10c ITW Vinyl on Ebay

BronyBrony Posts: 631
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Arent things purchased thru 10c not for resale? I remember seeing that when posters go on sale, does that go for other stuff too?

This "seller" is claiming he will ship it the winning bidder the same way 10c shipped it to him, same packaging and all

Well, it ends in 3 hours and has 20 bids closing in on 300 bucks.....that is just wrong, can anything be done to stop this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• why is it wrong......he/she might need the money now...and does not want to sell but needs must.

at the time they bought it (a few years ago now) i doubt they thought i know ill hold onto this for 3-4 years then flog it .

And yes i do own one i got from the 10c .and will not sell it unless my family need me to
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    why is it wrong......he/she might need the money now...and does not want to sell but needs must.

at the time they bought it (a few years ago now) i doubt they thought i know ill hold onto this for 3-4 years then flog it .

And yes i do own one i got from the 10c .and will not sell it unless my family need me to
    i was just under the impression that things you buy from 10c specifically say "NOT FOR RESALE"....i guess not?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Only the posters are not for resale, is not a rule enforced by the 10c.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    wow - ITW LP going for $400 now. guess I shouldn't be surprised.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Wow, the prices of vinyl continue to astound me. I'm pretty new to vinyl and don't know the in's and out's of the music industry, but I'm really surprised that more copies of these records aren't produced so the band can profit from their art rather than resellers (and more of us could experience the music through the magic of the black circle).
    Ok wrote:
    wow - ITW LP going for $400 now. guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • A. From what I remember, it never said NO RESALE. Only posters do.
    B. Why does it matter to you? Do you expect him/her to sell it to you at cost or something? Would you like some cheese with that whine? :lol:
  • I'd love to have ITW on vinyl, but that's far too rich for my blood.

Crossing fingers for a reissue sometime down the road.
  • pdxtrub wrote:
    I'd love to have ITW on vinyl, but that's far too rich for my blood.

the reissue for ITW or Benny will never happen
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • pdxtrub wrote:

+1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    pdxtrub wrote:

+1

and ITW will cost just as much as Benny Hall soon enough.......$150 for a sealed ITW seems like a bargain now- thats how much they were selling for 5 mins after it was realeased and instantly sold out.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    was it even sold via 10c ??????? i dont remember ... the few i purchased... i got from AURAL ...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    joe2468 wrote:
    was it even sold via 10c ??????? i dont remember ... the few i purchased... i got from AURAL ...
    Yes
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    joe2468 wrote:
    FEW?!?!?! they cancelled my order because they oversold! :evil: maybe cuz alot of people bought "a few". oh well. lucky you.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Elzar wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    FEW?!?!?! they cancelled my order because they oversold! :evil: maybe cuz alot of people bought "a few". oh well. lucky you.
    When 10 Club sold them you only buy one, I think. I also bought one from Aural Exploits.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Elzar wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

knowing that it was going to sell out i had my girlfriend try to get it also ...we both got one and then they did another sale with a few more a day or more later (i think) ..... i happen to be home and tried and i got another one... so i got three in total from aural ....THEN i won another in a private raffle ........for $40
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Wow! I had to talk my wife into letting buy an ITW off ebay when it first came out and it cost me $77 plus shipping. I never thought prices for it would go this high. Truly amazing!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • arq wrote:
    Only the posters are not for resale, is not a rule enforced by the 10c.

Everything is for resale Jose! Derr...
    This is what we must do with all limited edition/collectibles, all people who score one very sough after item will keep it for a month then he/she will sell it for face value then the new owner will enjoy it for a month too and then he/she will sell it again for face and then we all continue the rotation until all the people who complain have the chance to enjoy the limited edition/collectibles... Simply genious!

I'll start the rotation with the my Benny hall and my ITW, who wants them?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• arq wrote:
    This is what we must do with all limited edition/collectibles, all people who score one very sough after item will keep it for a month then he/she will sell it for face value then the new owner will enjoy it for a month too and then he/she will sell it again for face and then we all continue the rotation until all the people who complain have the chance to enjoy the limited edition/collectibles... Simply genious!

I'll start the rotation with the my Benny hall and my ITW, who wants them?

Are you serious? :o
    Then I will take your ITW. pretty please!
  • But then again, it will be hard to let it go.
    on 2nd thought, I will pass, so I won't be so hard to let it go when it's time to let go.
    OceanStone wrote:
    But then again, it will be hard to let it go.
    on 2nd thought, I will pass, so I won't be so hard to let it go when it's time to let go.

yes that's what is bound to happen...
    Neil deGrasse Tyson