State of Emergency

jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
What exactly does this mean? Can one use this as a legitimate excuse for not going to work?
PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i dont know but i like where your heads at
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • probably not tommorrow. they will just think you are hungover from the Super Bowl.
  • Oh its not me. Thankfully not scheduled again till Tuesday. Tried Googling the rules but it seems very grey. My employer apparently is threatening to write up all who called off today. I think its bullshit... Would that really hold up?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    What's the emergency?
  • 20+ inches of snow in Pgh and surrounding areas
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• __ Posts: 6,651
    That's tough. On one hand, if you can't get to work, you can't get to work. What are you gonna do, ya know? On the other hand, "essential personnel" are required to go in where I work, even when everyone else gets off because the snow is too bad.

Are people planning to take leave days for not coming in? How essential is it that they come in? Hope all goes well.
  • Restaurant closed yesterday...regular hours today. Apparently alot of people could not or did not make it in as we are still digging out and not all roads are clear yet. Just wondered if it would stand. I personally dont care as I didnt even bother trying yesterday(Live about 15 miles from location) and not scheduled again till Tuesday. Just a little concerned for those involved.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• State of emergency around here for noreasters just means government workers don't go to work and you gotta get your car out of the street for plowing.

I say go to work.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    depends. i've been in storms where they basically say, you can't be on the roads in less it's an emergency.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    20+ inches of snow in Pgh and surrounding areas
    That was Friday. Now it's Monday. Go to work.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    here in Cincy, if we have a Level 1 emergency, you can be arrested for being on the road.

and... we get paid, at least at my job we do.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Oh its not me. Thankfully not scheduled again till Tuesday. Tried Googling the rules but it seems very grey. My employer apparently is threatening to write up all who called off today. I think its bullshit... Would that really hold up?
    Write up???

There is 20 inches of snow on the ground, and the owner of the restaraunt is threatening to write people up, if they dont show up to work?

Personally, If it were me, and again "If it were me", I would tell Mr. Owner to go fuck himself and shove the "write up" straight up his ass.......

But thats just me....

Write ups???
    Does he make you stand in the corner if you are late????

Write ups????
    Are we in the 3rd grade?????

This is why I dont work in an office setting, or any setting for that matter, that would have me dealing with other human beings, for more than 10minutes at a time......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • State of Emergencies seem so varied...

There have been times where a State of Emergency has been called, and I've had not trouble getting to work (just a little slower), and other times where you can't get out of your driveway.

I think that State of Emergency is more of a term for areas to get government funding.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln