Pre-show music

SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I'm sure this was covered before, BUT, anybody know the music that is played like when you're coming in to find your seat? It's usually played relatively at a low level. It's kind of relaxing and there's a woman that's kind of like whispering singing. I know this is a terrible description. I'd appreciate any info on this. Thanks a lot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I know exactly what you're talking about. It was a little bit scary to me but it was cool. I have no clue what song it is.
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • Never noticed any singing. Maybe Im thinking of a different intro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwwKFBeZr5Q
  • After reading your post more in depth Im sure I have NO idea what you're taking about, sorry.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    2010, the band needs to come out with this tune!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Never noticed any singing. Maybe Im thinking of a different intro?

god that was such a fucking perfect intro for release at msg 2 08

*chills*
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    It's not the intro music like Metamorphosis 2 or even the Rocky music in Philly last Oct. It's basically just background music after they open the doors and you come in to seat. It's played until the opening band, then after the opening band.
    No offense, but that Requiem song is sooooo overplayed.
  • demetrios wrote:

Its even better when you have something cool to watch... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ccm0TFHCFI
    demetrios wrote:

Ha. Nice.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    demetrios wrote:

The video related on the side, "Chamillionaire Kills Mike Jones , REAL FOOTAGE!"
    that can't be Mike Jones, can it? :shock:
  • Never noticed any singing. Maybe Im thinking of a different intro?

That takes me back...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Ok, this might be interesting but hear me out. Take Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" and slow it down to like 1/4 of the speed and less singing. It's just something it reminds me of.
  • i know that during their east coast tour in '08 that the in between music was sigur ros, its an icelandic band.....i couldnt tell you exactly what songs were playing, but i downloaded all their stuff after and cant stop listening to them.

download them, their stuff is in a lot of movie trailers and movies
  • It is not when the band comes out rather before when their crew is checking all the guitars and stuff.
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
    mg181907 wrote:
    i know that during their east coast tour in '08 that the in between music was sigur ros, its an icelandic band.....i couldnt tell you exactly what songs were playing, but i downloaded all their stuff after and cant stop listening to them.

download them, their stuff is in a lot of movie trailers and movies

I can't pinpoint any particular song yet, but yes, it's VERY similar to this. Thanks. I might pick up some of their stuff anyway. Thanks!
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    It is not when the band comes out rather before when their crew is checking all the guitars and stuff.

Yep. That's when it's played.
  • Ever since Lost Dogs came out I thought it would be cool if all the guys came out and played "Brother" as an opener and then Eddie came out towards then end and they segued into the next song. Like "Go" or "Corduroy". I personally like the instrumental version of "Brother" best.
  • GlenGlen Posts: 111
    In Aus they definitely used Sigur Rus and he can sound like a woman at times. The albums (), Sven G Englar and Agetis Bryjun (think thats all spelled right) are probably going to have what you are looking for.

The same band was also used in Vanilla Sky at the end when Tom Cruise jumps off the building. Having heard it at PJ in 08 I was madly tracking it down then and had several confirmations. Beautiful music and a great atmospheric gap filler at PJ concerts.

In 09 they used the Phillip Glass score which I though was okay but not as fitting.
    Im not supersticious, Im just a littlesticious.
    Glen wrote:
    In Aus they definitely used Sigur Rus and he can sound like a woman at times. The albums (), Sven G Englar and Agetis Bryjun (think thats all spelled right) are probably going to have what you are looking for.

The same band was also used in Vanilla Sky at the end when Tom Cruise jumps off the building. Having heard it at PJ in 08 I was madly tracking it down then and had several confirmations. Beautiful music and a great atmospheric gap filler at PJ concerts.

In 09 they used the Phillip Glass score which I though was okay but not as fitting.

Dude, thanks a lot. I'm definitely just going to buy these albums regardless. I think I even have the Vanilla Sky soundtrack too.
  • Sorry its off topic, but I was at a non-Pearl Jam show where for the pre show music played Vitalogy from the beginning. They played over half the album before the show started. It was cool! I can't remember what band was playing that night, but it was in the last 5 years and in the chicagoland area at an outdoor venue. Does anybody else remember being at such a show?
    Good evening...
    I think it might be "Fyrsta" off the ( ) album. Maybe....
  • GlenGlen Posts: 111
    Glad you found what your looking for mate. Also discovering Sigur Rus cant be a bad thing in anyones book. Since hearing them at a PJ show they are now up there as one of my favorites.
    Im not supersticious, Im just a littlesticious.
    Glen wrote:
    Glad you found what your looking for mate. Also discovering Sigur Rus cant be a bad thing in anyones book. Since hearing them at a PJ show they are now up there as one of my favorites.

Yeah dude. I just went out and bought "( )" used for $9 and a new copy of "Takk..." I'm enjoying them both already.