valentine

chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I bought my better half 12 red roses this morning while doing the weekly shop, but when i gave her the flowers she counted them and found there was only 11. Now i am in trouble for giving one away. This is pennance for only buying her flowers once every 5 years :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    chelsea48 wrote:
    I bought my better half 12 red roses this morning while doing the weekly shop, but when i gave her the flowers she counted them and found there was only 11. Now i am in trouble for giving one away. This is pennance for only buying her flowers once every 5 years :(

poor you, what a terrible problem you have...

i really could do with not being reminded its valentines days, so please just post in the other 99 threads about it.
  • i just visited the pub and my mate told me i should have told her to pick one as i have 10 other calls to make :lol:
    Brisk. wrote:
    chelsea48 wrote:

i really could do with not being reminded its valentines days, so please just post in the other 99 threads about it.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    chelsea48 wrote:

So why did you check a thread labeled "valentine?"
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
    DriftEd wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    chelsea48 wrote:

doesnt matter does it, i was reminded of it with the thread title already, just to see what was so thread worthy.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

doesnt matter does it, i was reminded of it with the thread title already, just to see what was so thread worthy.[/quote]

Gotchya...Well if nothing else, Happy Valentines Day! from me. :)
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
    DriftEd wrote:

thanks ;p just cant wait to sleep and for it to be over.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

happy v d from me too :lol:
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Brisk. wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

hey Brisk.....f Valentines. I'm a deliriously happy single woman and one of the few who genuinely doesn't care about the hype of this day. To me, this is Day 14 of my month long birthday celebration. That is all this day means to me.

I'm alive, love my life, I'm being a total sloth today...why? because I can...and because I want to!!!! :)

So celebrate with me....let's get a good laugh at all the folks who fall for the BS of valentines simply because they feel obligated....and their day ends like the OP's. :D
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Well said wizz. i wish i never bothered. although i am very happy. we never bother usually i just felt soppy for 5 mins.
    Whizbang wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

hey Brisk.....f Valentines. I'm a deliriously happy single woman and one of the few who genuinely doesn't care about the hype of this day. To me, this is Day 14 of my month long birthday celebration. That is all this day means to me.

I'm alive, love my life, I'm being a total sloth today...why? because I can...and because I want to!!!! :)

So celebrate with me....let's get a good laugh at all the folks who fall for the BS of valentines simply because they feel obligated....and their day ends like the OP's. :D

thanks for the gee up :)

But its not valentines day itself, its just the fact a girl has been cheating with me for a year and a half and she is still going out with her bf still (2 year relationship). I know i know it sounds like she is using me etc but its far too complicated to explain, she is just like the perfect girl, she loves and knows stuff about music (virtually impossible at my age) etc not to mention being extremely pretty so its just hard for me to let go.
  • Brisk. wrote:

But its not valentines day itself, its just the fact a girl has been cheating with me for a year and a half and she is still going out with her bf still (2 year relationship). I know i know it sounds like she is using me etc but its far too complicated to explain, she is just like the perfect girl, she loves and knows stuff about music (virtually impossible at my age) etc not to mention being extremely pretty so its just hard for me to let go.
    and what if she break up with him?your thoughts?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Whizbang wrote:

i'm pretty sure we share the same brain ;):mrgreen:

have fun, stay single
  • Brisk. Just to say keep it up and good luck. dont get down. plenty of fish as they say. my work mate has been told to leave his wife by her self and he is suicidal. best of luck. see you at hyde park!!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

thanks for the gee up :)

ok then....I'm ok with some self pity, been there and done that. I'd kick your ass if it was only about valentines and being alone! ;) I don't know her (or you for that matter) but if she's been running around on you for that long, that is one of her faults that makes her less than the right woman for you. You're better than that. Against my rules, that's my valentines to you. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

norm wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

i'm pretty sure we share the same brain ;):mrgreen:

have fun, stay single

frightening, eh? ;)

thanks whizbang and chelsea :)

you dont support chelsea do you?

Sometimes i think, even though its nice to be with someone, if your a guy you end up spending pretty much loads of money, you will have rows and eventually nothing lasts forever. Okay yeah i read that to myself and its stupid, better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all.
    Brisk. wrote:

Sometimes i think, even though its nice to be with someone, if your a guy you end up spending pretty much loads of money, you will have rows and eventually nothing lasts forever. Okay yeah i read that to myself and its stupid, better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all.

hmmmm.....
    I had actually started responding to an earlier note from chelsea but I deleted it by accident.

Here's my thing on Valentines - male or female, if it's your thing...doesn't matter your reason, speak up and say so. Sadly, women and men get caught up in the hype of the day and they don't talk about what it might actually mean to each other. Without communication, men assume the woman will freak out if he doesn't get her something...thereby either stressing him out trying to think of something over the top that she'll love or going with the typical, standard gifts (flowers, candy, jewelry). And yes, there are legitimately guys who don't give a shit, don't bother remembering and forever wonder what they did wrong.

And the woman? we're f'd beyond belief - you've got the group the media targets. The ones who think "if he loves me, he'll know what I want...it's the Super Bowl for women" (and I cannot believe I just put that in the same sentence but I had to for an example...so please forgive). Those are usually the ones who are forever disappointed in what they get. They think all women think the same way so they compare themselves to a girlfriend who has an honesty policy with her guy about the day and the girlfriend's guy got her the most romantic weekend get away ever. The disappointed woman now feels like The Biggest Loser Known to All Woman-dom....that she should just turn in her ovaries. She thinks her guy doesn't love her, that she needs to trade him in for a new model who isn't a thoughtless bastard. ;)

Yes, I've thought about this ;) I never cared for the day as a kid...maybe because my birthday is this month? not sure but I had always viewed it as a popularity contest and a way to exclude people. My ex husband and I discussed it early on. Not a big deal, not something that was important to either of us. Sure, we'd occasionally do something - silly card, leave a note - but nothing consistent and nothing required. Amusingly enough? He sent me a text today "Happy V Day"...we get along good and share the dogs so pretty funny. In light of my bday month, he owes me a birthday pizza night (I got him one so fair is fair!).

Whizbang wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

hmmmm.....
    I had actually started responding to an earlier note from chelsea but I deleted it by accident.

Here's my thing on Valentines - male or female, if it's your thing...doesn't matter your reason, speak up and say so. Sadly, women and men get caught up in the hype of the day and they don't talk about what it might actually mean to each other. Without communication, men assume the woman will freak out if he doesn't get her something...thereby either stressing him out trying to think of something over the top that she'll love or going with the typical, standard gifts (flowers, candy, jewelry). And yes, there are legitimately guys who don't give a shit, don't bother remembering and forever wonder what they did wrong.

And the woman? we're f'd beyond belief - you've got the group the media targets. The ones who think "if he loves me, he'll know what I want...it's the Super Bowl for women" (and I cannot believe I just put that in the same sentence but I had to for an example...so please forgive). Those are usually the ones who are forever disappointed in what they get. They think all women think the same way so they compare themselves to a girlfriend who has an honesty policy with her guy about the day and the girlfriend's guy got her the most romantic weekend get away ever. The disappointed woman now feels like The Biggest Loser Known to All Woman-dom....that she should just turn in her ovaries. She thinks her guy doesn't love her, that she needs to trade him in for a new model who isn't a thoughtless bastard. ;)

Yes, I've thought about this ;) I never cared for the day as a kid...maybe because my birthday is this month? not sure but I had always viewed it as a popularity contest and a way to exclude people. My ex husband and I discussed it early on. Not a big deal, not something that was important to either of us. Sure, we'd occasionally do something - silly card, leave a note - but nothing consistent and nothing required. Amusingly enough? He sent me a text today "Happy V Day"...we get along good and share the dogs so pretty funny. In light of my bday month, he owes me a birthday pizza night (I got him one so fair is fair!).

Some nice points there!

Yeah when i do when i get a lady of my own is to talk about valentines day early on, i dont really care for it much, you should love someone lots and do special things for them every day or throughout the year, not just one day because of some christian. Would mean more to do something not on this day as it isn't expected or forced!

what dates the birthday?
    Brisk. wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    hmmmm.....

Some nice points there!

Yeah when i do when i get a lady of my own is to talk about valentines day early on, i dont really care for it much, you should love someone lots and do special things for them every day or throughout the year, not just one day because of some christian. Would mean more to do something not on this day as it isn't expected or forced!

what dates the birthday?

