MLB2k10 Soundtrack Tracklist released - Fixer

rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Today, 2ksports released their track list for the upcoming MLB2k10 game. They have not had too much success in previous years.. but this years track list really seems to be a step up from last year. With the addition of The Fixer... that is pretty awesome. What do you guys think of the track list.

http://2ksports.com/news/mlb2k10/380

* Black Crowes “Go Faster”
* Black Keys “Your Touch”
* Black Sheep “The Choice is Yours”
* Boss Martians “Hey Hey Yeah Yeah”
* Cage the Elephant “Judas”
* Daughtry “Every Time You Turn Around”
* Hotel St. George “It’s the Blues”
* Iggy Pop “Lust for Life”
* Jet “Start the Show”
* LCD Soundsystem “Time to Get Away”
* Pearl Jam “The Fixer”
* Phoenix “Lisztomania”
* Ryan Adams “Magick”
* Social Distortion “Bad Luck”
* Tantric “Down and Out”
* The Sugarhill Gang “Rappers Delight”

Note: I have no opinions on the actual game since they have not released all information yet.. like usual. It is released March 2nd, 2010.
2009: Philly Night 2
2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    2k does sports the worst.... no one enjoys them
    im pretty sure they're offering someone a million dollars to if they can pitch a perfect game.... theyre desperate for sales i guess
    too bad it wasn't the show... or even an ea game.... a game that people enjoy playing. putting the fixer on 2k is like trying to promote the fixer by playing it in the middle of nowhere.

sorry... hope it didn't seem like i was being a douche to you. i just hate 2k lol
  • You weren't being a douche at all. But I wasn't looking for an argument or distaste about the product. We all know that they dropped the ball last year(Why be angry about it; just don't buy their product). I had some fun times playing it...

But what I was looking for was some conversation about the track list.
  • edited February 2010
    Pearl jam and Social D....my favorite combo. That's cool.

And BTW...I've got a 10 year old kid here who gets these games every year. He doesn't seem to mind 2K sports... I've gotten him into Pearl Jam, his favorite band now, and he's starting to like Social Distortion, so he'll be happy about this news.
    Post edited by why now u dont bitching on
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • 2k does sports the worst.... no one enjoys them
    im pretty sure they're offering someone a million dollars to if they can pitch a perfect game.... theyre desperate for sales i guess
    too bad it wasn't the show... or even an ea game.... a game that people enjoy playing. putting the fixer on 2k is like trying to promote the fixer by playing it in the middle of nowhere.

sorry... hope it didn't seem like i was being a douche to you. i just hate 2k lol

well EA hasn't made a baseball game since they discontinued the Triple Play series back in like '03 or 04

and MLB The Show is only for Play Station.

so the only real authentic baseball game out there that is available for all gaming platforms is is the MLB2K platforms (when i say authentic i'm basically saying ones that don't exaggerated the game play, i.e. sluggfest a few years back and BIGS) not to mention when they discontinued the All Star Baseball series as well.

so to wrap it up, i feel it will help to promote the fixer effectively
    2k does sports the worst.... no one enjoys them

well EA hasn't made a baseball game since they discontinued the Triple Play series back in like '03 or 04

and MLB The Show is only for Play Station.

so the only real authentic baseball game out there that is available for all gaming platforms is is the MLB2K platforms (when i say authentic i'm basically saying ones that don't exaggerated the game play, i.e. sluggfest a few years back and BIGS) not to mention when they discontinued the All Star Baseball series as well.

so to wrap it up, i feel it will help to promote the fixer effectively

when i mentioned ea i was thinking about madden or nhl. i should have mentioned that.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,526
    Rental, yes! To buy, once it's sells for $19.99 on the PS3.
  • No offense to Pearl Jam, Social D or any of you.......

But The Black Sheep "The Choice is yours" is by far the greatest song in the last 10,000 years.
    No offense to Pearl Jam, Social D or any of you.......

But The Black Sheep "The Choice is yours" is by far the greatest song in the last 10,000 years.

i've never heard of this group before so after reading your post i figured id check them out... holy shit that is a sick song. im not sure if you were being sarcastic, but the song does kick ass lol
    im gonna check more of their songs out now. thanks for introducing me lol
  • No offense to Pearl Jam, Social D or any of you.......

i've never heard of this group before so after reading your post i figured id check them out... holy shit that is a sick song. im not sure if you were being sarcastic, but the song does kick ass lol
    im gonna check more of their songs out now. thanks for introducing me lol
    It just brings me back to high school.....
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I NEED to get me a PS3 because I heard the show is the best baseball game out there.
    That said, 2k might suck at baseball but NBA 2K KICKS THE SHIT OUT OF EASPORTS NBA live. Not even close.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Yeah I love baseball games but the 2K ones aren't as enjoyable as they should be. I almost wish I had a PS3 as well - I hate when companies buy exclusivity with sports; by having more sports titles, it makes developers try harder to create better games, like when the NFL 2K series actually performed better (not in sales, but in reviews) than the Madden games.

And EA Sports didn't end with Triple Play, it had the MVP Baseball series, and those games were great (a whole lot better than the 2K ones).

That soundtrack doesn't seem like it fits together well but it has some great songs - "Lust for Life" ftw.
  • tcaporale wrote:
    And EA Sports didn't end with Triple Play, it had the MVP Baseball series, and those games were great (a whole lot better than the 2K ones).

oh shit i forgot about that one...ok so there goes my argument lol...still i think the best MLB series was All Star Baseball...what was my favorite. realistic game play, easy, and stats were pretty accurate.
  • Yes.. MVP Baseball was by far the best baseball series. Once the Exclusive rights end in 2012(i think that is when it expires)... EA will be able to come back with an incredible baseball title. They haven't made a nextgen baseball title yet. It is bound to be terrific.

Anyway... Ryan Adams- Magick is a great song.. Ament named it in one of his top greatest songs in the list (rolling stone i think)
  • Now that I think of it... did 2k ask Jeff Ament to pick the Soundtrack?? It seems like this is what he would pick with the exception of a couple.. (daughtry??? wtf?)