macbook= broken AGAIN

yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
ugh so I need to vent and would love to know other mac users oppinion on their machines.

My macbook has been in and out of the store for repairs since I've gotten it 2 summers ago. First my keyboard had to be replaced because the mouse was all fucked up and wouldnt click, then my software had to be totally redone because my airport and wireless internet connection wouldnt connect properly and now my recent issue, my screen went half dead, so apple decided because I've had so many problems to send it to depot to get an overall look over and fix whatever needed to be fixed.
So I am without my computer for 5 to 7 business days..

It gets better...

I went to borrow my sisters macbook for class yesterday and wouldnt you know that as soon as I take 5 pages of notes, her hardrive fails and she loses everything. Now her computer is out for 5-7 days, and what do I get from apple? this isnt the usual apple experience... sorry?

:evil: I love my macbook but this is getting ridiculous, apple users have any similar problems or am I just cursed when it comes to technology?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ouch!
    we have a desktop imac......and it is pure LOVE!
    granted, we only have it a few months now, got it in october.....but yea, serious love.
    hope your experience is just a fluke. :? sorry you are experiencing such issues, that sucks!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I have a Macbook Pro and a G5 tower and love 'em.

Macbooks have a problem though. Mine shut down about 3 months ago and wouldn't restart although I could hear it whirring and clicking. The motherboard had blown. It was repaired free as Apple have a problem with a third party processor. If I'd had to pay it was £750.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    so . your saying its not worth paying that much for junk that keeps breaking . :lol::lol:

GO PC !!
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    so . your saying its not worth paying that much for junk that keeps breaking . :lol::lol:

GO PC !!

ha you sound like my boyfriend, hes a pc guy and it's all I've been hearing "what'd I tell you? overpriced, hunks of junk"

I also get the same shit for my VW jetta but that hasnt stirred me as wrong as apple has (knock on wood) :evil:
    jokertt14 wrote:

GO PC !!
    My sides are splitting. :lol::lol::lol::lol: PCs might be OK if it wasn't for all the Microsoft shite on them. Gates is the spawn of the devil.

Windows 2010 = Apple 2005
  • I don't have a Macbook - just an iMac, which is still incredibly awesome after 2 years.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I don't have a Macbook - just an iMac, which is still incredibly awesome after 2 years.

exactly what i love to read!
    i *heart* my imac!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• awh glad to hear it for you imac users! guess i should have gone that route over the macbook but i needed it to be portable, so I'm stuck with my notebook of problems and issues grrr
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    that sucks. i've had my MacBook for about 2 years & i've never had a problem. hope they get yours (& your sisters) fixed soon for you!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i've had my macbook pro for about 3 years now and had no problems ... in fact, i've dropped it twice in the past month from waist height and there are some dents but the computer works fine ... the battery is pretty much shot now and only lasts like 20 mins but that is normal ...

i don't tho want to discredit your experiences ... did you buy the computer new from an apple retailer? ... maybe they'll give you a new one altogether?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    nuffingman wrote:
    My sides are splitting. :lol::lol::lol::lol: PCs might be OK if it wasn't for all the Microsoft shite on them. Gates is the spawn of the devil.

Windows 2010 = Apple 2005

We have a Macbook and a G5... both have been flawless. Our G3, though....OMG what a piece of shit!!!

To your comment above, it blows my mind how Microsoft can just wait for Mac to invent something and then introduce "their" version. Same with all the iphone clones. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    polaris_x wrote:
    i've had my macbook pro for about 3 years now and had no problems ... in fact, i've dropped it twice in the past month from waist height and there are some dents but the computer works fine ... the battery is pretty much shot now and only lasts like 20 mins but that is normal ...

i don't tho want to discredit your experiences ... did you buy the computer new from an apple retailer? ... maybe they'll give you a new one altogether?

It's normal for the battery to last only 20 minutes? Or only after you've dropped it a few times? :?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    scb wrote:
    It's normal for the battery to last only 20 minutes? Or only after you've dropped it a few times? :?

it's normal for the battery to not work efficiently like when you have it new ... most electronics that use batteries are similar from what i understand ...
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I would ask for a new one. If it has been in multiple times it is probably a lemon. I've done that in the past with some work Macs. Apple is usually pretty good about that.

I have had a MBP for over three years now with no problems. I am going to try and get a new one when they are released shortly.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    nuffingman wrote:
    jokertt14 wrote:

GO PC !!
    Gates is the spawn of the devil.

