Pushy managers at work.....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Need to be pushed off a cliff!
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I've been an Owner Director for 12 years, and because I'm not pushy enough, those I employ have nearly costed me everything. I wish I was more pushy. :|
  • Jo wrote:
    I've been an Owner Director for 12 years, and because I'm not pushy enough, those I employ have nearly costed me everything. I wish I was more pushy. :|

This guy at my work is pushy and unreasonable.
    He wants what he wants no matter what it takes or who he steps on.
    Grrrr.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Jo wrote:

This guy at my work is pushy and unreasonable.
    He wants what he wants no matter what it takes or who he steps on.
    Grrrr.

Yep. Thats what it takes. I hired enough losers who waste Time, Resorces, Super, Public Liability, Workers Comp and still the Job is behind schedule because they take an hour to have a 10min smoko, and then stand around waiting to be told what they need to do next. :roll:
    Best thing you can do is be Head down and Bum Up and do what your Boss requests. You'll soon find He is not being Unreasonable, He just needs the job done to make the money to pay you with all the perks.
    Hang in there and do your best, you may even get a promotion because the Boss needs someone Just Like You to fill a cushier job. :D
  • This is what he is like at the moment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc9zF8G2Pvc
    OK. I watched that. Robert Deniro plays a good boss, apart from pummling someones head in.

Team effort achieves most.
    In a business, you need all the workers to band together for the same common outcome. It is imperative that all members of the crew are working toward the same goal. Or else the business fails.
    If Team effort is let down by 1 or 2 or 5 people, the Team is being let down, and every one who is in that team is unable to achieve the desired outcome.

By all means, if your boss hammers people in the head with baseball bats, thats clearly not good.

Team effort achieves most.
  • I needed 15 stitches after we failed to meet our revenue forecast. jk.
    Yeah we all tow our weight except one lazy girl spends too much time on facebook and the phone.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    This is what he is like at the moment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc9zF8G2Pvc

I am just like this :lol: Too many lazy little pricks who dont want to work for the team. Help your boss and you will get noticed.
  • yep, nothing more frustrating than having to supervise people who have zero sense of urgency. It's as though they live in a world of slow motion. Then when you suggest that they should be picking up the pace due to time pressures, they get defensive and say that we're too pushy.

How can we be too pushy when this task has been completed plenty of times in the past with time to spare?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • yep, nothing more frustrating than having to supervise people who have zero sense of urgency. It's as though they live in a world of slow motion. Then when you suggest that they should be picking up the pace due to time pressures, they get defensive and say that we're too pushy.

How can we be too pushy when this task has been completed plenty of times in the past with time to spare?

I hear ya. We have quarterly bonuses for our employees, and 40% of it is determined through an efficiency scale. At first, I thought this would solve those issues. Problem is, they are hourly employees, so they're getting paid for taking that extra hour or two. So at the end of the day, getting dinged on a bonus ($$ that you don't really earn anyway) doesn't matter when you have a few hours of OT.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Today I needed something urgently done by this lazy girl.
    I stood next to her so she could see me waiting and she just looked up at me and back down again without a care in the world and continued chatting to her friend on the phone.
    Lazy cow.