Anyone Else Planning A Wedding?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Seems pretty simple so far....venue with in-house caterer already book. DJ locked-up, save the date magnets next, then photographer, invites and flowers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Im getting married this june. :o It does seem pretty simple..

A matter of making a few calls and having funds...The real work comes in when you have to figure out who to invite, who gets a Save the date vs an invite only...Invitations, themes colors..etc.

My older bro told me to just let my fiance take control...so far so good. 8-)
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    DriftEd wrote:
    Im getting married this june. :o It does seem pretty simple..

A matter of making a few calls and having funds...The real work comes in when you have to figure out who to invite, who gets a Save the date vs an invite only...Invitations, themes colors..etc.

My older bro told me to just let my fiance take control...so far so good. 8-)

We each did a preliminary guest list. It is easy for me to cut people, but she is more conscientious then me, so it is more difficult for her.
  • We did the same but each of our parents had a few people that they insisted we invite.

My fiance is from Buffalo NY so for all of my guests it's basically a destination wedding. :lol:
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • I'm getting married in October. My fiancee and I have the venues (church and hall), her dress, bridesmaid dresses, florist, photographer, DJ, caterer, and some other things already lined up. We made our own Save the Date christmas cards, and she just bought a letterpress so we can make our own invitations. It'll take a couple weekends, but it will definitely free up some money over professionally printed invitations.

I agree that the best thing to do is to let her be in charge, she's the one who's been thinking about this day forever. Same goes for when it's time to get a house. Get the one she wants. Just make sure it's got a room for you in it.

We have a limit of about 200 people for the wedding, but there are 300 people on our list of people to invite. Most of my family lives on the West Coast, and probably won't make it to Chicago for the actual wedding, so we are going out there in the summer for a Pre-Wedding reception with them.