Locked Up Abroad

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
Anyone else watch this show on the national geographic channel. I'm amazed at these stories and how easy it is to get people to do something stupid.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    My son watches this show. I hope he learns something from it or his ass will be locked up here in the good ol' US of A.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    PJPixie wrote:
    My son watches this show. I hope he learns something from it or his ass will be locked up here in the good ol' US of A.

We can all only hope that your son should grow up to become everything that is the great Ron Jeremy ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Yes I've watched this show. I'm amazed that people knowingly do these crimes then expect leniency. It's also unfortunate some people seemed duped into thinking its easy money with low to know risk. When you break the laws of another country be prepared for consequences.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • OK, so I haven't seen it and now you've all got me curious. What are some of the situations they've shown?

And yes, I can believe that people do stupid things for money and then don't understand why another country's laws would apply to them. There are plenty of people who think the laws of their own country don't apply to them! :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Ok...

I just watched my first episode of this show on youtube....

Ill watch a few more in the next week......

This show looks pretty damned good.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the black girl last night was just plain weird

good show though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    OK, so I haven't seen it and now you've all got me curious. What are some of the situations they've shown?

And yes, I can believe that people do stupid things for money and then don't understand why another country's laws would apply to them. There are plenty of people who think the laws of their own country don't apply to them! :roll:

most of them are people that are approached by scumbags that offer a "free vacation". In return the person needs to bring back a bag filled with drugs. All is good until they get caught. Sometimes they are interviewing the person from prison.

Kind of similar to The Claire Danes movie brokedown palace but this involves real people
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    OK, so I haven't seen it and now you've all got me curious. What are some of the situations they've shown?

most of them are people that are approached by scumbags that offer a "free vacation". In return the person needs to bring back a bag filled with drugs. All is good until they get caught. Sometimes they are interviewing the person from prison.

Kind of similar to The Claire Danes movie brokedown palace but this involves real people
    Where do you get to go? How do you sign up?
    Save room for dessert!
  • OK, so I haven't seen it and now you've all got me curious. What are some of the situations they've shown?

I took a look at the web site and got a little of an idea about it. I'll try to watch some episodes later.
    I saw that the next episode was going to be about a guy who winds up in a Mexican prison. :shock:
    I remembering hearing as a child (in the early 60s!) that the prisons in Mexico were BAD places. :crazy:
    Their reputation has only gotten worse. :thumbdown:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Ok...

I just watched my first episode of this show on youtube....

Ill watch a few more in the next week......

This show looks pretty damned good.......

sometimes they are pretty fucked up, I dig the show. It seems like it would be right up your alley. lol
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    New season started last week. Still the best show on TV
  • It's funny when these people realize that their government cant do anything for them when they get caught in a foreign country. They go over there all smug with the idea that " I'm an American and I can do whatever I want" and then the bars slam shut and they are in a shit hole prison waiting for the Gov't to break them out.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    This is a great, and terrifying, show. Last night I was enthralled. :shock: