I want another Jack Johnson/Eddie collaboration

PJamGrungeFanPJamGrungeFan Posts: 289
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Am I the only one who thinks this would be completely awesome? They need to get together much more often.

Ben Harper's voice is starting to annoy me :ugeek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't. I think Jack Johnson's for the turds, I mean birds. Yeah Ben Harper's gotta go away for a while too.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
    Thank God Ben Harper is opening for Pearl Jam other then Ted Leo & The Pharmacists. But yes, it's enough having these guy's opening for Pearl Jam. They had their moment's, it's time to let other band's shine as well.
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Sorry, I don't get Jack Johnson. Thumbs down for me on further collaborations.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Sorry, I don't get Jack Johnson. Thumbs down for me on further collaborations.

+1

His music is just really dull to me, bit of a one trick pony. At least Ben Harper mixes it up with different styles, from folk to raggae, rock to soul, he's a very talented guy.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    +2. I want to tackle Jack Johnson
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Have you heard the soundtrack for the movie A Broke Down Melody? Eddie and Jack are both a part of it, as well as people like Matt Costa, Kings of Convenience, and Johnny Osbourne. It's really great, check it out if you haven't heard it.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • I think everyone here has some valid points but you have to appreciate each artist for what they're trying to accomplish...so what if jj is a 'one trick pony'. that's the music that he's striving to make. IMO his en concert album is just an awesome listen. theres times when i want to rock and times i want to chill and jj's albums are perfect for just that. I think its just 'feel good' music. Not claiming that its anything brilliant musically or lyrically but it just makes me feel good - and i think if music makes anyone feel good than its serving its purpose. just my 2 cents. and p.s. while ben harper may have opened and supported PJ countless times, i dont know that I'll ever grow tired of him. he is a brilliant artist. peace
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I think everyone here has some valid points but you have to appreciate each artist for what they're trying to accomplish...so what if jj is a 'one trick pony'. that's the music that he's striving to make. IMO his en concert album is just an awesome listen. theres times when i want to rock and times i want to chill and jj's albums are perfect for just that. I think its just 'feel good' music. Not claiming that its anything brilliant musically or lyrically but it just makes me feel good - and i think if music makes anyone feel good than its serving its purpose. just my 2 cents. and p.s. while ben harper may have opened and supported PJ countless times, i dont know that I'll ever grow tired of him. he is a brilliant artist. peace

I agree with all of this...well put.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I can smoke a big fattie and enjoy jack johnson......and I can smoke a big fattie and enjoe PJ/EV.....so with that I wish both EV and JJ would collaborate on an album together. That would make me smoke a cheech and chong sized J.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    I've never been able to get into his stuff either. Same goes for Harper BTW, not saying they're bad musicians or anything, they just don't float my boat.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz

Great post. I agree with everything you said.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10