Bootleg Addict - My Ten Step Program

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited February 2010 in The Porch
For the last 10 years or so, I listened to tons of boots and pretty much neglected the studio albums unless there was a new release. Even then, I would listen to the studio album up until the live boots came out then hardly listen to it again.

In the past 2 weeks I have listened to nothing but studio albums from Ten to Backspacer. I've grown to love albums that I didn't like so much (Riot Act/Binaural) and I really enjoy listening to the bands transition through the years. Makes me appreciate them much more.

I recommend that everyone do this...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So what are the ten steps?

Oh, I get it: Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Avocado and Backspacer.

Clever you are, BabaBooey!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i can't do it. fell out of love with pearl jam for years because the studio albums, it was the live boots that brought me back!!! GIVE ME LIVE OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Will do comrade!!
    México 24/11/2011
  • I agree...There is certainly something special about listening to studio albums after you have been listening to boots for a long period of time.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I'm bang in the middle of a new affair with the studio albums, mainly Binaural, No Code, Riot Act, Vitalogy and Yield and I'm finally listening to Backspacer after months of neglect. I got a top of the range walkman at Christmas and the studio stuff has never sounded as good to me as it does right now. Still have time for the boots but I've listened to just about every show the band has done and loads many times over. Time to rest them a bit until the tour is closer. Going back to the studio versions makes you appreciate the albums, not just the band.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    "Yield" is the only I go out of my way to play...

Its the funkadelic rock that i can't get enough of..

can't explain it...

and the count off of :
    "OneTwoThreeFour, OneTwoThreeFour,(Mikey screw up) "
    before "Brain of J" explodes into your speakers never seems to get old for me..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I usually have a fairly equal amount of live & studio PJ in my playlist at any given time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    locked wrote:
    "Yield" is the only I go out of my way to play...

Its the funkadelic rock that i can't get enough of..

can't explain it...

and the count off of :
    "OneTwoThreeFour, OneTwoThreeFour,(Mikey screw up) "
    before "Brain of J" explodes into your speakers never seems to get old for me..
    I was JUST going o say the exact same thing! Way to go stealing my thunder dude!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I was JUST going o say the exact same thing! Way to go stealing my thunder dude!

Hey... we're talking about Mikey.... yes?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford