POSTERS OVERLOAD???

jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,638
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Whats going on in the store???

There are like 16 posters available!!!???? I dont think I remember ever seeing a poster sale quite like this...whats going on...did everybody get their posters on tour...or are these ones just crap...where are the collectors, the flippers...or is recession to blame?
"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    More are being printed this time around. IMO
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • What posters?
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    - economy
    - lack of flippability
    - presale that went with 10c tix
    - print itself
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    They want to dilute the market so they can make more money.
  • Pretty much all the reasons that have been stated above. More are being printed, less people are popping for the $37.50, far fewer eye-catchers than previous years. Of the ones that have gone up so far, Christchurch and Adelaide are the only sell-outs. Toronto will sell out (if it hasn't already) and SLC will sell out in about an hour. The Spectrum ones (providing they do sell the Spectrum ones) will probably sell out as well. Other than that, who knows? What they'll probably end up doing is pulling them from the goods section, saving them up at Wonka's Chocolate Factory aka 10c warehouse and have a mystery poster sale with the 2010 ones about a year from now. Just my 2cents.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    the last 6 months the poster market has been dead as a doornail. Vinyl is the hot item right now.
  • hrd2imgn wrote:
    the last 6 months the poster market has been dead as a doornail. Vinyl is the hot item right now.
    Why is that? Any ideas? Ive been curious about this recently as a poster collector.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    hrd2imgn wrote:

New posters you mean, the older stuff is holding it's own really.
  • t0mMye wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Are they really though? Ive seen some older posters go on ebay recently for far below what I would have expected.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    The poster market has been dead for a lot longer than six months.
    Its the economy people. Only the really rare ones are holding value. You can check ebeans, prices are down.

As far as the posters in the goods section, they must be printing more. In any event, the 10c sure has made it a lot easier to get em which is OK by me. But its also the economy.

I cant believe that Toronto is still sitting there. It is one of BK's best.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Berlin is pretty cool...too bad everyshow i went to last year had a lame poster.

The Philly shows were bunk and chicago wasn't that great.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    t0mMye wrote:
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Are they really though? Ive seen some older posters go on ebay recently for far below what I would have expected.

I think the 96-98's hold their average. Economy being what it is I think thats reasonable. I did offer 1010.00 on a current Ebay item (poster) and was turned down so...