Any chance of GA pit seats coming back?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Not sure if PJ would have every show with a GA pit area, but if they tour and offer the pit, would you do it? The pros of course is youre right up close for an awesome experience. The cons: piss breaks, douches moshing into you, beer runs, no tailgating, etc. Quite the dilemna (I know, they haven't announced dates yet). :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited February 2010
    I guess we will see. Seems like they have gotten comfortable with the GA standing thing over the last couple years. I have a love/ hate relationship with GA standing room. It depends on the crowd behavior. The crowd at ACL was really well behaved I though: given the circumstances of people being drunk, high, tripping. People in my section behaved and I was on Jeff/ stone's side about 7 rows back. As the crowd kept thinning in certain spots I was able to move a little closer each time.

I was 4rth row at everclear a few weeks back, again fun, nice crowd just chilling to the music and jumping up and down singing along.

The douchebaggery is what ruins it, so as long as I don't have that kind of crap going on in my area I'm good.

Seats are fine too though. I prefer seats, but as of late GA has been a pretty awesome experience as well.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    that's what festivals are for. the old timers would have a huge bitch fest on here if pj ever went to GA in america. GA sucks in america cause of the drunken meatheads who push to the front and don't know "rules" of the pit.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    that's what festivals are for. the old timers would have a huge bitch fest on here if pj ever went to GA in america. GA sucks in america cause of the drunken meatheads who push to the front and don't know "rules" of the pit.

Ugh, let's hope they DON'T go back to GA. It's not 1992. And like metsfan said, America is full of assholes. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    i want GA back so much. its about time we get some energy up front for the us shows. for christ sakes, i thought there were corpses up front in chicago 09
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    nope nope nope!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    simpler than "nope nope nope":

NO. (<--- that's a period)
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I hope not, nothing worse then rude assholes trying to push their way in to spaces that dont exist.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    metsfan wrote:

Ugh, let's hope they DON'T go back to GA. It's not 1992. And like metsfan said, America is full of assholes. :)

There are assholes everywhere in the world.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    lets fucking hope not !!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    um ah no
  • I only like GA when it's a club or theater...a smaller venue. A very large crowd of people all trying to get as close as they can gets kinda uncomfortably annoying. GA is great for a hardcore show or something where you're *expected* to mosh and what nots and fighting your way to get closer is more acceptable...Pearl Jam really isn't like that so much.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Brisk. wrote:
    nope nope nope!
    he means regular GA like we have here, not seats Ed (yeah putting Seats and GA in the same sentence is confusing)