Quit your complaining you pampered little fucker

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Ever notice that some people have a constant never ending list of trivial shit they cry about?
Are more and more people turning into big wieners with no balls or integrity?

Example: My neighbor bitching about dandelions in his yard and how everyone in the neighborhood should put chemicals on their lawn.

ppl piss me off.
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwick wrote:
    Ever notice that some people have a constant never ending list of trivial shit they cry about?

Example: My neighbor bitching about dandelions in his yard and how everyone in the neighborhood should put chemicals on their lawn.

ppl piss me off.
    show him photos of what's going on in haiti. or the billion of other places in misery around the world. and then tell him to shove the dandelions up his ass.

or something like that lol
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Next time he mentions it, ask him if his life is really that boring.
  • chadwick wrote:

ppl piss me off.

No matter where you are, theres always going to be some asshole complaining about something.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I honestly feel the internet, and more specifically, the boom of social media (facebook, myspace, twitter, and yeah, message boards) is creating an exponential increase in the need for many folks to constantly talk about themselves. Both online and off.

A disturbing trend.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I thought this thread was about all the whiney twats on the porch that litter the place with their bullshit entitlement
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I honestly feel the internet, and more specifically, the boom of social media (facebook, myspace, twitter, and yeah, message boards) is creating an exponential increase in the need for many folks to constantly talk about themselves. Both online and off.

A disturbing trend.
    Imagine what it will be like 50 years from now, when this generation who is about 5 years old now, grows up knowing (or passionately beleiving) that everyone in the world cares about what they are doing or thinking all the time...every day.....Disturbing doesn't even touch it.
  • jimed14 wrote:

A disturbing trend.
    Imagine what it will be like 50 years from now, when this generation who is about 5 years old now, grows up knowing (or passionately beleiving) that everyone in the world cares about what they are doing or thinking all the time...every day.....Disturbing doesn't even touch it.

:shock:
    :o

:mrgreen:
    seriously!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chadwick wrote:

ppl piss me off.

calling the kettle black perhaps??
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    norm wrote:
    I thought this thread was about all the whiney twats on the porch that litter the place with their bullshit entitlement

When does that ever happen around here?
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • jimed14 wrote:

A disturbing trend.

I got caught up in the social media trend for a long while. I took a month long break and realized how anti-social it made me.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    chadwick wrote:

ppl piss me off.

An equally good question is are people turning into such big wieners that they become OUTRAGED about a neighbor not liking dandelions in his yard? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    chadwick wrote:

ppl piss me off.

An equally good question is are people turning into such big wieners that they become OUTRAGED about a neighbor not liking dandelions in his yard? ;)

That's what I was going to say. It's all the same thing.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pretty bad chemicals in those lawn care kits.
    harms animals and shit.

quality water
    nicely done :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

CBC recently did a documentary that covers a closely related topic; here’s the link:
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Doc_Zone/ID=1405930535

I’ve yet to watch it, but here’s an article about it:

Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids

Are today's well-meaning parents giving their children a leg up in life, or creating problems that will last their child's lifetime? The new CBC documentary Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids explores the cultural pressures on parents to be hyper-parents and the impact it has on their children.
    The current trend of over-parenting began in the early 1980's when baby boomers - who ended up having fewer children, later in life - started having kids, and it has continued down the line.
    At first, Baby on Board signs in car windows proudly announced "precious cargo" inside. Today, however, it is not enough to wait until the baby is born. While pregnant, parents start their single-minded search for ways to create an über child - and there is no shortage of products to help them, including 'prenatal education systems' that claim to give Junior an intellectual, social, creative and emotional advantage. Once the baby is born, the race to keep him or her ahead of the pack intensifies - with baby videos, baby ballet, gymnastics before they can walk, and parents' near-fanatic devotion to finding the right pre-school.
    Parents are willing to overextend their budgets so they can maintain a program that will lead to their child's success. And they will do everything in their power to protect their investment - coming to the rescue whenever their child encounters adversity.
    Nowhere is this more obvious than in today's classrooms. Ask any teacher and they will tell you that the toughest aspect of their job is dealing with overbearing parents who fiercely intervene at the first sign of trouble. Failure is not an option, and parents will do everything they can to make sure their child graduates top of the class so they attend a good university, which in theory leads to a good job which leads to a good life.
    And you can say goodbye to saying goodbye. Reluctant to let go, moms and dads continue to hover even when their kids head to university. Many parents take it upon themselves to fill out application forms and write the admissions essay on their child's behalf. Some even follow their pampered progeny right into the workplace - attending job interviews and even trying to negotiate salary and contracts.
    Hyper-parents have the best of intentions. They believe that the world is more dangerous and competitive than the carefree times of their own youth. Obsessing about our kids' safety and success has become the norm, and the pressure to hyper-parent is almost impossible to resist.

After graduating from university, Adrienne Cousins landed a good job with a good salary, but she couldn't quite fit into the corporate culture. She borrowed money to start her own business.
    But there are indications that all of the attention parents bestow on their children may not have the outcome they had hoped for. In fact, it appears to be having the opposite effect. As the first batch of hyper-parented kids (Generation Y) emerges into adulthood, they do not seem to be quite ready for the real world. University psychologists report today's students experience higher levels of anxiety than any generation before them. And employers are pulling their hair out as Gen Y employees show up at work with an unprecedented sense of entitlement - 'Paying your dues' is not part of their vernacular. They require a lot of supervision and they challenge everything from dress code to office hierarchy.
    Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids presents a snapshot of a great social experiment in parenting whose full results will not be known for years. Will the pendulum swing back? - resulting in the next generation of parents slowing down and letting children be children? Or will they up the ante and escalate hyper-parenting to a point not yet imagined?
  • Imagine what it will be like 50 years from now, when this generation who is about 5 years old now, grows up knowing (or passionately beleiving) that everyone in the world cares about what they are doing or thinking all the time...every day.....Disturbing doesn't even touch it.

