Options

Tix for Van Show on ebay already!!!!!

evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
edited February 2008 in The Porch
well to answer someones question they already got tickets on here. They say they got the first few rows. This is the shit that pisses me off here we got 1 and a half hours and this agencey already has tickets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Vancouver-April-2-Orch-1st-5-Rows_W0QQitemZ130198752600QQihZ003QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    mama mia! how's that possible?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    demetrios wrote:
    mama mia! how's that possible?

inside job (ticketmaster),...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    whoa i hope kat ,sea & tim look at this shit this will piss me off big time if it happens if/when they do other shows ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    some ticket agencies have contracts with venues where they get guaranteed tickets to every show, like a season pass you can buy for some venues, this is nothing new
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    $800 per ticket - that's robbery!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    This person might just be posting the listing in the hopes of getting good tickets. If he/she cannot, it's simple and free to delete the auction.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    This person might just be posting the listing in the hopes of getting good tickets. If he/she cannot, it's simple and free to delete the auction.

but if someone were to "buy it now" wouldnt they have to provide the tickets?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    but if someone were to "buy it now" wouldnt they have to provide the tickets?

You're right -- I didn't notice that. Still, though, he/she just might be expecting to either get them for face value or to get them through some other avenue for less than $400 each or whatever. It's not necessarily Ticketmaster being in cahoots or something.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I'm a very nice person and don't really hate anyone.

BUT I HATE PEOPLE THAT DO THIS SHIT.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    at least the Olsen twins can get tix if they get shut out during the 10C sale!
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    maybe you didn't read my post:

some ticket agencies have contracts with venues where they get guaranteed tickets to every show, like a season pass you can buy for some venues, this is nothing new

this is common practice and goes on at almost every venue
    i know a ticket broker here in NYC that have the same exact 2nd row seats for every single show at the beacon theater and it is not a connection to ticketmaster it is a connection to the venue, they always reserve some seats
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    schmoff wrote:
    maybe you didn't read my post:

this is common practice and goes on at almost every venue
    i know a ticket broker here in NYC that have the same exact 2nd row seats for every single show at the beacon theater and it is not a connection to ticketmaster it is a connection to the venue, they always reserve some seats

that's all well and good but it doesn't take away from the fact that the man is ripping people off royally