Options

Crocodile cafe in seattle closed

2»

Comments

• Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    not too mant places where ya can see pj at benaroya and hop in a cab after and go listen to mike watt
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    This truly sucks. Whenever we visit my wife and I would always make a stop at the Croc. My first time was in 1996 and as we sat and ate Mark Arm from Mudhoney came up and asked for one of our chairs. Fast forward 10 years and I'm watching Mudhoney play on the release date of their new album. Had a chance to talk to Steve Turner, saw Charles Peterson and that girl in the movie Hype! who worked for Sub Pop. Such a great spot. A huge loss for Seattle and the north west.
  • Options
    do we know when its going to close for sure? theres gotta be a great party goin on the last nite.lets see......
    pj playing with heart,mudhoney,supersuckers,c-average,hovercraft would be cool(but not likely).....but seattles bands gotta get together and blow the roof off. it would be great!
  • Options
    laudenum wrote:
    do we know when its going to close for sure? theres gotta be a great party goin on the last nite.lets see......
    pj playing with heart,mudhoney,supersuckers,c-average,hovercraft would be cool(but not likely).....but seattles bands gotta get together and blow the roof off. it would be great!

it's done. finished. closed for good. you'll have to have a goodbye party at your house. what time should we come over?
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Now that I'm finally here... :(
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    laudenum wrote:

U missed it man they just shut the doors unannounced and didnt tell anyone they had a benifit show called Help "Unscrew the Crocodile Employees" on Dec. 30 here is the linked to who was [url=therehttp://www.threeimaginarygirls.com/blogentry/2007dec/helpunscrewthecrocodileemployeesondec30]therehttp://www.threeimaginarygirls.com ... eesondec30[/url]
  • Options
    U missed it man they just shut the doors unannounced and didnt tell anyone they had a benifit show called Help "Unscrew the Crocodile Employees" on Dec. 30 here is the linked to who was [url=therehttp://www.threeimaginarygirls.com/blogentry/2007dec/helpunscrewthecrocodileemployeesondec30]therehttp://www.threeimaginarygirls.com ... eesondec30[/url]
    really,they missed out on a great chance to have bands play that played at the croc over the years.
    i'll always remember bieng in a stall taking a whizz,and ed opening the door
    before i zipped up,we both apologized,no harm done. then afterwards sitting and chatting for 30 min or so.
    he was sipping his tea and i was having this great tasting pale ale,i wish i knew the name of it.standing and talking to beth,who was kind enough to let a
    fan yak at her about what a cool band they were.
    anyway,lots of memories at the croc
  • Options
    OrangeBugOrangeBug Denver Posts: 182
    laudenum wrote:
    not too mant places where ya can see pj at benaroya and hop in a cab after and go listen to mike watt

Your right. I went there after Benaroya to see Mike Watt and ended up meeting my wife that night. The best day of my life. Hope it comes back to life (Mike? Ed?).
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I remember going to Seattle in 97' and eating breakfast at the Croc...I asked the girl which booth Stone fired Dave A in...and I got a "how the fuck would I know" reaction.

It's too bad that it's closed now.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Ouch. I was introduced to the Pixies at the Croc when a buddy dragged me to a Number 13 Baby show. I'm sad to hear that it has passed.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Awww...this is very sad to hear...I have some good memories at the Croc :(
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    That is sad news, I got to have breakfast there a few times when I was there in 98 but never got to see a band. I can't even imagine seeing mad season there.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    einatshaul wrote:
    Now that I'm finally here... :(
    Closed or not, you still need to show me where it stood.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110