am i the only one working today on this board?

2»

Comments

• took a vacation day.
    hubby was able to call out sick, lucky bastard. i probably would've gone in if he did, but him being home and me wondering how bad it would get, if trains would run later, etc. stayed home. it really isn't *that* bad, so probably could've gone in, maybe left a bit early. i think the trains are doing ok, tho i haven't checked since the AM...but c'est la vie. i'm home and warm, soon to start up a DVD.

keep safe and warm all!

hope tomorrow isn't worse... :?

isn't that bad? i cant see outside my window

its getting real bad right now

all the lirr people left here by 1pm

tom. morning commute is gonna suck

glad im staying 10 minutes away :mrgreen:

nope.
    i dunno where you are...i'm on long island/nassau....not too bad. sure, there's a decent amount of snow, still lightly falling and i know it's meant to get worse. initially tho, they were predicted between noon and 2pm being "the worst" and thus why i decided to stay home, figured why go thru the hassle of getting in, only to torun right around, possibly get stuck for hours, etc? as it is right now, seems i've could've worked until 3 without much issue. eh well, the weather is far from an exact science.

i'm hoping tomorrow will be ok due to there being a decent amount of time for things to be cleared up. even if we get another 1-2 inches, hopefully it'll be fine, b/c yea..i'm not taking 2 vacation days for snow. sucks too, b/c most could simply work from home, charge their time...but my job, can't do that, so it's a vacation day. so yep, my dreamin' arse will be on the train and in the office tomorrow.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    took a vacation day.
    hubby was able to call out sick, lucky bastard. i probably would've gone in if he did, but him being home and me wondering how bad it would get, if trains would run later, etc. stayed home. it really isn't *that* bad, so probably could've gone in, maybe left a bit early. i think the trains are doing ok, tho i haven't checked since the AM...but c'est la vie. i'm home and warm, soon to start up a DVD.

keep safe and warm all!

hope tomorrow isn't worse... :?

isn't that bad? i cant see outside my window

its getting real bad right now

all the lirr people left here by 1pm

tom. morning commute is gonna suck

glad im staying 10 minutes away :mrgreen:

nope.
    i dunno where you are...i'm on long island/nassau....not too bad. sure, there's a decent amount of snow, still lightly falling and i know it's meant to get worse. initially tho, they were predicted between noon and 2pm being "the worst" and thus why i decided to stay home, figured why go thru the hassle of getting in, only to torun right around, possibly get stuck for hours, etc? as it is right now, seems i've could've worked until 3 without much issue. eh well, the weather is far from an exact science.

i'm hoping tomorrow will be ok due to there being a decent amount of time for things to be cleared up. even if we get another 1-2 inches, hopefully it'll be fine, b/c yea..i'm not taking 2 vacation days for snow. sucks too, b/c most could simply work from home, charge their time...but my job, can't do that, so it's a vacation day. so yep, my dreamin' arse will be on the train and in the office tomorrow.

long long post :mrgreen:

had to skim thru it

nyc is getting hammered at the moment and im sure its headed your way

enjoy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • long long post :mrgreen:

had to skim thru it

enjoy

sheesh.....two paragraphs is too long? :?
    so much for attention spans... ;)

and, well....it didn't 'head our way'.....sure we got snow and lots of it, but it was never as heavy as predicted. accumulations definitely as much or more than predicted, but we never had a white-out, just steady accumulation. total winter wonderland at home. that between 12 and 2 prediction of blizzard/white-out had me convinced to stay home - that never really was an issue in reality - i could have made it into the city for work, c'est la vie. here today tho, no problems!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

had to skim thru it

enjoy

its actually quite nice in the sun today

and i 've had just about enough of work for today so im outta here 8-)

and, well....it didn't 'head our way'.....sure we got snow and lots of it, but it was never as heavy as predicted. accumulations definitely as much or more than predicted, but we never had a white-out, just steady accumulation. total winter wonderland at home. that between 12 and 2 prediction of blizzard/white-out had me convinced to stay home - that never really was an issue in reality - i could have made it into the city for work, c'est la vie. here today tho, no problems!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

had to skim thru it

enjoy

and i 've had just about enough of work for today so im outta here
  • long long post :mrgreen:

had to skim thru it

enjoy

and i 've had just about enough of work for today so im outta here

yes, it is!
    i have a beautiful, sunny view from my cube.
    was a gorgeous walk this morning from home to the train....snow is soooo fantastic when it's sunny and blue skies. wish i could be outta here....2.5 more hours!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    My kids are home from school today it's (teacher conference day) and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm enjoying every minute of this. Someday I will have to go back to work :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image