Valentines day too early?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I started seeing someone a month ago, about as many dates as I can count on my hand.

There were no set plans tonight because they were working, but if they got out early I expressed I wanted to take them out to dinner.. well they got off early, but they're going to dinner with their roommate instead.

Is that a bad sign, or just bad timing for Valentines day?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I started seeing someone a month ago, about as many dates as I can count on my hand.

There were no set plans tonight because they were working, but if they got out early I expressed I wanted to take them out to dinner.. well they got off early, but they're going to dinner with their roommate instead.

They may just be trying to take things at a steady pace, I wouldn't read too much into it. Maybe going out for romantic meal on valentines was too much too soon. It dont mean that they dont want to spend time with you.

Good luck

Phil
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    first off, does "they" have a gender?

secondly, i asked a girl to grab dinner and then see a movie with me tonight. i was almost certain that she would say yes...she broke up with her boyfriend two weeks ago and we've always been good friends. she started texting me of late, asking me what i was up to in the evening. i thought i would have the go for tonight.

but when i asked her she said "oh that's cute but i don't know i'm not really up for anything tonight."

so i think it just comes down to how the girl is feeling and what she thinks of valentines day. some girls hate valentines day, let alone all of that "cute, romantic" stuff.

however regardless, this girl is up for being at a party with a drunk guy who she thinks likes her.

so, i hope that is not your situation and i think your "they" just doesn't feel like going out tonight.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Is the roommate a boy or a girl?

Can you see yourself married to this person?

Is she aware that you're gay?

These are things we must know in order to help you. Please respond as soon as you can.

;) ,

The Donkey
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    first off, does "they" have a gender?

secondly, i asked a girl to grab dinner and then see a movie with me tonight. i was almost certain that she would say yes...she broke up with her boyfriend two weeks ago and we've always been good friends. she started texting me of late, asking me what i was up to in the evening. i thought i would have the go for tonight.

but when i asked her she said "oh that's cute but i don't know i'm not really up for anything tonight."

so i think it just comes down to how the girl is feeling and what she thinks of valentines day. some girls hate valentines day, let alone all of that "cute, romantic" stuff.

however regardless, this girl is up for being at a party with a drunk guy who she thinks likes her.

so, i hope that is not your situation and i think your "they" just doesn't feel like going out tonight.
    I didn't want to give a gender, but they are a she.
    Is the roommate a boy or a girl?

These are things we must know in order to help you. Please respond as soon as you can.

;) ,

The Donkey
    Her roommate is a girl, who's also been seeing somebody about as long as we have.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,050
    Is the roommate a boy or a girl?

;) ,

The Donkey
    Her roommate is a girl, who's also been seeing somebody about as long as we have.
    That might explain it. Timing deal. Don't sweat it. Just enjoy her company and don't push.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I started seeing someone a month ago, about as many dates as I can count on my hand.

its a timing thing. i started dating someone about a month ago ... we didn't see each other today. no big deal.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:

its a timing thing. i started dating someone about a month ago ... we didn't see each other today. no big deal.
    Yeah, I didn't want to pretend the day didn't exist, since I don't quite know her well enough. I was a little relieved myself that we didn't go out.. I actually bought a rose while grocery shopping today incase she really wanted to do something. Had to give it to my roommates gf. lol

Just a little frustrated that its going good, but its been a week since I've seen her.. and since she's going on vacation later this week for 10 days, it seems like a pretty big gap between dates.
    long red wrote:

Yeah, I didn't want to pretend the day didn't exist, since I don't quite know her well enough. I was a little relieved myself that we didn't go out.. I actually bought a rose while grocery shopping today incase she really wanted to do something. Had to give it to my roommates gf. lol

Just a little frustrated that its going good, but its been a week since I've seen her.. and since she's going on vacation later this week for 10 days, it seems like a pretty big gap between dates.

since she's going away for that long, i would definitely make it a point to take her out to dinner or something. not something completely serious, but something casual and fun. like a dinner and a movie. or bowling. bowling is such a great date (as long as you're not too competitive).

you just don't want her to forget about you. and maybe give her something that will make her not want to leave... ;)
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Have you kissed her yet?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★

since she's going away for that long, i would definitely make it a point to take her out to dinner or something. not something completely serious, but something casual and fun. like a dinner and a movie. or bowling. bowling is such a great date (as long as you're not too competitive).

you just don't want her to forget about you. and maybe give her something that will make her not want to leave... ;)
    She works really crappy hours. I'm lucky to see her once or twice a week. I can never plan anything like tonight for instance. Our dates have been on the fly, last second and casual so far.. We'll see.
    edited February 2010
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Have you kissed her yet?
    Yes.. very much so, enough to last 10 dates. lol.. she got drunk and was dry humping me in the bowling alley. I thought we were going to get kicked out.. too bad she didn't remember most of it. lol

She insisted on a date two days later where we were both sober and it ended with just a hug. I think she was embarrassed for the way she acted.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Have you kissed her yet?

glad somebody else asked. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Have you kissed her yet?

glad somebody else asked. :lol:
    That's cuz Speedy hasn't signed in yet to say it :lol::lol:
    NERDS!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Have you kissed her yet?
    Yes.. very much so, enough to last 10 dates. lol.. she got drunk and was dry humping me in the bowling alley. I thought we were going to get kicked out.. too bad she didn't remember most of it. lol

i told you! girls love the bowling alley!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    we need an update :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I agree! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    lol..

We went out the day after Valentines and it went good.

We haven't communicated since though because she just got back from 10 days in Vietnam.

I'm going through withdrawal here! Help!! 8-)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    lol..

We haven't communicated since though because she just got back from 10 days in Vietnam.

So...After a few dates with you.....

She told you she was going to Vietnam????

And you believed her????

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    lol..

And you believed her????

:lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    lol..

And you believed her????

Damn you Speedy! :shock:

She borrowed some of my movies, so I hope she plans on seeing me again. :?
    so..

I saw her facebook pictures of her trip.

Turns out she went with a guy she said was gay, but facebook says he's straight and there's no real indication he isn't.. Someone she works with.

Is this reason to worry?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so..

Turns out she went with a guy she said was gay, but facebook says he's straight and there's no real indication he isn't.. Someone she works with.

Is this reason to worry?
    nah.no need to worry.he is gay ,he just dont know it yet
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    so..

Is this reason to worry?
    nah.no need to worry.he is gay ,he just dont know it yet
    10 days though on the other side of the world with her???

Obviously this was all planned before she met me, but still is making me nervous. Things seem to be going so good.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    lol..

Say GOODBYE!!!... :wave:
    i_lov_it wrote:
    lol..

Say GOODBYE!!!... :wave:
    but this is a trip she planned before she met me.. and she still talks about future dates.. and she has my DVDs!

Maybe the guy is gay, but do alot of gay men lie about it on their facebook profile? He is a pilot, would that effect his job and getting hired?