So no North American tour in 2010?

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited February 2010 in The Porch
It seems a few months ago we were all geared up and tour dates were going to be announced any minute! What happened???
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'd say Seattle in October is the only show worth assuming
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • I'd say Seattle in October is the only show worth assuming

thats one pretty obvious yeah.

But what about that new york rumour? it seems pretty solid.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i heard there would be no tour because people keep on creating new threads on the same subject (of no tour) when there already enough of them :lol:

it is the middle of feb for crying out loud! a quick look at my emails show that it was the middle of march when the 08 us shows were announced!

dates will be announced at some stage! deal with it :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i heard there would be no tour because people keep on creating new threads on the same subject (of no tour) when there already enough of them :lol:

it is the middle of feb for crying out loud! a quick look at my emails show that it was the middle of march when the 08 us shows were announced!

dates will be announced at some stage! deal with it :lol:

why waste your breath anymore :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Well its just mid February maybe we just need to hang on a little longer before we give up hope
  • no, it's gonna be a south america tour this year..
    i'm hopeful!
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Any expectation of a tour announcement any minute was created by anxious fans, not anything else. Relax, if it happens, it will happen when it happens.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    What about an "Australian" Tour!...hahaha...I'm getting 'Withdrawals'... :P
  • no news in february obviously means the entire year is shot to shit. good work, op.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • I'm hopeful that we will get some touring news as the year goes on. If not spring then in the fall.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    no news in february obviously means the entire year is shot to shit. good work, op.

I didn't say that, I just said there was a million threads talking about how a tour was about to be announced and then nothing...I was just wondering what happened and why we went from tour talk on every thread to threads about Ed with cats. I thought there might have been something that happened with the band that I didn't know about possibly? Wasn't one of the band members expecting a baby sometime this year? All the rumors that were being kicked around in Jan seemed pretty solid so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask what happened when everything went quiet. Thanks for all the sarcastic remarks though, what would we do on this board without all the people rushing to flex their incredible internet wit? :roll:
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
    edited February 2010
    I keep seeing an ad like this on various websites for Pearl Jam tickets on Tickets Now. I was on the Boston Herald website last week and saw a similar ad. I went on this wrestling site today and the same ad is there. Anyone see the purple PJ ad? Maybe that's foreshadowing for things to come?

http://www.wrestleview.com/

Edit: Here too at the bottom. Of course they may change on a daily basis.

http://www.popsugar.com/John-Mayer-Talk ... dline_feed
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • fuck 'em...they come, they come...they don't, they don't.....i'm not gonna sweat that shit anymore.
  • fuck 'em...they come, they come...they don't, they don't.....i'm not gonna sweat that shit anymore.
    Next week...

Trust me on this....

They will be announced next week......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    fuck 'em...they come, they come...they don't, they don't.....i'm not gonna sweat that shit anymore.
    Next week...

Trust me on this....

i'm liking your optimism, Speedy! i hope it includes a Texas date or two.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    edited February 2010
    I'd probably attribute that to behavioral targeting and nothing more... those ads are being populated with subjects that, based on your internet travels, are most likely to get you to click on them. If someone spent a ton of time on a DMB site, for example, my guess is that those little ad units would be promoting them instead of PJ.
    Post edited by Motown322 on
    Next week...

Trust me on this....

I had the same feeling too SM. Just a hunch.
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Motown322 wrote:
    I'd probably attribute that to retargeting and nothing more... those ads are being populated with subjects that, based on your internet travels, are most likely to get you to click on them. If someone spent a ton of time on a DMB site, for example, my guess is that those little ad units would be promoting them instead of PJ.

Big brother is always watching...
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    I keep seeing an ad like this on various websites for Pearl Jam tickets on Tickets Now. I was on the Boston Herald website last week and saw a similar ad. I went on this wrestling site today and the same ad is there. Anyone see the purple PJ ad? Maybe that's foreshadowing for things to come?

Ads are displayed depending a lot of times on where your IP originates. So since I'm in Lexington, I can't see the ad for a Pearl Jam Show in Boston, but rather an ad for continued education at a local community college. Can you print screen it?
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • nbakyfan wrote:

Ads are displayed depending a lot of times on where your IP originates. So since I'm in Lexington, I can't see the ad for a Pearl Jam Show in Boston, but rather an ad for continued education at a local community college. Can you print screen it?

printer not hooked up now but did you see it on Popsugar as well? It seems to be the same purple ad for Tickets Now for Pearl Jam.

EDIT: Off topic but I love Elisabeth Hasselback on the View. She's insane but I'd like to bang her.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    my2hands told me that they will be doing a VFC tour starting in October
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Next week...

Trust me on this....

HAHAHAHAHAHA...........Joe might as well change his name...he is never going to live that shit down!!
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    nbakyfan wrote:

printer not hooked up now but did you see it on Popsugar as well? It seems to be the same purple ad for Tickets Now for Pearl Jam.

EDIT: Off topic but I love Elisabeth Hasselback on the View. She's insane but I'd like to bang her.

No No no. You don't need an actual printer. Just hit the "print Screen" button on your keybaord, open up paint, right click and "paste". Print Screen is just taking a screen shot. :)
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • No No no. You don't need an actual printer. Just hit the "print Screen" button on your keybaord, open up paint, right click and "paste". Print Screen is just taking a screen shot. :)[/quote]

I hit the print screen on my labtop but no paint screen opened. Nothing did. Are you saying when you log onto the website below you don't see a PJ ad?

• No No no. You don't need an actual printer. Just hit the "print Screen" button on your keybaord, open up paint, right click and "paste". Print Screen is just taking a screen shot. :)

I hit the print screen on my labtop but no paint screen opened. Nothing did. Are you saying when you log onto the website below you don't see a PJ ad?

http://www.wrestleview.com/[/quote]

[post edited by Admin]
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    No No no. You don't need an actual printer. Just hit the "print Screen" button on your keybaord, open up paint, right click and "paste". Print Screen is just taking a screen shot. :)

http://www.wrestleview.com/[/quote]

I didn't get a PJ ad...it was AT&T, Dental stuff and other things.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Kat wrote:
    I didn't get a PJ ad...it was AT&T, Dental stuff and other things.

I got Jimmy Choo Win ad's. That's it over @ http://www.wrestleview.com/! :|
    Oh & big new's, Jerry Springer on RAW next week! Yippy!!! :twisted:
  • It must change for different users. It says..."TicketsNow The Best Seats...Pearl Jam tickets (on bottom of ad) Buy Now. The ad is in complete purple. Click on and it just has the Hard Rock tickets.
  • yeah, it'll probably have to be next week. Can you imagine waiting in line for tickets in the middle of a freak'n blizzard!? Surely, Pearl Jam want us all healthy and warm when they line up to get general public ticket sales. I know all us hardcore fans buy tickets online anyway, but see how Pearl Jam love all their fans together now. mmmmmmm warm Pearl Jam without toast...
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
  • yeah, it'll probably have to be next week. Can you imagine waiting in line for tickets in the middle of a freak'n blizzard!? Surely, Pearl Jam want us all healthy and warm when they line up to get general public ticket sales. I know all us hardcore fans buy tickets online anyway, but see how Pearl Jam love all their fans together now. mmmmmmm warm Pearl Jam without toast...

brings back memories to the 80s and waiting in line for bracelets w/UncleJosh for GnR.