Q: Could a Fall Tour be Certain? A: Maybe (my opinion)

pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 472
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Most of us have developed a hair-pulling case of anxiety concerning a possible U.S. tour in the spring or summer. At the risk of adding to all the noise present on this message board, I want to give hope to another scenario in the not too distant future. After months of heavy research in dimly lit library cellars and completing my doctorate in Astrology, I have come to the conclusion we can expect a Pearl Jam concert on 10/22/10 (Gasp!).

A part of me can imagine it being held in S. America, if only because the crowds there were like nothing the band has ever experienced. But if they were inclined to celebrate this occasion with as many friends, family members, and business associates as possible, it would most logically be somewhere in the U.S. A full-scale tour (which these days won't exceed a few weeks) does not necessarily have to revolve around this date. It can very well just be a few nights in one city. Yet, Jeff has been quoted in the past to have said something along the lines that pearl jam doesn't begin to fire on all cylinders until after they have completed the first portion of shows on a given tour. This might have something to do with how seldom they rehearse beforehand. Another nugget of wisdom from Mr. Ament is this equation: playing 1 concert= 10 rehearsals. Even in Vegas '00, the bandmembers were still nervous about putting on a concert to live up to the milestone of their tenth year together. Now if I can be so bold as to say, in preparation for a stellar 20th anniversary extravaganza, at least a handful of concerts needs to preface it.

Another factor to consider, although Pearl Jam does not base decisions solely on a financial stance (despite what others think), they still run a business. So alright, money is going to play a certain role in a number of situations. With that in mind, as long as they are going to assemble their crew (including Frenchie) and load a half-dozen trucks (including disco ball), it makes sense to widen their profit-margin with a proper tour.

Sure, I'll be the first to admit I'm grasping at straws here. Another route is a bunch of shows on another continent and returning to the U.S. for their anniversary. I don't like that route, so we will speak no more of it. Or they could just set it up in Seattle. That is less likely, since pearl jam just played there- twice. How strong of a possibility do you think a Fall 2010 North American tour is? And can 'Them Crooked Vultures' be booked as the supporting act? Lastly, what crazy-ass rarity will we insist they bust out this time? And don't say "stupid mop".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PakaPaka Posts: 471
    The Fleet Foxes deserve to support Pearl Jam.
  • i did not read the entire first post. however, whether a real tour or not, i for one just do NOT see pj letting 10.22.10 pass em by with no show. hubby and i have already planned the 2 weeks surrounding that date off in anticipation of said show. honestly, i am all for october! (just please, have 10c tix sales before end of august/early september, it's tax season again then! :| ) spring would be nice, sure....but a big bash for the 20th would be even more awesome! sure, both would be cool too, but whatever. my hopes really are on october. and if it doesn't happen, well i guess mr. dream and i will decide to take an awesome vacation sans pj. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow