Alexander McQueen dies aged 40

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
The fashion designer decided to take his own life. RIP.

I personally like most of his fashion but already, the fur haters have started on facebook :roll:
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ITS SAD...R.I.P.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ....but already, the fur haters have started on facebook :roll:

:roll: :roll:

I read that he twittered some quite anguished stuff about the death of his mother. So sad to think he felt that was his only way of dealing with his grief. But that was his way.....

He was extremely creative and talented.....
  • redrock wrote:
    ....but already, the fur haters have started on facebook :roll:

:roll: :roll:

I read that he twittered some quite anguished stuff about the death of his mother. So sad to think he felt that was his only way of dealing with his grief. But that was his way.....

He was extremely creative and talented.....

:roll: indeed Rita. Thanks for helping out with that btw :thumbup:

Yeah, I heard his mum's funeral was supposed to be today? (Apologies if i'm wrong about that) So, so tragic... You're absolutely right - such a talented and creative man :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

My daughter had already picked out her wedding dress... one of his. As if we could even afford it :roll:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    So, family members of both he an his mom's has to bury 2 now? It is too bad, but quite selfish.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Heatherj43 wrote:
    So, family members of both he an his mom's has to bury 2 now? It is too bad, but quite selfish.

Maybe he didn't see it like that. Most people who really wish to take their own life (lets be honest, some people try it to get much needed attention) never see things from another's point of view, they just see the grey cloud that's surrounding their life and their feelings.

Grief does weird things to people, unfortunately I know that all too well.

• redrock wrote:
    My daughter had already picked out her wedding dress... one of his. As if we could even afford it :roll:

You couldn't afford it before, you certainly won't be able to afford it now! :shock:

Heatherj43 wrote:

We may see it as selfish, but selfishness is the last thing on one's mind when contemplating suicide. I'm sure family members will know how troubled he was.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    It's sad when a guy kills himself but until yesterday I'd never heard of him.

I found it sadder when a guy with 2 kids hung himself from a canal bridge 2 miles away last year.
    nuffingman wrote:
    It's sad when a guy kills himself but until yesterday I'd never heard of him.

I found it sadder when a guy with 2 kids hung himself from a canal bridge 2 miles away last year.

Just as sad. Whether these people are famous or not, it's sad. It makes you wonder what kind of despair drives you to leave your family and loved ones behind. Why cannot one seek help/talk to someone when it's so bad. I guess until you are in this dire situation, there is no answer.