Domestic Violence

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,054
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Here ya go crazypjfan. Post away.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    mickeyrat wrote:

well done, mickey.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I hate when I miss stuff.

Did you know that most domestic violence is the result of the male being in the wrong and the female busted him on it? Instead of learning the art of "saying what she needs to hear", the male will choose to put his hands on a woman in response to him losing the argument.

You should always try to take care of the booty. Those are words to live by. If you don't, somebody like me will...and you don't want that.

Regards,

The Donkey Stomper of the Poon Wok.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    According to the U.S. Department of Justice, between 1998 and 2002:

* Of the almost 3.5 million violent crimes committed against family members, 49% of these were crimes against spouses.
    * 84% of spouse abuse victims were females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abuse at were female.
    * Males were 83% of spouse murderers and 75% of dating partner murderers
    * 50% of offenders in state prison for spousal abuse had killed their victims. Wives were more likely than husbands to be killed by their spouses: wives were about half of all spouses in the population in 2002, but 81% of all persons killed by their spouse.

Matthew R. Durose et al., U.S. Dep't of Just., NCJ 207846, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Family Violence Statistics: Including Statistics on Strangers and Acquaintances, at 31-32 (2005), available at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/fvs.pdf
  • Did you know that most domestic violence is the result of the male being in the wrong and the female busted him on it? Instead of learning the art of "saying what she needs to hear", the male will choose to put his hands on a woman in response to him losing the argument.
    I've heard of blaming the victim but this lowers it to a whole new level. :wtf:
    I guess women should train to be clairvoyant so that they don't get into arguments in the first place. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,054
    Did you know that most domestic violence is the result of the male being in the wrong and the female busted him on it? Instead of learning the art of "saying what she needs to hear", the male will choose to put his hands on a woman in response to him losing the argument.
    I guess women should train to be clairvoyant so that they don't get into arguments in the first place. :roll:
    while not a topic for jokes , that WAS an attempt.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

Not sure you followed what Donkey was sayin' there.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Did you know that most domestic violence is the result of the male being in the wrong and the female busted him on it? Instead of learning the art of "saying what she needs to hear", the male will choose to put his hands on a woman in response to him losing the argument.

He was blaming the guys for not being able to handle confrontation without violence.... how is this blaming the victim?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    mickeyrat wrote:

:thumbup: :D
    crazypjfan wrote:
    According to the U.S. Department of Justice, between 1998 and 2002:

* Of the almost 3.5 million violent crimes committed against family members, 49% of these were crimes against spouses.
    * 84% of spouse abuse victims were females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abuse at were female.
    * Males were 83% of spouse murderers and 75% of dating partner murderers
    * 50% of offenders in state prison for spousal abuse had killed their victims. Wives were more likely than husbands to be killed by their spouses: wives were about half of all spouses in the population in 2002, but 81% of all persons killed by their spouse.

Matthew R. Durose et al., U.S. Dep't of Just., NCJ 207846, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Family Violence Statistics: Including Statistics on Strangers and Acquaintances, at 31-32 (2005), available at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/fvs.pdf

Thanks for the data. I'm sure I've heard a stat that most women in the U.S. prison system for murder killed their abusive husbands (or something like that). Do you have any data on that?

Also, I know from working in a crisis center that women are most likely to be killed by their abusive partners when they leave them. That's why we never pressured battered women to leave, and one reason I hate it when people judge the women who don't leave. Also, I'm pretty sure women are more likely to be physically abused when they're pregnant too.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    When women kill - and they do so at astonishingly lower rates than men who commit 85% of all homicides - the vast majority kill family members, usually men who have battered them for years. As many as 90% of the women in jail today for killing men had been battered by those men. (Allison Bass, "Women far less likely to kill than men; no one sure why," The Boston Globe, February 24, 1992, p. 27)
  • Some of you understood. I think in most cases, the violence against women is triggered by something she says. I would guess that most of the time, she's just trying to help the man and make a better life. Maybe trying to mold him into a better person and rid him of his vices for the greater good. Men don't accept change with an open mind and that's how it starts.

