More fuel for the Philly boot fire

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited February 2010 in The Porch
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ten club, if you're reading this please make sure it's on blu ray!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
    soonerdead wrote:
    ten club, if you're reading this please make sure it's on blu ray!
  • The page is not responding. What did it say?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The page is not responding. What did it say?

Same, I can't get on twofeetthick at all.
  • Anybody care to enlighten us?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Man, I made a nice one this morning..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Thanks for the dead link and no information
  • Well I can get on now, in case anyone is still having problems viewing it here's what it says:
    Spectrum DVD/CD? Could the rumors of an audio/video release of the last night of Pearl Jam’s 4-show stint at the Wachovia Spectrum in October 2009 be true? The lovely Fleur from the Bugs Mailing List posted this juicy little tidbit of info, firmly in the “overheard” category but with merit nonetheless (the post was entitled “completely uncofirmed but in any event interesting”):

A friend who lives in Philly has told me that yesterday she heard on the radio that the PJ show from 31 October will be available as a CD/DVD!!

Now that particular night was indeed an epic show since it was the last ever at the Spectrum, though a compilation of all the other nights might be interesting as well. (You remember the band played there October 27, 28, 30 & 31). Just to give the October 31st rumor a little more merit, about three weeks after that last show, in the “fanviews” section of the official Pearl Jam Message Board, member Stupid Bunny posted this:

by and by the way, when i picked up my tickets for the Halloween show at the Spectrum, i saw a sign posted on the inside of the front doors stating that they were filming the show that night;(i wish i would have taken a picture of this posting for proof)…i also had a non-news camera in my face for a moment inside right before PJ played…i don’t know if any of this adds up to the rumours of a DVD release of the show, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed…

Fingers crossed, ears to ground, eyes open everyone!

Basically just the same recycled information
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    the "sign posted on the inside of the front doors stating that they were filming the show that night" was also there at MSG in 08 and that meant nothing.
    Still, considering the delay in releaseing the boots for those shows, it is to be expected.

I just hope that if they decide to release only the 31 on DVD/CD, they'll make the other shows available on the boot program.
  • I'm disappointed in TFT. There is absolutely no substance to that post whatsoever. "Someone I know heard someone on the radio say that..." blah blah blah. That's nonsense and drivel. $10 says the DJ read it on the PJ forum or something and regurgitated it. No substance.

And when will people realize that those "filming" signs are up all the friggin' time? I was at all 4 shows and did not see any of the signs, but I don't doubt they were there since I've seen them at plenty of shows over the years, including Pittsburgh. Anyone ever come across an official Pittsburgh concert DVD? Nah, didn't think so.

C'mon people, they film all the time. How do you think they pieced together footage for L2L?

No news here. Thanks TFT!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Radio DJ's know as much, or sometimes less, than we do here. As people already said, that info is useless. And I have seen those video postings at every show I have been to. They were even in Camden in 2008.
  • i am totally against blu ray cause there will be something that will replace it, sooner than later

its all a big game and i aint playin anymore
  • i am totally against blu ray cause there will be something that will replace it, sooner than later

I will only buy it if it's released on reel-to-reel. Just to stick it to the Man! Fuck the Man and his fancy video content media!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2

Yeah maybe they shouldn't release it at all since something will inevitably replace everything. Why put out a DVD is they will be obsolete in 10 years.
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Exactly...

would be more logic in saying "If this isn't on 8-Track I am walking!!!"
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!

Yeah maybe they shouldn't release it at all since something will inevitably replace everything. Why put out a DVD is they will be obsolete in 10 years.

exactly what i was thinking. i'm hoping for a super high fi beta vhs option.