CBC recently did a documentary that covers a closely related topic; here’s the link:
    thanks for the link! thatll be great for my education class

... if i can figure out how to make it play :|
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • This reminds me of Arnold Schwazenegger..... "Stop your whining" :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • You can rub dandelions on people and put yellow streaks all over them! Anyone that complains about them just doesn't know how to have fun.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I'd go round up as many dandylion things as i could, you know those ones that you like to blow when you're a kid and all the little seedlings fly around?

I'd stick them in front of a fan on his lawn.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314

I’ve yet to watch it, but here’s an article about it:

Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids

Are today's well-meaning parents giving their children a leg up in life, or creating problems that will last their child's lifetime? The new CBC documentary Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids explores the cultural pressures on parents to be hyper-parents and the impact it has on their children.
    The current trend of over-parenting began in the early 1980's when baby boomers - who ended up having fewer children, later in life - started having kids, and it has continued down the line.
    At first, Baby on Board signs in car windows proudly announced "precious cargo" inside. Today, however, it is not enough to wait until the baby is born. While pregnant, parents start their single-minded search for ways to create an über child - and there is no shortage of products to help them, including 'prenatal education systems' that claim to give Junior an intellectual, social, creative and emotional advantage. Once the baby is born, the race to keep him or her ahead of the pack intensifies - with baby videos, baby ballet, gymnastics before they can walk, and parents' near-fanatic devotion to finding the right pre-school.
    Parents are willing to overextend their budgets so they can maintain a program that will lead to their child's success. And they will do everything in their power to protect their investment - coming to the rescue whenever their child encounters adversity.
    Nowhere is this more obvious than in today's classrooms. Ask any teacher and they will tell you that the toughest aspect of their job is dealing with overbearing parents who fiercely intervene at the first sign of trouble. Failure is not an option, and parents will do everything they can to make sure their child graduates top of the class so they attend a good university, which in theory leads to a good job which leads to a good life.
    And you can say goodbye to saying goodbye. Reluctant to let go, moms and dads continue to hover even when their kids head to university. Many parents take it upon themselves to fill out application forms and write the admissions essay on their child's behalf. Some even follow their pampered progeny right into the workplace - attending job interviews and even trying to negotiate salary and contracts.
    Hyper-parents have the best of intentions. They believe that the world is more dangerous and competitive than the carefree times of their own youth. Obsessing about our kids' safety and success has become the norm, and the pressure to hyper-parent is almost impossible to resist.

After graduating from university, Adrienne Cousins landed a good job with a good salary, but she couldn't quite fit into the corporate culture. She borrowed money to start her own business.
    But there are indications that all of the attention parents bestow on their children may not have the outcome they had hoped for. In fact, it appears to be having the opposite effect. As the first batch of hyper-parented kids (Generation Y) emerges into adulthood, they do not seem to be quite ready for the real world. University psychologists report today's students experience higher levels of anxiety than any generation before them. And employers are pulling their hair out as Gen Y employees show up at work with an unprecedented sense of entitlement - 'Paying your dues' is not part of their vernacular. They require a lot of supervision and they challenge everything from dress code to office hierarchy.
    Hyper Parents & Coddled Kids presents a snapshot of a great social experiment in parenting whose full results will not be known for years. Will the pendulum swing back? - resulting in the next generation of parents slowing down and letting children be children? Or will they up the ante and escalate hyper-parenting to a point not yet imagined?

good article......thanks for sharing.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    chadwick wrote:
    pretty bad chemicals in those lawn care kits.
    harms animals and shit.

quality water
    nicely done :mrgreen:

First of all if your lawn is treated by professionals and done properly then I have doubts about the harm, secondly the communities that have banned chemicals from yards are seeing an increase in termites and bed bugs. Personally I'll take my chances with the chemicals, bed bugs costs thousands to get rid of, if you get rid of them and termites can cause thousands in damage as well. Thats just me, and I'm not a tree hugger.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    did he try sticking a remote control up his ass at one point?... :|

DEMON POSSESSION
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    chadwick wrote:

DEMON POSSESSION

I'm so jaded, I feel most of those videos are just faked to get more attention paid to themselves.

Such perfect timing to get the camera in and out of the room and the remote thing pushed it over the top. Well over the top.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    chadwick wrote:

DEMON POSSESSION

that's what i saw.
    the remote control going up his ass.

demon possession = that's what i was thinking.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Some folks eat them! I've also heard that you can make wine out of them.

I NEVER use weed killing chemicals on my lawn.

Found the following on the internet:
    DANDELION

The dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a member of the Daisy family, Compositae, and is native to Europe and eastern Asia. The name comes from the French, 'dent de lion' - lion's tooth, referring to the jagged leaves.

Vineland, N.J., is known as the Dandelion Capital of the World.

Young, tender, spring dandelion leaves make an excellent addition to salads; they can also be cooked like spinach. Older leaves tend to be bitter. The flowers can be used to make dandelion wine. DO NOT USE ANY PLANTS FROM LAWNS WHERE WEED KILLING CHEMICALS WERE USED.

Dandelion roots may be roasted and ground as a coffee substitute. The roots can grow up to 5 feet deep.

In Wilton, Maine, there's a cannery that imports and cans only dandelion greens.
    Hold On