Kevin Smith vs. Southwest Airlines

2»

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Silent Bob is fatter than hell now and maybe this will act as a wake up call....but more likely, it's just waves made for his upcoming shitty movie..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • With Kevin's eccentricities and quirks he is still just a guy and human being with real problems like the rest of us. It blows my mind that because the man is rich he is supposed to be somehow different from the rest of us. He makes mistakes, enjoys many of the same things and lives life one day at a time like the rest of us. Obesity is a real health issue and it's more than physical. It's mental and emotional. For some it's a genetic issue and for some it's a lifestyle issue. Eating habits can equate to any other type of addiction. Nuff of my ranting though. I think southwest dropped the ball on how they handled it myself. :roll:
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Eating habits can equate to any other type of addiction.

Please, don't even go there...well, I guess you already did, but it still doesn't make it any less ridiculous..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Please, don't even go there...well, I guess you already did, but it still doesn't make it any less ridiculous..

I think the key word there was can. One definition of addiction is:

a. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or involved in something
  • toodeetoodee Posts: 89
    This sort of thing wouldn't happen in Canada, they made it illegal to force overweight people to buy a second seat in 2008 (or somewhere around that time) :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    toodee wrote:
    This sort of thing wouldn't happen in Canada, they made it illegal to force overweight people to buy a second seat in 2008 (or somewhere around that time) :D

and this relates to this story how? :?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    dunkman wrote:
    toodee wrote:

and this relates to this story how? :?

People with ties to Canada love vocalize how things are better there, or how negative things that happen in the US would never happen there. I think it's some kind of national inferiority complex. :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Canadian Airline Boots Passenger for Being “Too Smelly to Fly”
    February 17, 2010 | Posted in: Airlines, Customer Service, Flight Attendants, Passengers, Travel Safety

What a stink – first Southwest boots Hollywood’s Kevin Smith for being “too fat to fly” (without purchasing a second seat, anyway) – and now, Canada’s CBC News reports that a man was ejected from an Air Canada Jazz flight for being “too smelly to fly.”

Details are sketchy, as they say – but the incident occurred sometime earlier this month, just before take-off at Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) on a flight to Montreal.

We do know our friend with the bad odor was an American, and that he really exuded quite a stink because “efforts were made to isolate the man from other passengers” but apparently that wasn’t good enough – so, he got the boot.

The good news is the man apparently lost his stink overnight (or perhaps he took a shower), and was allowed to fly the next morning – which I suppose is the very definition of the “sweet smell of success”.

I wonder what flight attendants find more disagreeable – having to tell someone they’re too fat? Or too smelly?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    haffajappa wrote:
    Canadian Airline Boots Passenger for Being “Too Smelly to Fly”
    February 17, 2010 | Posted in: Airlines, Customer Service, Flight Attendants, Passengers, Travel Safety

What a stink – first Southwest boots Hollywood’s Kevin Smith for being “too fat to fly” (without purchasing a second seat, anyway) – and now, Canada’s CBC News reports that a man was ejected from an Air Canada Jazz flight for being “too smelly to fly.”

Details are sketchy, as they say – but the incident occurred sometime earlier this month, just before take-off at Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) on a flight to Montreal.

We do know our friend with the bad odor was an American, and that he really exuded quite a stink because “efforts were made to isolate the man from other passengers” but apparently that wasn’t good enough – so, he got the boot.

The good news is the man apparently lost his stink overnight (or perhaps he took a shower), and was allowed to fly the next morning – which I suppose is the very definition of the “sweet smell of success”.

I wonder what flight attendants find more disagreeable – having to tell someone they’re too fat? Or too smelly?

Wow I wonder if the same thing will happen if lays down a fart?

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    All I know is when I start my airline it's going to be fatty and baby free!
    :lol:

Just think of that! A flight with no disgusting fat slob sitting next to you or any babies crying anywhere...

And then I sit back and watch the money roll in. :D
  • The Champ wrote:

I think the key word there was can. One definition of addiction is:

a. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or involved in something

Exactly, not all cases of obesity and eating habits point to addiction but habituation is common.