McDonald's Olympic Commercial

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just saw one saying that they were now serving the same McNugget sauce as their stores as they were serving in Olympic Village. Then it said, "You don't have to be an Olympian to eat like one."

Seriously- how many people out there think that there are many Olympians who make McDonald's food part of their regular diet? :lol:
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I actually posted this as part of my Facebook status last week.

Yeah it's so wrong on so many levels to insinuate that our Olympians are going out there hopped up on "chicken" nuggets.

As one of my friends put it "you mean I've been training for years?" :lol:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    milarso wrote:

Seriously- how many people out there think that there are many Olympians who make McDonald's food part of their regular diet? :lol:

Not sure... is softball still an olympic event? I'm pretty sure the regulations require that you eat a 20 piece meal during each game AND have a beer every inning.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    eyedclaar wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Not sure... is softball still an olympic event? I'm pretty sure the regulations require that you eat a 20 piece meal during each game AND have a beer every inning.

If that were true- my slow pitch team would be an automatic gold contender in the next summer games... The shit I've seen consumed while participating in an "athletic event" is unreal...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    milarso wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    milarso wrote:

If that were true- my slow pitch team would be an automatic gold contender in the next summer games... The shit I've seen consumed while participating in an "athletic event" is unreal...

Bowling needs to be an olympic event for sure. The same guys could also compete in a possible olympic hotdog eating contest. Double gold. Bam! Sometimes the best athletes hide in the most unassuming bodies...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bolt (the sprinter) said he ate nuggets before his olympic runs. this was on Top Gear monday night.

i can't confirm if it's true.

he also got a nice Mercedes from his sponsors which he promptly wrecked.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    My six year old asked me during the opening ceremonies 'why is McDonalds all over the place?' (talking about the arches logo). I told her it was because they paid a lot of money...
    She said 'that's stupid - the olympics are for healthy sports-people, McDonalds is for fat people!'
    Ok, so she has to work on being a lil more PC....But critical thinking about advertising at 6?...I was proud :)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    milarso wrote:
    Just saw one saying that they were now serving the same McNugget sauce as their stores as they were serving in Olympic Village. Then it said, "You don't have to be an Olympian to eat like one."

I saw a story on the US Men's curling team ... they walked into their dump of an apartment, they guys were lounging on the couse with McD's bags on the coffee table. :D

As for the bowling comment, it actually was a trial olympic event at one point. Seriously though, look at the dudes on ESPN some time, none of them are out of shape ... it's a grind to bowl 6 or 7 days a week 8 hours plus a day, which most of those guys do.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    My six year old asked me during the opening ceremonies 'why is McDonalds all over the place?' (talking about the arches logo). I told her it was because they paid a lot of money...
    She said 'that's stupid - the olympics are for healthy sports-people, McDonalds is for fat people!'
    Ok, so she has to work on being a lil more PC....But critical thinking about advertising at 6?...I was proud :)

clap-clap-clap

well done
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • There was this aussie dude who won gold 2 olympics ago in cycling.
    He confessed to eating lots of junk food (McDonalds included) and he still tore up the track.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    EDIT:
    Should read the whole thread first. Toughts beat me to it. Ryan Bailey was his name
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • That's his name! :D
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    "Maccas" = PUKE!... :lol:
  • Rarely touched junk food since coming back from Europe.
    Who needs that crap!