosario Dawson auto-tune movie never existed. :) YES to Toy Story and Buffy/Angel, haha. I think Firefly's my favourite of his TV series. Couldn't get into Dollhouse. Have you seen Dr. Horrible??

Sorry for hi-jacking. :?
  • like the pixies song in the end.. :mrgreen: