Amongst the Waves

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Best song on backspacer. Period. No further discussion necessary
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    it's up there, alright. for me, it's at #3 behind Unthought Known & Force of Nature.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Far from being my favourite on Backspacer.... but is a GREAT song!

I would say that
    - Untought Known
    - The End
    - Force of nature
    - Just Breathe
    - Got Some

... are better than Amongst the Waves. Which is still a great song.
    Did I mention that i like Backspacer a lot? :D
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 869
    Second best song only after the one that it leads into...Unthought Know, which is a song every human being should listen too in order for the race to survive.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :D Period. No further discussion necessary :D
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    what's with the constant praise for unthought known? it's a very good song, i like how it builds up... reminds me of given to fly... but there are a lot of other songs on backspacer that are much better
    fixer
    force of nature
    AMONGST THE WAVES
    supersonic
    gonna see my friend (this one grew on me)
    just breathe
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I love Amongst the Waves too, but I think it has a few competitors for the "best song" label.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 2nd..after Unthought Know
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Tied with Unthought Known for me. It's probably their most old-school sounding song in quite some time.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Nope. Amongst the Waves beats them all.
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Yep, it's waaay up there...but only equal to the great "Force of Nature"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    "Amongst the Waves" is my favourite right now. It took a while but it had to climb over "Gonna See My Friend" and "Got Some."
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    jwagner wrote:
    Yep, it's waaay up there...but only equal to the great "Force of Nature"

Agreed. The imagery of the lyrics in those two songs (in my humble opinion) might be the best Ed's ever written. I might give Force Of Nature the slight edge, though.
  • Yes, further discussion . . . Amongst the Waves might be behind Unthought Known . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Ts3tLEb6E

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-Vkj_mUQ4
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    I just can not get into this song. I have tried, but it just does not do it for me. It reminds me of a cheesy Nelson song. Sorry, just my opinion. (ducks bottle and other projectiles)