The Road

ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just been to see the film The Road, which was great, required copious amounts of hankies, but a good film.

But I'm really puzzled, I'm sure I noticed that two of the characters had no thumbs or half thumbs or something similar. Did I imagine it? Or was there an explanation in the film that I completely missed.

Sorry to bother everyone, it's just bugging me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They had dick hands.

It's a new Hollywood costume design.

Actually, I don't know. I just couldn't pass up the chance to write dick hands.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Claire, I've read the book....thought it was pretty good....bit overhyped....looking forward to the movie.

Dick hands! :lol: haha You're a freak Hammerdonkey! But funny.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Good book. I still haven't seen the movie, though.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    going back to the hands...

spoiler alert............

i haven't seen the movie but in the book the "bad guys" as the boy calls them are cannibals. so the characters you are talking about may have been victims of the cannibals.

otherwise, i'm looking forward to seeing the movie. just finished the book. i thought it was phenomenal.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I enjoyed the movie (maybe enjoyed isn't the right word), cannibals .... mmm - why just eat the thumbs?

Dick hands? could be where evolutions takes us? better than being dick heads I guess :? :lol:

You know with the whole vanishing thread, that I was convinced I must have imagined, it is possible I imagined the whole thumb thing. If anyone else see's the film - let me know what you think.