Contribute to a Pearl Jam Fan Book!

Pearl Jam BookPearl Jam Book Posts: 7
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Good Evening:

At a Seattle show in September a few Ten Club members and I were talking about how over the years we've heard or read a story for nearly every PJ song having a personal meaning to someone we encountered.

I work in publishing and we had an idea to put together a collection of these stories, written by the fans.

What we're picturing - a paragraph per song about someone's individual connection to that song.
Ideally, a few months down the road, we could make this Pearl Jam journal of sorts available via a link on this board.

Due to the specific targeted group of people, we don't anticipate a profit on this project. But, if we were able to recoup the dollars we put into it, we'd like to involve the Wishlist Foundation for potential proceeds.

We want to hear from you! If you would like to participate, please email a story about a PJ song of your choice, along with your first name, last name and hometown to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pearljamjournal@gmail.com">pearljamjournal@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Thank you for your consideration! We'd love to hear from all of you. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    NIce idea count me in! :)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    A very interesting project you've got going on here! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Thanks for everyone's enthusiasm on this.

If you'd like to share your story about a song, please write 300 words or less.

Feel free to send in a story for more than one song if you'd like!
    Again, the email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pearljamjournal@gmail.com">pearljamjournal@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i have a thing about black that i wrote years ago but it's longer than 300 words. :mrgreen:
  • :D awesome
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I've already said i'm in...

Looking forward to writing something later today :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.

about better man? :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

about better man? :mrgreen:

Possibly... 8-)

Actually no... DEFINATELY!!!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Email sent 8-)

• Hmmmm, tough decision on what song
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...