In cases where she's cheating, you're just flipping a coin and hoping for the best reaction. You're playing with fire when you do stuff like that.

That being said, I would hit Roseanne Barr dead in the fucking mouth. But in my defense, she does have a penis.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,278
    Ok DR Hammerdonkey has spoken :lol::lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    crazypjfan wrote:
    When women kill - and they do so at astonishingly lower rates than men who commit 85% of all homicides - the vast majority kill family members, usually men who have battered them for years. As many as 90% of the women in jail today for killing men had been battered by those men. (Allison Bass, "Women far less likely to kill than men; no one sure why," The Boston Globe, February 24, 1992, p. 27)

Thank you!! :thumbup:
    My name is Luka
    I live on the second floor
    I live upstairs from you
    Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night
    Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight
    Just don't ask me what it was

I think it's because I'm clumsy
    I try not to talk too loud
    Maybe it's because I'm crazy
    I try not to act too proud

They only hit until you cry
    And after that you don't ask why
    You just don't argue anymore

Yes I think I'm okay
    I walked into the door again
    Well, if you ask that's what I'll say
    And it's not your business anyway
    I guess I'd like to be alone
    With nothing broken, nothing thrown

Just don't ask me how I am [X3]
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    while not a topic for jokes , that WAS an attempt.
    Yeah, I GOT that it was a joke.
    While I usually have a warped sense of humor, I didn't think this was funny.

He was blaming the guys for not being able to handle confrontation without violence.... how is this blaming the victim?
    Because the woman is victimized for being in the right. How nuts is that? Is she supposed to never open her mouth because she might be assaulted?
    Like I said, I knew it was a joke, just not a very funny one.
    For some reason, people like to turn domestic violence into a joke. I can handle all kinds of inappropriate humor, but I can't handle joking about abusing somebody.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I must be missing something but I didn't see it as a joke? :wtf:
    I thought they meant that most times women get beaten for confronting the husband/partner on something that he was doing wrong.

Like, woman confronts husband on cheating on her, in turn he beats her instead of admitting his fault
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappa wrote:
    I thought they meant that most times women get beaten for confronting the husband/partner on something that he was doing wrong.

Like, woman confronts husband on cheating on her, in turn he beats her instead of admitting his fault

This is correct. The other stuff being said was horseshit. Look, I know that women try to mold their men into a better provider or a responsible human being. Women are great at putting men back on the right path. It's not necessarily the things they say rather than it's how they say it.

Years into a relationship, the woman knows what sho got into. an abuser is always an abuser. So they recognize going into a situation the things not to do to set him off. But you do it anyway.

Husbands don't do a good job at seeing the big picture. Women don't know what make their men tick so she chooses to set them off to get a rise.

It not a joke. Most domestic assault casses could have been prevented if women were failiar with the way we need to be persuaded to do something. If you are the kind of person disagrees with that sentence, you might be the statistic they're taking about.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:

This is correct. The other stuff being said was horseshit. Look, I know that women try to mold their men into a better provider or a responsible human being. Women are great at putting men back on the right path. It's not necessarily the things they say rather than it's how they say it.

Years into a relationship, the woman knows what sho got into. an abuser is always an abuser. So they recognize going into a situation the things not to do to set him off. But you do it anyway.

Husbands don't do a good job at seeing the big picture. Women don't know what make their men tick so she chooses to set them off to get a rise.

It not a joke. Most domestic assault casses could have been prevented if women were failiar with the way we need to be persuaded to do something. If you are the kind of person disagrees with that sentence, you might be the statistic they're taking about.
    Umm.... maybe now I am mistaking what you are getting at.
    Sorry, I thought you meant abusive men become abusive when confronted with something they shouldn't be doing.

Not how women say things to men...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

Sorry, but that sounds a litte too similar to "She wouldn't have been raped if she hadn't been dressed that way."