I mean yeah, god forbid someone spend the rest of his life dedicated to community service. Sounds like an awful person.
  • Riot_Mac wrote:
    I would ask for a new one. If it has been in multiple times it is probably a lemon. I've done that in the past with some work Macs. Apple is usually pretty good about that.

I have had a MBP for over three years now with no problems. I am going to try and get a new one when they are released shortly.

Oh I've tried to get a new comp out of them, I have fenagled them to say one more repair on either computer and they will replace them, but other than that theyre not budging... they suck :evil:

As for Gates, he flies one of my friends around the country that is less fortunate. She is brilliant with computers and he flips the bill on everything for her. Without him, she'd be dead in the water, so he seems like a decent person to me.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    awh glad to hear it for you imac users! guess i should have gone that route over the macbook but i needed it to be portable, so I'm stuck with my notebook of problems and issues grrr

I have an imac wife has a macbook, never a moments trouble with either, I have to believe the folks at apple that it's an unusual experience. I think apple will take care of your problems.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    jokertt14 wrote:

GO PC !!

I mean yeah, god forbid someone spend the rest of his life dedicated to community service. Sounds like an awful person.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• edited February 2010
    i'll never buy another Apple product. my new PC is a beast and a comparable Mac would have been 3 times as much.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
    Riot_Mac wrote:

Oh I've tried to get a new comp out of them, I have fenagled them to say one more repair on either computer and they will replace them, but other than that theyre not budging... they suck :evil:

As for Gates, he flies one of my friends around the country that is less fortunate. She is brilliant with computers and he flips the bill on everything for her. Without him, she'd be dead in the water, so he seems like a decent person to me.

I tthink he's a decent person, he plans on giving his vast wealth to charity.

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Ive had my mac mini for over a year now and it runs fine. It runs a little slower than when I first got it but its still fine the way it is. Too bad its extremely underpowered... I shouldve waited till they updated them and then bought it. The new mac mini is sooo much better.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I have a Dell inspiron with Windows Vista a
    nd it has been nothing but a g*ddamn brutal nightmare of problems for over 4 years...

The hardware sucks..

Windows Vista is like a cruel joke, it is compatible with NO-THING!

My next computer WILL be an Apple..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    jokertt14 wrote:

GO PC !!

I think there are people on here without a sense of humour. :roll:
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    MrSmith wrote:
    i'll never buy another Apple product. my new PC is a beast and a comparable Mac would have been 3 times as much.
    Word.
    Mac is where it is today far more due to strong advertising rather than strong products. No doubt Windows has a lot of problems, but there's no way in hell I'd ever choose mac over PC.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • MrSmith wrote:
    I bet your beast depreciates in value 3 times as fast over the next year or so as well...

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • MrSmith wrote:
    Word.
    Mac is where it is today far more due to strong advertising rather than strong products. No doubt Windows has a lot of problems, but there's no way in hell I'd ever choose mac over PC.
    So that's why the PC market has constantly implemented whatever Apple has brought to the market... such as...

The mouse (yeah Xerox had a mouse but they never made it commercially viable)
    Firewire
    USB
    Quicktime
    CDRom

ect. ect. ect.

Yes, they do use slick advertising, but the product quality backs up what they are selling. Try that with Dell or Acer or Toshiba...

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • MrSmith wrote:
    I bet your beast depreciates in value 3 times as fast over the next year or so as well...
    so? i dont plan on selling it. i dont know why anyone would buy an old mac either. and with the money i save i can build a PC for a fraction of the price as a clunky Mac.
  • aw man, i'm sorry that sucks! i've been fortunate *knocking on desk*, i've had my macbook for 2 years, no probs yet, and an imac here at work that's been working like a dream. i hear about PCS having problems *way* more than macs overall
    polaris_x wrote:
    scb wrote:

it's normal for the battery to not work efficiently like when you have it new ... most electronics that use batteries are similar from what i understand ...

But you can get a new battery, right?
    locked wrote:
    I have a Dell inspiron with Windows Vista a
    nd it has been nothing but a g*ddamn brutal nightmare of problems for over 4 years...

The hardware sucks..

Windows Vista is like a cruel joke, it is compatible with NO-THING!

My next computer WILL be an Apple..

FUCK Dell!!! :twisted: :twisted:

(Ah... that felt good! :) )