When can we expect a tour annoucement?

cl263197cl263197 Posts: 38
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Hey, any theories on when can we expect a tour announcement for eastern US?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    no
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Just thinking it would be nice to know soon so I can clear some time off work
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    today...or in a month.

that's my theory.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Still possible there won't be a tour, or not until the fall
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Hold your Breath . its coming . keep holding it !! ;)
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    It could be now, or sometime between now and the end of time. Keep checking back.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Still possible there won't be a tour, or not until the fall

^^^^^this appears most likely. I mean c'mon....soundgarden reuniting killed any chance of a NA tour in the Spring. I understand that there are strong rumors for a MSG run, but Im not buying it. Its mid Feb, I think we would have been told by now.....I would expect a smattering of shows in the Fall, but thats all folks. Enjoy your shows Europe!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    We'll find something out after 10-July Oeiras, Portugal Optimus Alive Festival ...
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    cl263197 wrote:

my guess is that we'll hear something when and if the band decides to tour.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    cl263197 wrote:

"Next week"
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    wow. imagine if you lot had to wait 11 and a half years. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    CJMST3K wrote:
    cl263197 wrote:

"Next week"
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • doompony wrote:

I last saw them in Auckland in 98... moved to America not long after that, but brilliantly moved to a part of the country the band doesn't think exists (the mythical place known as The South). So I live in the States now, and it's been 12 years since I last saw them.

And, in a brilliant stroke of luck, the sole show they have scheduled for North America so far is less than an hour away from me.

Suck it, whiny New Yorkers, Bostonians, and Philly folks :twisted:
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • cajunkiwi wrote:
    doompony wrote:

I last saw them in Auckland in 98... moved to America not long after that, but brilliantly moved to a part of the country the band doesn't think exists (the mythical place known as The South). So I live in the States now, and it's been 12 years since I last saw them.

And, in a brilliant stroke of luck, the sole show they have scheduled for North America so far is less than an hour away from me.

1 Show in 12 years is a "Brilliant stroke of luck"? HA HA HA
  • Spring tour dates seem doubtful now. Hopefully they will tour in the fall. :?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    whenever this ugly practical joke ends
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    doompony wrote:

You're aware that there are things called airplanes right?

I think PJ has stayed clear of the south because of the WPB crowd the last time they played there. It was like a sea of zombies.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    next tuesday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The Fixer wrote:
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    doompony wrote:

You're aware that there are things called airplanes right?

I think PJ has stayed clear of the south because of the WPB crowd the last time they played there. It was like a sea of zombies.

If it doesn't have a cowboy hat and a fiddle, it isn't going to get a huge crowd here, sadly - I understand fully why they don't play here more often... doesn't make it suck any less for those of us who like rock music and live here though.

And yes, I have heard of airplanes. Would've been nice to have known about them before I swam here from NZ though. It's too bad that I have a job and a life that prevents me from following the band around like some people on this board do - not everyone is lucky enough to be able to drop everything and travel to see their favorite band play, especially not when they're in the process of gaining U.S. residency (it ain't cheap, let me tell you...). Even ACL was out of the question for me, and the few times they've played New Orleans since I moved here (which I think, off the top of my head, has been twice in 11 years) I haven't been able to make it due to work or family commitments. The stars haven't aligned for me... for 12 straight years lol

That being said... holy shitballs there are some whiners in the Northeast. If the band goes three days without playing up there people cry their eyes out. COME BACK TO NEW YORK, I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU LIVE SINCE LAST THURSDAY! There are people all over the world who aren't as lucky as you guys - no need to act like a dick when those people finally get to see them play. It's not like I was asking where the Philly boots are for the 1,000th time like some people :roll:
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