It was the 10th.
    And yes, that's how I look at it as well. So many other days to do something special because you're thinking of her/she's thinking of you than to do it just because it's forced. And believe me, if you do something special for no reason, she'll remember that over what you were "forced" to get her on Valentines.

Whizbang wrote:
    It was the 10th.
    And yes, that's how I look at it as well. So many other days to do something special because you're thinking of her/she's thinking of you than to do it just because it's forced. And believe me, if you do something special for no reason, she'll remember that over what you were "forced" to get her on Valentines.

ahh, well i hope you had a great day!

one of the worst things ever is pressure of buying presents for familys and your significant other.. god worst feeling ever!
  • ugh I'm florist and I have really grown to hate Valentines day ever since I started working at the shop! what a longgg day, and my fingers are so pricked and scratched from all the thorns :evil: My boyfriend now knows the last thing I want for any occasion is flowers, my Valentine gift is a 6 pack of beers and take out 8-)
    ugh I'm florist and I have really grown to hate Valentines day ever since I started working at the shop! what a longgg day, and my fingers are so pricked and scratched from all the thorns :evil: My boyfriend now knows the last thing I want for any occasion is flowers, my Valentine gift is a 6 pack of beers and take out 8-)

howl!
    well, not funny but funny!!!!

Brisk. wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    It was the 10th.

one of the worst things ever is pressure of buying presents for familys and your significant other.. god worst feeling ever!

It was a great day!
    I have an annual tradition in that I celebrate my month of birth all month long. I figure it's the month the world was graced with my arrival and it's my duty to celebrate me. ;) It was a "big" one for me this year. 40, baby!!!!

My celebration today was being a total sloth... ;)

Whizbang wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    It was the 10th.

It was a great day!
    I have an annual tradition in that I celebrate my month of birth all month long. I figure it's the month the world was graced with my arrival and it's my duty to celebrate me. ;) It was a "big" one for me this year. 40, baby!!!!

My celebration today was being a total sloth... ;)

hehe good idea, i may have to take that idea from you but it is usually exam eriod when its my birthday. Congratz on the 40 ;p you have lived my lifetime more than tiwce hehe, sorry! just pretty amazing at the all sorts of life pj bring together.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chelsea48 wrote:
    huh? I think you might be the better half- she could not have thought that??
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i asked a girl to go to a movie and get dinner with me tonight.

she said she's not in the mood.

however, she is in the mood to be at a party with a drunk guy she thinks likes her.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Brisk. wrote:

yes Brisk i do support chelsea.
  • pandora wrote:
    chelsea48 wrote:
    huh? I think you might be the better half- she could not have thought that??
    youre right pandora she did not think that. it was all very tongue in cheek. we had a laugh. ;)
  • chelsea48 wrote:

hahahaha....hysterical.
    i remember one year for our anniversary my husband gave me a dozen pink roses and one of the flower was broken. i thought it was a bad omen. :? :lol: but here we are, still together 18 years later....so whateva... :mrgreen:

hubby and i did cards this year, that's it. oh, and a fantastic dinner out accompanied by a lot of red wine. it was perfection. as to buying flowers, i am not big for flowers, so hubby used to get em a lot until he realized, i really meant it when i say i don't want flowers. the occasional non-holiday bouquet, and inexpensive...is my preference. yesterday picked up 10 daffodils for $1.99 while we did our shopping in the market. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chelsea48 wrote:

hahahaha....hysterical.
    i remember one year for our anniversary my husband gave me a dozen pink roses and one of the flower was broken. i thought it was a bad omen. :? :lol: but here we are, still together 18 years later....so whateva... :mrgreen:

hubby and i did cards this year, that's it. oh, and a fantastic dinner out accompanied by a lot of red wine. it was perfection. as to buying flowers, i am not big for flowers, so hubby used to get em a lot until he realized, i really meant it when i say i don't want flowers. the occasional non-holiday bouquet, and inexpensive...is my preference. yesterday picked up 10 daffodils for $1.99 while we did our shopping in the market. :D
    I am pleased you had a great time. and a bargain to go with it! :mrgreen: