Directv

One Became FiveOne Became Five Posts: 269
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone else had trouble dealing with them? It is one problem after another. This last football season I ordered the Sunday Ticket with superfan, for 399.00 and the games didn't come in high def. I spent every Sunday on the phone with them and it never got resolved. Finally I got a technician to come out and they told me that it would be 49.00, they billed me 99.00. I called them and they told me that they stated 99.00, I told them that when I called it said that call were recorded for my protection, so I wanted them to listen to the recordings for my protection, nothing resolved. Then I noticed I was being billed 6.00 a month for protection plan, I never signed up for that. Came to be the technician signed my name at the bottom of the invoice, I have the copy and it is blank where I was supposed to sign. Found out they get three dollars for everyone that signs up for the plan. Then they told me for 10.00 I could cancel the protection plan. I decided that I would pay the early penalty of 20.00 a month and get rid of this nightmare, only to find out it is 480.00 because it isn't 20.00 for the remaining time left, but 20.00 a month for the length of the entire contract. I asked how I am on a two year plan, and they said when I put a high def receiver in my bedroom, I automatically signed up for a two year plan. They are awful!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Dude, i felt like you crawled into my head after reading your post

their billing is awful!!! My Sunday ticket w/superfan dropped off my billing this month..... Yet they are still charging me with superfan,WTF

you have to fight tooth n nail, I've been a customer since august and every month is a headache with billing, I always end up being right in the end.... But I have to deal with complete idiots over there

The service is great, but they do nickel n dime you and try to pull a fast one on u if u let ur guard done. Don't even get me started with rebates

good luck my friend
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Dude, i felt like you crawled into my head after reading your post

their billing is awful!!! My Sunday ticket w/superfan dropped off my billing this month..... Yet they are still charging me with superfan,WTF

you have to fight tooth n nail, I've been a customer since august and every month is a headache with billing, I always end up being right in the end.... But I have to deal with complete idiots over there

The service is great, but they do nickel n dime you and try to pull a fast one on u if u let ur guard done. Don't even get me started with rebates

good luck my friend

Thanks!

Did you get your games in high def? Mine only came in high def in my bedroom.
  • i feel you. they suck. but AT&T gets the award for worst customer service. direct tv is second.
    I'll be back
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Yes I did! After week 1 I couldn't take it not being in hi- def

for that price, all the games should be. Convienant that they charge $20 for a once a week thing. The fact you can watch games from your phone or pc is cool, but how often are you gonna use it?

The cool thing is when your buddies come over on Sundays, make sure they get the food n drink tab..... It's only fair ;)
  • They suck dick. I had them for a year before moving to another apartment that wouldn't allow me to keep the dish up. So, the tech came out and called them to cancel, stating that because of the circumstances, I wouldn't have to wait out the other year of the contract or pay the early term fee.
    So, I send the receivers back and low and behold, I get a big fat bill for $420.00.... I have called several times to get it resolved and always get the run around or they argue with me...so I refuse to pay it. Fuck them.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    My parents have it and while they like the service, they too hate customer service.

I'm happy with my HD cable service. It may not have as many options as DirecTV, but it doesn't cost as much and if I have a problem they are pretty good about fixing it.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I live in Canada so I have Bell TV, besides being a little pricey, I have had no problems with customer service, they have even sent techs out to re point my dish and move my dish and don't usually charge the normal rate. I have nfl sunday ticket from Bell and get about 4-5 hi def games. I did have direct tv at one time but the service I was through that subscribed for us was sold to someone and within a month we all lost our service, so the new service screwed up and figured out we were in Canada. It was cheaper than Bell and just as many channels.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon