Backspacer Concert DL missing songs?

VIGVIG Posts: 18
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Sorry if this has been addressed, I did do a search. Had no problem downloading my 2 shows a while ago but I am now noticing a few missing songs from each show. Seems like maybe the cover songs aren't included? No big deal just wasn't sure if this was the norm or not. These are the shows:
6/25/08 MSG 2
9/22/05 Halifax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    edited February 2010
    Yes, the bonus downloads are butchered versions. Not worth getting.
  • The 10/3/05 Philly show download is also missing songs as well...
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    u got all the Pearl Jam songs . u did not get any cover tunes . copyright and lawyers . ;)
  • I'm still curious about the 10C Backspacer "bonus".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    I'm still curious about the 10C Backspacer "bonus".

no shit. i gave up months ago checking, actually. has anyone even tried lately to see if its there? i'm guessing not, seeing that i havent seen anyone mention it. kinda BS if you ask me that we haven't gotten this yet.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • NewJPage wrote:
    I'm still curious about the 10C Backspacer "bonus".

no shit. i gave up months ago checking, actually. has anyone even tried lately to see if its there? i'm guessing not, seeing that i havent seen anyone mention it. kinda BS if you ask me that we haven't gotten this yet.

I agree, I thought we were supposed to hear about the 10c Backspacer bonus bootlegs in October.
  • I'm guessing they could have included the missing songs if they wanted to pay royalties to the original artists. They chose not to. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong about that.

They also said the 10 Club members would get exclusive shows. They have chosen to sweep that under the rug and ignore it (as of now, months after release).

I had the leak of the album and really had no motivation or reason to pay $12 for it but I chose to do the right thing. God knows I was giving them enough money for the 4 Philly shows and posters and everything else I have bought from them over the years, not to mention my $20 membership dues, but I chose to do the right thing and pay for the cd, especially since they said we would get the exclusive shows.

I think I will say now that I fully intend to purchase the next CD rather than illegally download it but in reality, I will probably sweep that intention under the rug as well and keep my $12. The record industry is dying and in order to keep it afloat, they are going to have to come up with new ways to entice people to purchase. Lying to your fan club members and short changing people who purchased at Target are not the right way to do that.
  • teemanteeman Posts: 337
    I'm guessing they could have included the missing songs if they wanted to pay royalties to the original artists. They chose not to. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong about that.

They also said the 10 Club members would get exclusive shows. They have chosen to sweep that under the rug and ignore it (as of now, months after release).

I had the leak of the album and really had no motivation or reason to pay $12 for it but I chose to do the right thing. God knows I was giving them enough money for the 4 Philly shows and posters and everything else I have bought from them over the years, not to mention my $20 membership dues, but I chose to do the right thing and pay for the cd, especially since they said we would get the exclusive shows.

I think I will say now that I fully intend to purchase the next CD rather than illegally download it but in reality, I will probably sweep that intention under the rug as well and keep my $12. The record industry is dying and in order to keep it afloat, they are going to have to come up with new ways to entice people to purchase. Lying to your fan club members and short changing people who purchased at Target are not the right way to do that.

Concert tickets and everything else you have paid for over the years do not mean you are owed an album download illegally. That's like saying "I bought every album so far so that means I get to sneak into MSG for a concert" or more simply put "I buy milk twice a week at the grocery store so it's ok to steal a loaf of bread".

If you're so "in the know" about illegal downloads, why don't you just download whatever concert it is you're looking for?
  • knowcode10 wrote:
    I'm guessing they could have included the missing songs if they wanted to pay royalties to the original artists. They chose not to. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong about that.

Concert tickets and everything else you have paid for over the years do not mean you are owed an album download illegally. That's like saying "I bought every album so far so that means I get to sneak into MSG for a concert" or more simply put "I buy milk twice a week at the grocery store so it's ok to steal a loaf of bread".

If you're so "in the know" about illegal downloads, why don't you just download whatever concert it is you're looking for?

I would have to completely agree with you. I'm not sure where people on this board get some sense of entitlement for things. All I said was that I was curious where it was at. I would have bought the album regardless if I was promised free downloads anyway. Who knows, maybe it was something that 10C was given info about, and now plans changed from the band/management/Target/whoever and now 10C is the bad guy? I highly doubt they are the decision makers, just the messengers. We all know who gets shot first.

that being said, I've HEARD this isn't the first time things have been promised and not delivered, and that really shouldn't be happening, and if it does, someone addressing the members would be appropriate.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    knowcode10 wrote:

I would have to completely agree with you. I'm not sure where people on this board get some sense of entitlement for things. All I said was that I was curious where it was at. I would have bought the album regardless if I was promised free downloads anyway. Who knows, maybe it was something that 10C was given info about, and now plans changed from the band/management/Target/whoever and now 10C is the bad guy? I highly doubt they are the decision makers, just the messengers. We all know who gets shot first.

that being said, I've HEARD this isn't the first time things have been promised and not delivered, and that really shouldn't be happening, and if it does, someone addressing the members would be appropriate.

Totally agreed. And yes, we definitely are entitled to an explanation at the very least about those darn downloads. I actually forgot about them until this post!
  • knowcode10 wrote:

Let's not get our panties in a bunch sweetheart. That wasn't the root of what I was trying to get across. My point is...I support the band and give them my money and in return, they don't deliver on what they promised us. Where did I say I am "owed" a free album? I am owed shows from their vault because they promised that but nowehrre did I say I am owed a free album.

As for the "in the know" thing...you don't have to be dramatic about it. Everyone here knew the album was out there. I don't have any secret place for illegal downloads if that is what you are inferring.
  • Who knows, maybe it was something that 10C was given info about, and now plans changed from the band/management/Target/whoever and now 10C is the bad guy? I highly doubt they are the decision makers, just the messengers. We all know who gets shot first.

I agree with both of these statements. Many times, the 10 Club's hands seem to be tied, which is unfortunate because they whole business of Pearl Jam operates under one roof. I think they are limited in information and that isn't their fault. But being up front about things would really be appreciated around here and we don't get that all of the time.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Who knows, maybe it was something that 10C was given info about, and now plans changed from the band/management/Target/whoever and now 10C is the bad guy? I highly doubt they are the decision makers, just the messengers. We all know who gets shot first.

I agree with both of these statements. Many times, the 10 Club's hands seem to be tied, which is unfortunate because they whole business of Pearl Jam operates under one roof. I think they are limited in information and that isn't their fault. But being up front about things would really be appreciated around here and we don't get that all of the time.

I think one of the main reasons people are always pissed about the 10C is that they don't seem to do a very good job communicating with the fans. I think any kind of updates would be nice. And instead of ignoring fans who ask about things that 10C said we could expect, they could acknowledge they had things planned but it didn't work out or whatever the case may be. At this point, I'm under the assumption that they talked about the 10C exclusives so they could get us to purchase the album from this site and they could get more money. Us buying the album from Target wouldn't increase their profits since the band was already paid upfront for those cds. Pearl Jam, LLC is a business after all folks... Let's not forget that.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    knowcode10 wrote:

Let's not get our panties in a bunch sweetheart. That wasn't the root of what I was trying to get across. My point is...I support the band and give them my money and in return, they don't deliver on what they promised us. Where did I say I am "owed" a free album? I am owed shows from their vault because they promised that but nowehrre did I say I am owed a free album.

As for the "in the know" thing...you don't have to be dramatic about it. Everyone here knew the album was out there. I don't have any secret place for illegal downloads if that is what you are inferring.

You said it here, sweetheart:

You said you "chose to do the right thing", even though you've already paid for all this other stuff. As if paying for the other stuff entitled you to the album download. But you're a good dude who paid for it, thereby doing the right thing. So, you didn't steal. Hurray for you!
  • DS114969 wrote:
    At this point, I'm under the assumption that they talked about the 10C exclusives so they could get us to purchase the album from this site and they could get more money. Us buying the album from Target wouldn't increase their profits since the band was already paid upfront for those cds. Pearl Jam, LLC is a business after all folks... Let's not forget that.

I sure hope it's not like that :(
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • DS114969 wrote:
    At this point, I'm under the assumption that they talked about the 10C exclusives so they could get us to purchase the album from this site and they could get more money. Us buying the album from Target wouldn't increase their profits since the band was already paid upfront for those cds. Pearl Jam, LLC is a business after all folks... Let's not forget that.

it's absolutely not like that. Kat has explained in the past that their hands are tied. They are at the mercy of who makes the decisions, and they are only allowed to announce certain things.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • knowcode10 wrote:
    You said it here, sweetheart:

You said you "chose to do the right thing", even though you've already paid for all this other stuff. As if paying for the other stuff entitled you to the album download. But you're a good dude who paid for it, thereby doing the right thing. So, you didn't steal. Hurray for you!

Yay for me!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS114969 wrote:

it's absolutely not like that. Kat has explained in the past that their hands are tied. They are at the mercy of who makes the decisions, and they are only allowed to announce certain things.

Right, my gripe isn't really about 10C because I really do believe they want to do more for the fans than they are able, but rather with PJ's management. I think we all say 10C, because they are the "face" that we see online. But in my case, when I usually complain about "10C," I'm really speaking about the band's management.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • DS114969 wrote:

Right, my gripe isn't really about 10C because I really do believe they want to do more for the fans than they are able, but rather with PJ's management. I think we all say 10C, because they are the "face" that we see online. But in my case, when I usually complain about "10C," I'm really speaking about the band's management.

alight then. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but the flames have been fanned on the 10C enough already from this board, so if you mean the band's management, then give THEM hell! :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014