Homeless experiment in Vancouver. Must watch documentary

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
This guy wants to know what it is like to be homeless in Vancouver Canada, so he becomes homeless for a whole month in december. This is extremely interesting and there are alot of good points made. Some of it shows the "sorry" side of homelessness, and some of it shows how their government is ruining the problem. Parts 4 through the beginning of 6 are really fucked up.

heres part one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-1oo-b ... r_embedded
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was in Vancouver last week and was amazed by the amount of Homeless on the streets there. It made SF look tame.

That's the first time I've noticed so many homeless there.
    NERDS!
  • I was in Vancouver last week and was amazed by the amount of Homeless on the streets there. It made SF look tame.

a lot of people from the east flock to the west in the winter cause vancouver offers nicer winter weather, so ive been told.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    I was in Vancouver last week and was amazed by the amount of Homeless on the streets there. It made SF look tame.

a lot of people from the east flock to the west in the winter cause vancouver offers nicer winter weather, so ive been told.

Yea I live in Ottawa and there aren't too many people who try to live on the streets here in Winter, because the temperature can easily drop to -25 or -30C. Only the real hardcore desparate homeless people who look so much more worse off then a lot of the homeless people I used to see on the westcoast.

Yea I live in Ottawa and there aren't too many people who try to live on the streets here in Winter, because the temperature can easily drop to -25 or -30C. Only the real hardcore desparate homeless people who look so much more worse off then a lot of the homeless people I used to see on the westcoast.
    It's just weird. I've been to Vancouver several times, but the amount of people panhandling was crazy. I think it probably has something to do with the Olympics obviously being there.
    NERDS!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It's funny, because usually they try and "hide" that stuff when something as big as the Olympics comes to town.

I know when the Republican National Convention came to town, they pretty much bull dozed an entire avenue on the other side of the bridge in Jersey to eliminate the seedy hotels - removing the prostitutes and drug dealers, etc.

Unfortunately, with the state of things today, there is going to be a rise in homelessness across the nation. :(
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    It's funny, because usually they try and "hide" that stuff when something as big as the Olympics comes to town.

I know when the Republican National Convention came to town, they pretty much bull dozed an entire avenue on the other side of the bridge in Jersey to eliminate the seedy hotels - removing the prostitutes and drug dealers, etc.

Unfortunately, with the state of things today, there is going to be a rise in homelessness across the nation. :(

Yea they dont seem to do that in Canada, or Vancouver atleast. They're government seems to be pretty open and lenient about the homelessness and their drug addictions. Which is sort of fucked up.

has anyone watched it?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09