NO PJ at Wrigley?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No PJ at Wrigley until we get PJ at Fenway!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    said it before, but I'm bored so I'll say it again.

I will never understand why people want PJ to play baseball stadiums. I love Wrigley, but no band should ever play there. baseball stadiums are not configured for concerts. give me a show (or two) at the UC any day over Wrigley.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • said it before, but I'm bored so I'll say it again.

I will never understand why people want PJ to play baseball stadiums. I love Wrigley, but no band should ever play there. baseball stadiums are not configured for concerts. give me a show (or two) at the UC any day over Wrigley.

Given, you may be right w/the acoustics, but I was in centerfield last year at Fenway for DMB and from a total concert experience--sound, aesthetics, surreal kickass experience, it was simply unbelievable. Sound was great, and when it got to night time, looking around the seats behind me with all those fans was simply surreal. I felt like I was in the middle of a game. Hard to explain but an incredible experience. As was my experience seeing Vedder in 08 at the Opera House. Complete opposite than Fenway, but blown away nonetheless. Of course being 12 rows dead center from the stage helped! Thanks 10 Club!
  • As was my experience seeing Vedder in 08 at the Opera House. Complete opposite than Fenway, but blown away nonetheless. Of course being 12 rows dead center from the stage helped! Thanks 10 Club!
    Wish I was 12th row center...thanks for rubbing it in kid :lol::lol::lol: We were stuck in the Mez. Still floored nonetheless.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    rumor is phish might be playing there this year too
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I think it takes a true baseball fan to understand how cool it would be to see PJ at Fenway or Wrigley. These 2 stadiums are like houses of worship to the baseball purist!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    eddie understands wrigley and doesn't want to curse the band. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg