Beautiful...

MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I wanted to share these few precious photo's of my grandmother, Anneliese & her true love, my Pop, Nicholas. She left this world a few weeks ago & I miss her deeply. Although I may never get to hold her hand, or see her beautiful smile & hear her infectious laugh in this world...I know she is living a new life with her love & once again, they are together, the way it always meant to be. I love you Nanny. Your strength, determination & faith is with me now. My memories of you will live on through me, through my children & so on. Forever...I miss you. Mahalo Momma...I'll love you always...your Christina

th_PopNanny.jpg
The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thank you for sharing. I lost my grandmother two years ago and it was very difficult. Best wishes.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I wanted to share these few precious photo's of my grandmother, Anneliese & her true love, my Pop, Nicholas. She left this world a few weeks ago & I miss her deeply. Although I may never get to hold her hand, or see her beautiful smile & hear her infectious laugh in this world...I know she is living a new life with her love & once again, they are together, the way it always meant to be. I love you Nanny. Your strength, determination & faith is with me now. My memories of you will live on through me, through my children & so on. Forever...I miss you. Mahalo Momma...I'll love you always...your Christina

th_PopNanny.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I can't help but notice that you call her Nanny. We call my great-grandmother Nanny. At 95-years-old, I'm thankful every day that she's still with us. :) We lost her daughter, my grandmother, 5 years ago. :(
  • i'm sorry for your loss, wish you and you family lots of love and comfort.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Thank you for sharing. I lost my grandmother two years ago and it was very difficult. Best wishes.

i can hardly believe its now been 3 years next month since i lost mine.

thoughts and prayers are with the OP
    www.myspace.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    My thoughts are with you, lost all of my grandparents now, it's hard.
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    Thank you all so much for your kind words. Some days are totally fine, while others are like...wtf & a gigantic swell of this painful emotion just takes over inside. Like, I just can't believe it. It's not the same here anymore. Although I have spent my whole entire life here, for the most part, being here now feels foreign, strange to me. I avoid driving down Sunset because I'll see the house & it just fucking sucks realizing they are gone from this world. I decided to rasie my children here & share our lives with them. Nanny & Pop were such a huge part of our lives & Mad & Max brought life to them. They were so happy with all that I had accomplished, being a wonderful mom & creating such a strong, loving family. It's my daughters 11th. birthday today & for a second I thought, "What time do we have to pick up Nanny for dinner?" & well, that's not happening ever again. I can just scream my brains out. Blah....It's insanely hard.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    scb wrote:

th_PopNanny.jpg

I can't help but notice that you call her Nanny. We call my great-grandmother Nanny. At 95-years-old, I'm thankful every day that she's still with us. :) We lost her daughter, my grandmother, 5 years ago. :(

That is my worst fear ever, losing my children before it's my time to leave this place. My sincere, deepest sympathy for you & your Nanny. It must have been really hard for everyone.
  • I'm sorry for your loss.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    scb wrote:

th_PopNanny.jpg

That is my worst fear ever, losing my children before it's my time to leave this place. My sincere, deepest sympathy for you & your Nanny. It must have been really hard for everyone.

Thank you. :) It was really hard on everyone... but especially on Nanny. She had already lost her husband, her parents, all her sisters and brothers, and most of her friends - and my grandmother was her only child. :(
    scb...If I may ask? Is your Nanny still living? & if so, she must be such an incredible person with so much history of life. You & her are definitely blessed. ;)
    scb...If I may ask? Is your Nanny still living? & if so, she must be such an incredible person with so much history of life. You & her are definitely blessed. ;)

Yes, she is still living and, yes, I am blessed to have her! :D She's 95 years old and lives in a small town (costly to fly into) a few states away, so I only get to see her once or twice a year. I go whenever I have the time/money, usually instead of taking other trips (like to PJ concerts) - but I figure I don't have much more time with her and the other things can wait. I always try to bring a video camera capture whatever memories and wisdom (and recipes) of hers I can capture while I still can! She's starting to get senile now, but she's still way more with it than most people her age. Also, I think she's more with it than some of our other family members realize; she just seems worse because she can't hear well. Anyway, now you've got me talking about my Nanny! <3;) I'd post a picture if I knew how. :)
    scb wrote:

Yes, she is still living and, yes, I am blessed to have her! :D She's 95 years old and lives in a small town (costly to fly into) a few states away, so I only get to see her once or twice a year. I go whenever I have the time/money, usually instead of taking other trips (like to PJ concerts) - but I figure I don't have much more time with her and the other things can wait. I always try to bring a video camera capture whatever memories and wisdom (and recipes) of hers I can capture while I still can! She's starting to get senile now, but she's still way more with it than most people her age. Also, I think she's more with it than some of our other family members realize; she just seems worse because she can't hear well. Anyway, now you've got me talking about my Nanny! <3;) I'd post a picture if I knew how. :)

It's really nice of you to sacrafice your needs to be with her. What you wouldn't do for family, no matter what. I've been so fortunate to have my grandparents here within a mile from me, so I can see them all of time. It isn't the same anymore without them here & I feel lonely without them. If you would like, you can send me an email with a photo of her & I will gladly post it here or where ever you want it. Mahalo scb. ;)
    scb wrote:

It's really nice of you to sacrafice your needs to be with her. What you wouldn't do for family, no matter what. I've been so fortunate to have my grandparents here within a mile from me, so I can see them all of time. It isn't the same anymore without them here & I feel lonely without them. If you would like, you can send me an email with a photo of her & I will gladly post it here or where ever you want it. Mahalo scb. ;)

That's awesome! I might just do that! :D