pearl jam acoustic songs

gamergeek00gamergeek00 Posts: 6
edited February 2010 in The Porch
hey guys i'm sort of a new pearl jam fan since i just got into them a year ago, and i was wondering if you could help me out with something.
I love the three acoustic songs on backspacer (just breathe, speed of sound, and the end) and i was wondering if pearl jam had any other acoustic songs? besides daughter, small town, and oceans :roll:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Plenty plenty plenty! I take it you only have Ten, Vs. and Backspacer from the songs you mentioned. Next step: the rest of the catalogue. All of the albums have great acoustic tracks, as well as Ed's solo album, Into the Wild.

For some pure acoustic-y goodness though, check out "Live at Benaroya Hall" to hear them at their best.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Disc #1 of the 7/11/03 Mansfield, Ma live boot.

Its the most amazing accoustic set they have ever performed.

They came out before the opening act and played an all accoustic set as
    part of the "Boston Experiment".
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • oh alright thanks guys :)
  • Plenty plenty plenty! I take it you only have Ten, Vs. and Backspacer from the songs you mentioned. Next step: the rest of the catalogue. All of the albums have great acoustic tracks, as well as Ed's solo album, Into the Wild.

For some pure acoustic-y goodness though, check out "Live at Benaroya Hall" to hear them at their best.

I think the version of "Black" from the Benaroya Hall show is probably one of the best versions I have ever heard. Throw on a pair of headphones and listen to that as loud as you can. That would be a good show to have on DVD. "Footsteps" from Lost Dogs is also a great acoustic song. But seriously Gamergeek00 if you have not heard the Benaroya show listen to it on a good set of speakers or headphones, and without any distractions, and you will be blown away.
  • As mentioned before, BENNY HALL! This boot has stood the test of time for me because I play it a TON...
  • Get the ten deluxe box set with the MTV unplugged DVD that's a classic start.let me sleep its Christmas time is great lost dogs has a bunch of acoustic b-sides and classics such as bee girl,drifting,fatal,strangest tribe.low light is a great song from their fifth release yield.around the bend,last soldier,long road,crazy mary,and nothing man also have an acoustic vibe.but you should check out another great artist if you like pearl jam his name is Jeff Buckley.he was a good friend of the best singer on the planet Chris Cornell!Chris has also got some really great acoustic music out there!!
    For the ultimate thrill you have to pay the ultimate price i don't know if that's right?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    off he goes
    arond the bend
    Low light
    All those yesterdays
    of the girl
    parting ways
    thin air
    Thumbing my way
    all or none
    parachutes
    come back
  • Man of the hour is amazing.
    Off he goes and low light are two of my favourites.
    However do check out Nothingman. That song is incredible.
    There really are scores of awesome acoustic songs they do and they are also masterful when it comes to cover's.
  • Benaroya Hall show and u are full of the best music ever... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Lukin is Always good!....... :P lol
  • locked wrote:
    Disc #1 of the 7/11/03 Mansfield, Ma live boot.

Its the most amazing accoustic set they have ever performed.

They came out before the opening act and played an all accoustic set as
    part of the "Boston Experiment".

awesome. I never knew. I'll have to check this out.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • go buy Rear View Mirror, i always suggest this to my friends who are just getting into the band...one disk is mostly up beat and upper-mid-tempo songs and the other disk is the slower acoustic songs as well as some lower-mid-tempo songs
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    check:
    White Male American

ca: Bonnaroo 2008
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • oh geez i got a lot of music i need to listen to lol :D
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Oh and check the cover "I Believe In Miracles" of the Benaroya Hall Disc, one of the best performances they've ever played!
    México 24/11/2011