It's Okay - Studio version Petition

cwcooper66cwcooper66 Posts: 6
edited February 2010 in The Porch
If you are like me, you would love to have a studio version of Pearl jam covering Dead Moon's "It's Okay". In my humble opinion, this song could be a huge success similar to the public response to "Last Kiss". What better way to make this happen than to create an online petition on Pearl Jam's own website.

PJ are you listening? Do we have a voice?

If this is something, you would like to see happen, reply to my post with the next number in line, your name and hometown. I'll start it off now!

1. Chris Cooper, Coatesville, PA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 2. Danette Cooper, Coatesville, PA
  • 3. Walter Burkhartsmeier - Portland, Oregon via Bainbridge Island, Washington
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Micheal Weston Miami F.L.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sam Axe Miami F.L.
  • 6. Jason Watson - Auburn Hills, MI
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    While I would like this, you need to calm down with the "we have a voice" BS. It's a little ridiculous.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • 7. Elliot Pike, North Shore City New Zealand
  • smithnic wrote:
    While I would like this, you need to calm down with the "we have a voice" BS. It's a little ridiculous.

I sort of like the live and spontaneous nature of how it all goes down. I feel like that is what makes live shows and boots so great...you might hear a song that you otherwise would not.

As far as commercial success(last kiss), who cares about commercial success? I personally dont like that song.

My vote is for keeping it live.
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    8. Mark - Altoona PA
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    never heard the full song or the original version, and I dont care to. what made the tag great is that Ed sang it from the heart. dont think it would be the same now.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    DriftEd wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

I sort of like the live and spontaneous nature of how it all goes down. I feel like that is what makes live shows and boots so great...you might hear a song that you otherwise would not.

As far as commercial success(last kiss), who cares about commercial success? I personally dont like that song.

+1
    I second that!!
    México 24/11/2011
  • Mr Rocko wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

+1
    I second that!!

Keep it live! I umteenth that!!
    Matt Bennett, Portland Oregon
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • While I truly appreciate and respect everyone's opinion, I think we have lost the point of a petition. If you like the idea, by all means sign the petition. If not, please just refuse to sign it. The opinions that are being expressed, while appreciated, are throwing off the signature count. The goal is to have the replies equal the total support for this idea. So please, if you are not interested in signing this petition, simply don't; no need for anything else.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    DriftEd wrote:
    smithnic wrote:

while a studio version may be interesting, i vote to keeping it live also.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Dale Doback, parts unknown.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • never heard the full song or the original version, and I dont care to. what made the tag great is that Ed sang it from the heart. dont think it would be the same now.

Couldn't agree more.

There is a cool edited version (with daughter removed and a sort of drum intro) from Jones Beach on Gremmie.net under "signature live" I believe.
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • musicman wrote:
    never heard the full song or the original version, and I dont care to. what made the tag great is that Ed sang it from the heart. dont think it would be the same now.

Couldn't agree more.

There is a cool edited version (with daughter removed and a sort of drum intro) from Jones Beach on Gremmie.net under "signature live" I believe.

Alright, so the drum intro that I remember isn't there, but it's still cool. :D
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    But you already have the best possible version right here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6xV0uAVpk
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Brian Knobbs, Nastyville
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • KevinR wrote:
    Brian Knobbs, Nastyville

Jerry Scaggs, Nastyville (next door to Brian).
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014